Sunlight.

  • rede2rollbaby
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2009

                  Sunlight.

      The Sunlight, Pilgrim, have you noticed,

       how, it brightens high mountain tops…

      A visible warmth, so gently burnished.

      How it dances, upon the rippling waters,

      the sandy wash below, pale dappled light,

      midst the myriad, ever changing shadows.

      How morning's caress, a rosy subtleness,

      creeping stealthily each dawning, evolves…

      First, to some soft lingering, warming kiss.

      Thence to the harshness, of Sol's dominant

      apathy, till finally surrendering all warmth,

      its crimson life blood ebbing, fading away…

      The last faint flood congealed, to Darkness…

      whose cloistering shrouds yet retain within,

      one last hidden ember, dawning to rekindle …

      ©. Copyright: Bernard de Silva…Jun. 30, 09.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3 9:56 AM
        Hi Bernie
        Excellent, but there is another side to the coin and the obverse is too disastrous to put to rhyme.

        The day star. centre of our solar system, composed of nothing more than gases, was formed 4.5 billion years ago and is estimated to continue given us life for another 4.5 billion years.
        Helios or Sol, depending if you favour Greek or Roman is no longer an object of worship but a source of the pigmented skin tumours resulting in malignant melanomas.

        Yesterday (July 2nd) we, north of the equator,were farthest from the sun during its aphelion and on the beaches of Cornwall you may see young females exposing pale epidermis for grilling by Sol.
        Now I'm not complaining about the exposure, for the clothes these maidens are almost wearing are so skimpy I have to avert my gaze lest I be accused of voyeurism.
        Your countrymen Bernie must suffer more than us in UK as the perihelion occurs on January 2nd.

        We are given to understand that the Sun has used up one half of its hydrogen supply so we might suppose that bodes well for the future, providing we are not roasted to a frazzle.

        In the meantime enjoy the warmth.

      • kawaiyume@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 16 12:07 PM
          Hi! Your poem makes me feel how the sunlight should be treasured. I do not go out much, but I can feel the warmth of your poetry. Also, I feel as if it is a poem that describes the transportation of a person on a journey to almost any place imaginable. It would be a great pocket verse for us all to carry around. ^_^