GEMS AMID THE DROSS.

  • rede2rollbaby
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2009

         Gems amid the dross.

      In today's distrustful world, I more often now reflect,

      upon who makes a difference…who earns my respect.

      Souls firm of belief, those who yet keep silent counsel,

      never to denigrate, condemn, nor endeavour to compel,

      the quiet soldiers of humanity…how little they expect…

      They show the enduring worth, a humane belief avows,

      though varied faiths they carry, a sincerity this endows.

      They wear a well respected face, that spans generations,

      one expressive of compassion and liberal interpretations,

      yet they toil  un-noticed, seen only, what racism  allows.

      Pilgrims who labour quietly, all radical mischief to undo,

      that legion who by example hope moderation to construe.

      To force genocide, inhumanity and hatred from the earth,

      that Man by true faith may share of compassion's worth.

      Salvation, is not religion, nor oppression, but a silent few…

      ©.. Copyright: Bernard de Silva…1-Sep-09.

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2009
        Hi Bernie

        Re: "Who earns my respect"
        I was talking to a lady today who was born in the early thirties and who was bemoaning the appalling manners of some of the younger members of our society.
        She averred many of the younger set are only concerned with their own image almost to the point of narcissism.
        I was forced to agree up to a point but perhaps the fault lays with us the parents although my own children would be acceptable in any company. I believe that is because acceptable behaviour was drilled into them at an early age as it was for us older generation, with love and respect by our own parents.
        I must admit though, I do admire the openness of youngsters these days now children can be seen AND heard and I will never `talk down' to a child but treat them as a young adult .By the same token, I would
        never `doff my cap' to a man who considers himself my master.

        Your words say it all Bernie as usual.

        Another masterpiece