Re: Happy Birthday Carol

  • albiaicehouse
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2009
      Carol,

      Happy Anniversary...of Your Birth!

      Rod

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "wings081" <wings081@...> wrote:

      > Dear Carol
      > Your friendship and input at t2w means so much to us all here and we hope there will be no more scary hospital episodes to your biography.
      >
      > Have a wonderful day among your friends and family and make a firm resolution your life's plot for this next year is not going to be marred by rejection slips.
      >
      > Wishing you a fantastic Mayday.

    • nigel_tiptoe
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2009

        Yep! Happy birthday.

        Nigel
      • Carol
        Message 3 of 11 , May 3, 2009
          Dear friends,
          Thank you for all the warm and chocolately wishes. I apologize for not writing earlier. I was away from my computer for a couple of days, relaxing and enjoying the newborn spring. Gads, it's spectacular when the sun finally comes out. So green, so fresh. Anyway, thanks for all your heartfelt wishes and I'm planning on staying away from hospitals and such just as long as I can. But a little chocolate (not a truckload) is good for the soul.
          Always,
          Carol

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 30, 2012
            Dear Carol
            Let us forget the extra year added to your age and celebrate the
            submissions and advice you offer us on t2w which are ageless and will hopefully continue to keep us on the right track.

            Carol my dear,you must know how close I am to your country of birth
            and also how I love to rib you over there without any malice aforethought.
            It seems lately that the art of humour and open laughter is slipping into the past and to restore your faith in the very good relations between our two countries, I send you not a commercial card but a
            witticism to brighten your day.
            Have a great day with my very best wishes.

            US Navy At Its Best!!

            The following is the transcript of an ACTUAL radio conversation in October 1995, between a US Navy ship and The British authorities, near the coast off England . The transcript was released by the MoD on 10/10/95.

            British: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South, to avoid collision.

            US Navy: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the North, to avoid collision.

            British: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid collision.

            US Navy: This is the Captain of US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

            British: Negative. I say again. You will have to divert your course.

            US Navy: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln. The second largest ship in the United States ' Atlantic fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that you change your course 15 degrees north. That's 15 degrees north, or counter measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

            British: Sorry we cannot divert. We are a lighthouse.
          • Jay Doggett
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 30, 2012
              Carol,

                  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

              Jay
            • carol_emt87
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 30, 2012
                Thank you for the good wishes and sentiments. I also appreciate the humor. Only the United States could have the audacity to ask England to move out of its way—go figure. My father served in the U.S. Navy as a medic on the USS Midway during the Korean War. He also mentioned that while serving in the Navy and while serving as a medic, he was quite often seasick. Ah, irony!
                I will raise a glass tomorrow and toast "here's to not acting our age!"
                Always,
                Carol

                Message 7 of 11 , May 2, 2012
                  Thanks Jay!