Sailors

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 2008
      Sailors

      In your watery ship you dream,
      Of times long ago that have been,
      Not counting the price which you paid,
      Nor the memories that you have made,
      Rest in honor,
      Rest in glory,
      Rest in peace,
      Rest.

      On the 67th anniversary of the sinking of the USS Arizona in Pearl
      Harbor, Hawaii.

      JKSaylor
      12-7-08
    • goddessinbluejeans
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2008
        Dear JK Saylor: Timing for this poem is concise and in step with the
        event horizon. 67 years already? To all those buried at sea and
        aboard ship, "come ashore" and have some 'nog with your landlubber
        cousins! My hats off to the men and women of Pearl Harbour, brave
        souls all, and Heroes of America! Your lives will never be forgotten!
        Saying a silent prayer to all who guard our shores, thank-you! Jane
        JOnes--- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jerry5849@...>
        wrote:

        > Sailors
        >

        > In your watery ship you dream,
        > Of times long ago that have been,
        > Not counting the price which you paid,
        > Nor the memories that you have made,
        > Rest in honor,
        > Rest in glory,
        > Rest in peace,
        > Rest.
        >
        > On the 67th anniversary of the sinking of the USS Arizona in Pearl
        > Harbor, Hawaii.
        >

        > JKSaylor
        > 12-7-08

      • David Roth
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2008
          Hear, hear. Well done, Jerry.

          Dave

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 9, 2008
            Hi Jerry
            I've sent you an e-mail off site with some amazing shots of the Pearl
            Harbour epic.

            --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jerry5849@...> wrote:

            > Sailors
            >

            > In your watery ship you dream,
            > Of times long ago that have been,
            > Not counting the price which you paid,
            > Nor the memories that you have made,
            > Rest in honor,
            > Rest in glory,
            > Rest in peace,
            > Rest.
            >
            > On the 67th anniversary of the sinking of the USS Arizona in Pearl
            > Harbor, Hawaii.
            >

            > JKSaylor
            > 12-7-08

          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 10, 2008
              gibj & Dave,
              Thank you both for your kind words. The attack on Pearl Harbor was a
              tragedy. I wish I could say it would never happen again, but of
              course I cannot do so. Perhaps one day the world will finally beat
              their swords into plowshares, but I won't hold my breath.
              Thanks again,
              Jerry

              --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "David Roth"
              <davidjroth2002@...> wrote:

              > Hear, hear. Well done, Jerry.
              >
              > Dave

              Dec-08
              > 16:55

            • Jerry
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 10, 2008
                Hey Wings,
                Thank you for for the link to that site. It is amazing.
                Best regards,
                Jerry