Re: So do life’s ripples spread… (Bernard 38010)

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 8, 2009
      Hi Bernie.
      Great writing as always Bernie. Takes me back to childhood when two of
      us would drop stones in the water and watch the concentric circles
      gradually bring their armies to the front and disintegrate as they met.
      It's said proverbially that: "Into each life a little rain must fall"
      but I was most concerned about the floods in Queensland this week.,
      with crocs and snakes roaming the streets.
      I contacted my brother in Melbourne, an ex-university lecturer,
      suggesting he set out a scheme to pipe this excess water down to
      Melbourne and other dry sites in Australia but so far no reply.

      My brother has a house set in around ten acres of grassland to the
      west of Mel and has to collect rainwater in an under-house tank to
      cope with shortages.
      Now I hear the worst bush fires in Australia's history have taken 76
      lives (at the last count) to the north of Melbourne.
      There are some great people living `down under' but I think I'll stick
      to what I know best and the Celts will have to endure my pot-stirring
      a little longer.

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "rede2rollbaby"
      <rede2rollbaby@...> wrote:

      > So do life's ripples spread…
      >
      > Dancing droplets, puncturing the surface,
      > as each transient sparkle, etches ripples...
      > Spreading briefly…of a source consumed.
      > Bright sheen, from stormy skies reflected,
      > seen to shimmer, upon puddles in the rain...
      >
      > Ripples, weaving mesmeric, ebbing patterns,
      > each expanding circle, momentarily discrete…
      > instantly, irretrievably, integrated in display.
      > Eyes, see life reflected, vague images appear…
      > the mind dwells, till patterns alter, yet again.
      >
      > ©. Copyright: Bernard de Silva…Feb. 8, 09.

    • rede2rollbaby
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 8, 2009
        G'day Wings,
        With a bit of forethought to that transfer,
        which obviously presents a multitude of problems within itself, much
        might have been achieved…The Queensland Coal Mining Industry which
        promotes open cut mining operations on a deposit which extends
        behind the Great Dividing Range for much of the state's length, could
        have easily provided many sections of ready made transfer avenue…The
        Southern parts of the state ever suffer water shortages and drought
        and the inland sector forms the source and primary water catchment
        for the Darling part of the badly compromised Murray-Darling River
        system. Also any prevention of soil or agricultural chemical run off
        into the inner waters about the Great Barrier Reef would be a step
        towards its conservation…
        Must take a swipe, at the Powers of Government and conservation here
        who make it a punishable offence to kill, maim or even assume
        proximity to one of the moist effective predators on the planet, the
        salt water crocodile…Having been afforded total protection, this
        animal which was never in actual danger of extinction here, [the
        mongrels are `farmed' in any case] and whose only predator is Man,
        has proliferated to plague proportions…Man is now the endangered
        species…A young lad is currently missing…presumed taken, up North
        of here…
        Fire and Water, old Mate…necessities…and endangerment.
        As for the bloody crocodile, if ever any license to cull becomes
        available, Lee Enfield and I would be on the short list to apply…
        Cheers,
        Bernie…
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
          Hi Bernie
          Re. "License to cull"

          Ode to a crocodile

          I usually allow space for any man or a beast
          Roaming this earth contemplating a feast
          But the reptile known as the big pebble worm
          Gives me the creeps, it fair makes me squirm

          A crocodile of children in line two by two
          Crossing the street as some of them do,
          Observing quite right health and safety rules
          Laid down by the teachers of junior schools

          I find no fault with that I fact it's quite cool
          To see young toddlers make their way to the school
          There to learn of the nasties inhabiting this planet
          Especially the croc. We should cull or yet ban it

          From roaming at will along our town streets
          Snapping their jaws on young human treats
          Dogs cats and birds and pregnant sows
          Even been known to take full-grown cows

          What possible use can they be on this earth
          Can someone offer a clue to their miserable worth?
          Perhaps the ladies will tell me, if I make so bold
          Why we put up with this monster, so ugly and cold

          I've been told a female ensemble is never complete
          Without a crocodile hand bag and shoes on her feet
          But my tip to the croc is keep shut that long snout
          Keep it buttoned old sport or else just ship on out.

          <rede2rollbaby@...> wrote:

          > G'day Wings,
          > With a bit of forethought to that transfer,
          > which obviously presents a multitude of problems within itself, much
          > might have been achieved…The Queensland Coal Mining Industry which
          > promotes open cut mining operations on a deposit which extends
          > behind the Great Dividing Range for much of the state's length, could
          > have easily provided many sections of ready made transfer avenue…The
          > Southern parts of the state ever suffer water shortages and drought
          > and the inland sector forms the source and primary water catchment
          > for the Darling part of the badly compromised Murray-Darling River
          > system. Also any prevention of soil or agricultural chemical run off
          > into the inner waters about the Great Barrier Reef would be a step
          > towards its conservation…
          > Must take a swipe, at the Powers of Government and conservation here
          > who make it a punishable offence to kill, maim or even assume
          > proximity to one of the moist effective predators on the planet, the
          > salt water crocodile…Having been afforded total protection, this
          > animal which was never in actual danger of extinction here, [the
          > mongrels are `farmed' in any case] and whose only predator is Man,
          > has proliferated to plague proportions…Man is now the endangered
          > species…A young lad is currently missing…presumed taken, up North
          > of here…
          > Fire and Water, old Mate…necessities…and endangerment.
          > As for the bloody crocodile, if ever any license to cull becomes
          > available, Lee Enfield and I would be on the short list to apply…
          > Cheers,
          > Bernie…

        • rede2rollbaby
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 9, 2009
            G'day Wings,
            Lee Enfield and yours truly salute you...
            I've no qualms with conservation...support it, but when
            you see Government needlessly spend bulk dollars, tax
            payer dollars, capturing and 'relocating' the beasties
            only to have them return to point of capture, it becomes a
            bit hard to wear...Of course local Government follows suit.
            As ever politics is an underlying factor...the senate vote
            of the conservationist, "The Green Party Vote" and other
            indepedants, is shamelessly courted by the major parties as
            a matter of political expediency and policy is tailored to
            suit...The prevelence of scaly preditors...no,no, not the
            politicians...the crocodiles...is just one thing to emerge
            from the morass...
            Just to state the undenyable facts in Queensland, several
            people taken recently, reptiles jammed under trucks in
            suburban streets, major tourists resorts with no one allowed
            near the water because of crocodile sightings, schools and
            popular beaches closed for the same reason...
            Here locally, at Mackay, we have had two captured and remove
            operations which involved 'experts' arriving from here there
            and everywhere to participate...each escapade lasted months.
            The locale was a waterway in a well used park, sited right in
            the middle of a long established residental area. We have
            suffered the beach closures...becoming almost mandatory in the
            North and the local Marina complex, one bordered by million
            dollar high rise appartments and hotels is a frequent sighting
            point...All local public boat ramps and even the river crossings
            at bridges in the city area proper, have crocidile warning signs
            on display...
            Sorry about the 'rant', I apologize for the wasted time and space.
            Personally I'd like to 'relocate' a few dozen of the heaviest,
            longest,ugliest, most aggressive, human-devouring, 'salties' to
            pristine Lake Burleigh Griffin, smack in the middle of Canberra,
            to let the policy makers view the problem at their leisure...
            Cheers Mate,
            Bernie...

            --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "wings081" <wings081@...> wrote:

            > Hi Bernie
            > Re. "License to cull"
            >
            > Ode to a crocodile
          • Manfred
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 10, 2009
              ... for me, I'd shove the bastards in their dunnies so the 'problem'
              could bite them on the arse ...

              Manfred.