Indroducing myself!

  • tigarlillytaylor
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
      I have just joined this great site and hope to learn from it as well as find a few writing friends. So on with my story through a quick poem.

      I am a girl from the north that's been through the mill.
      I've taken my shots and I'm taking them still.

      I've been up and down, around the world through the years.
      I have cried my share of heart broken tears.

      But through it all I can say this.
      The world is something I'd not want to miss.

      I've been bad to the bone and good as gold.
      I still feel young while my body feels old.

      I walked in the dark of a cold still night
      looking for muggers, but none were in sight.

      I have fought against life and made a few gains.
      But it just isn't worth the tears and the pain.

      I married two men against the alarms.
      But honey I tell you the third times a charm.

      So now I am happy and have claimed a new life
      with a much younger husband with no fear of this wife.

      I still have red hair with a few streaks of gray
      and had a lot of fun getting it that way.

      I do not regret all the fun in this life
      and I hope will forgive this crazy in love wife!

      Sherrie
    • rede2rollbaby
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
        G'day Sherrie,
        welcome to the site Mate,
        it's one great place to meet great people...
        I'm not one of those of course, just the
        resident 'Vulgar Colonial', from 'the land
        down under'...
        Cheers Mate,
        Bernie...

        Wives in love...the very best,
        they're ever, warm and cuddly...
        Though jealous spouses attest,
        "Make sure it is, with 'hubby'.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
          Dear Sherrie,

          Welcome to ticket2write. You introduced yourself in a most charming way. That is a good example to us all. I hope you will enjoy your experience in this group. We are delighted to have you with us.

          Suzianne

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2009
            Dear Sherrie

            Welcome dear lady,great to have you aboard.Your happiness runs through your poem like a rill through a summer meadow.

            However, I would ask you to try to restructure the last line.The significance is patent but it doesn't flow too well.

            Ps Don't be disheartened because I'm the Mr Picky of this group.

            Pps.My regards to toyboy.Great ain't it.I have many companions of the opposite gender who are young enough to be my daughters but I also have others who are old enough to be my gran and I love 'em all.

            --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "tigarlillytaylor" <tigarlillytaylor@...> wrote:

            > I have just joined this great site and hope to learn from it as well as find a few writing friends. So on with my story through a quick poem.
            >
            > I am a girl from the north that's been through the mill.
            > I've taken my shots and I'm taking them still.
            >
            > I've been up and down, around the world through the years.
            > I have cried my share of heart broken tears.
            >
            > But through it all I can say this.
            > The world is something I'd not want to miss.
            >
            > I've been bad to the bone and good as gold.
            > I still feel young while my body feels old.
            >
            > I walked in the dark of a cold still night
            > looking for muggers, but none were in sight.
            >
            > I have fought against life and made a few gains.
            > But it just isn't worth the tears and the pain.
            >
            > I married two men against the alarms.
            > But honey I tell you the third times a charm.
            >
            > So now I am happy and have claimed a new life
            > with a much younger husband with no fear of this wife.
            >
            > I still have red hair with a few streaks of gray
            > and had a lot of fun getting it that way.
            >
            > I do not regret all the fun in this life
            > and I hope will forgive this crazy in love wife!
            >
            > Sherrie

          • sherrie taylor
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2009
              Thank you so much. I agree with you. The last line needs to flow better. I don't mind a Mr. Picky or as I would like to think of you, My Writing Angel!!! Do you love that or what!
              I will add more as time goes by...sherrie