RE: [ticket2write] Re: Alice's Goldfinch - A Poem

  • David Roth
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 2008
      GIBJ,

      Nearly 30 years ago I took the accompanying photograph through my ex-wife's
      Aunt's kitchen window. I don't know the bird's name, but the Aunt was named
      Alice, and she's knocking on the door of 90 years young. Even though I am
      now on her sub-human spawn of the devil list because of the divorce (my
      fault, naturally), I thought of her when I came across the photo the other
      day. Alice's home and Alice's kitchen window, through which I watched what
      most certainly be therefore, Alice's Goldfinch.

      Dsave

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2008
        Dear David: Oh how you have made me chuckle and gafaw! That is a
        riot! Spawn of the devil? hahhaa! Good things ye be a poet young
        Davie, because you have much fodder at your chance to recall these
        sprites of the Muse. All these riches of experience, both good and
        bad make the poet great. It is duly noted your greatness! gibj--- In
        ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "David Roth" <davidjroth2002@...> wrote:

        > GIBJ,
        >
        > Nearly 30 years ago I took the accompanying photograph through my
        ex-wife's
        > Aunt's kitchen window. I don't know the bird's name, but the Aunt
        was named
        > Alice, and she's knocking on the door of 90 years young. Even
        though I am
        > now on her sub-human spawn of the devil list because of the divorce
        (my
        > fault, naturally), I thought of her when I came across the photo
        the other
        > day. Alice's home and Alice's kitchen window, through which I
        watched what
        > most certainly be therefore, Alice's Goldfinch.
        >
        > Dsave

        Dec-08