Re: A Big Bang (Bernard 37358)

    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 9, 2008
      Hi Bernie (for possibly the final time)
      Re. "Whose 0800hrs)
      I assume it to be UTC Co-ordinated Universal Time which I suppose is
      similar to mean solar time GMT, but it could be T.A.I. International
      Atomic Time.
      I shouldn't worry too much Bernie as you still have, by my clock,
      around eight and a half hours to grab a few cans of Fosters and go
      out in style.Hold it though The experiment is about 8 degrees east of
      us here so better hurry along to the bar as you now have only maybe
      six and a half hours left.
      Good heavens, is that the time and I haven't had my cocoa yet

      Cheers old mate, see you at the pearly gates or around the fireside.

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "rede2rollbaby"

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 9, 2008
        Dear Suzi

        Your native Americans have got it wrong this time.
        Now would I lie to you Suzi?
        I have told you many times of my association with the highest
        authority and Peter his door-keeper told me he has a new pair of
        trainers for me so I can fast-track to the nearest poker game.

        I will take you to task at some future time about "WE all live as
        long as we are supposed to live" For now I'm going for my final
        goodnight rest period.

        As ever

        Wings
        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Donahue"

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 10, 2008
          Dear Wings...The experiment is over and we survived. My old home in
          Illinois was just a few miles from Fermi Lab where there is a
          particle accelorator. It it a fascinating operation which may unlock
          the secrets of the universe. Below ground, the frontiers of science
          are being probed, but above ground a herd of buffalo grazes on a huge
          expanse of prairie. It is quite a contrast.

          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 10, 2008
            Dear Suzi

            Dear Suzi

            Re "the experiment is over"
            Now hang on a cotton picking minute girl. The experiment is only on
            its first run.
            Rome wasn't built in a day, although it would have been had I been
            site manager.
            So the world did not implode (YET!!). It takes time to cross a road
            with a pram load of kids.
            The Celts are behind this mammoth task The top man is from Wales and
            the procurement manager lives a short trek up the road from my house
            near Wadebridge.

            You are aware how truculent the Celts can be when the World cocks a
            snook at them,so I would advise you to be a little circumspect when
            dismissing their efforts or your place on my space vehicle will be
            forfeit and I was anticipating welcoming you aboard.

            One way tickets are selling fast to our destination, Alpha Orionis,
            or to give it the layman's name: Betelguese.

            Sleep well tonight. It could be your last.

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 10, 2008
              Dear Wings,

              Golly, I just love it when Brits talk Southern. Down here in
              Arkansas, "a cotton pickin' minute" is a familiar phrase.

              Hold that place on the space vehicle for me. I am always up for an
              adventure.

              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                Dear Suzi

                Dear Suzi
                Re. "Brits talking Southern"
                I was an Okie for almost a whole year and had a close liaison with a
                purdy local college girl,
                but the attraction ,from her POV, was the uppity way I spoke back
                then and when I returned to UK
                a smattering of the Southern drawl returned with me. Some terms
                required explanation and still do to this day.
                I read that `Hush Puppies' are balls of cornbread deep fried, and fed
                to dogs at meal times to keep them quiet, yet in UK they are a
                comfortable style of soft shoe. You say: `Fit to be tied' when angry.
                Tied to what, I ask?
                `Walking on a slant' when over-imbibed of hard liquor is an apt
                description sho `nuff.
                However, whatever you write as an Arkansawyer, I'm sure I will be
                able to comprehend your meaning.

                As ever

                Wings

                Ps. I realise today is perhaps the most infamous anniversary of the
                day the terrorist scum demolished the Twin Towers and in
                rememberance,we in UK mourn the loss of life with all citizens of the
                USof A.
              • goddessinbluejeans
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                  Further addendum to an endumquantum: Yes, we survived another day!

                  Hurray!!! But what a night! I woke up in a cold sweat which probably
                  was not

                  caused from menopause, but rather a combination of events.

                  The time was 4:30 a.m. there was no electricity in the

                  house. Later I found out that the electricity was turned

                  off in our area, is this coincidental? I think not? How

                  much energy is needed to smash these minute particles?
                  I tried in vain to find a flashlight, stubbing my often

                  broken toes in the process. The absolute darkness reminded

                  me of a War of the Worlds scenario.
                  Thank-you Wings for providing me with this domestic and

                  domilcile type of doombastic entertainment series. Better

                  than Mad Men series! It really makes the future emergency

                  drills so much more real for the actual events that may

                  take place in the future. FEMA has nothing on you!
                  A few questions to pass the time; Just exactly should one

                  expect or how exactly should one dress when combining

                  molecules and the like with a black hole? It did not feel

                  like an enjoyable experience as I had been imagining the

                  worse case scenario. Would odd lights appear on the

                  horizon? It would be nice if something good could come from

                  this disaster? Maybe the presence of God, for example?
                  Would there be a blue light orb of the God molecule

                  immanitating from the collapse of space? How large would be

                  this black hole if it were to exist?
                  Also, could these experiments conflict with the global

                  warming theories? Could these occilations in the universal

                  fabric go awry and cause horrible hurricanes as the US is

                  experiencing? Canada also feels these unwanted effects of

                  the Doomsday Machine now called the Hadron collider. Hope

                  it is all "much ado about nothing".jane jones--- In

                  ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "g--- In
                  ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "goddessinbluejeans"

                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                    Dear GIBJ

                    The "Last Flower" which, together with one man, his girl and a flower
                    was all that remained after the end of WWX11.
                    Bit too far ahead for me. I'm having difficulty coming to terms with
                    WW4
                    However the story reminds me of Karel Capek's "Rossum's Universal
                    Robots (RUR) written in 1921,
                    in which robots created by man take over control and two robots, a
                    male and a female automaton
                    fall in love. I believe the last words of the story were: "go Adam,
                    Go Eve"
                    Then there was Aldous Huxley's "brave New World" of 1932 where the
                    Creator was usurped and people were artificially cultivated.
                    We are at present getting very near the mark with cloning. I would
                    confidently predict that within the next ten years a perfect
                    reproduction of human life will emerge from the laboratories, if
                    indeed that event has not already taken place

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 15, 2008
                      Dear Wings: Thank-you for this information! About Karel
                      Capek's "Rossum's Universal Robots (RUR), I shall have to google the
                      man and his work. This week on TCM (Turner Classic Movie Network) the
                      play Stage Door is going to be shown. This was my first professional
                      production at 16! I played Bobby Melrose! Of course, I thought Jack
                      Warner would have noticed my "broad" talent. Oh well...
                      Anyway, I am not panicking now, the storm is behind us, that
                      ravaging beast called Hurricane Ike. Not sure how the lovely and fair
                      sweet Suzi faired in this Hurricane Ike, one of many this season.
                      It has been horrible weather this year, cold, wet and damp.
                      Complaining now only seems worthwhile in hindsight, if it isn't the
                      Hurricane season, it is a drought season. El Nino. At least the
                      Hurricane is named after a man this time around.
                      If only the scientists knew how to cool the ocean waters or
                      something. Maybe some enterprising youth could erect huge windmills
                      rather than continue with the beleagered oil refinery factories which
                      do not help matters in the Gulf of Mexico.
                      I have some friends in Houston, Texas who weathered the hurricane
                      with only 1/2 hour of electrical outage. FEMA is getting better
                      prepared for these non-stop disaster events. The cost in the Billions
                      may be why Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch are closing shop. Sign
                      of things to come? How to stop the train wreck literally (California
                      train crash could be sinister too) and figuratively. What next?
                      Migraines caused from extreme low pressure can last for days.
                      My "canary in the cage" spidey-sense communicates to me similar to
                      those who feels storms coming when arthritis kicks in, and joints
                      swell.
                      There are other causes of undue nervousness and feelings of impeding
                      dread due to extreme weather fluctuations. I could really hire myself
                      as a barometer as I can feel it in my bones! The many tornadoes and
                      hurricanes (not to mention Listerosis outbreak) all taking a toll. It
                      was my conjecture that sunspots and hurricanes, as well as
                      bacteriologic, virologic outbreaks, etc may be caused by sunspot
                      activity. The gamma radiation being released could be the signal that
                      the sun is not doing well, and may be on a downward spiral. A spiral,
                      like the dna, formed the the peptide chain of events of unknown
                      electrical solar energy fields. Maybe, hopefully the Hadron collider
                      will find out these truths before it is too late. Maybe not. It is
                      interesting to note that the dna intertwined chain is also an
                      electrically charged molecule, with fluctuations and activity as yet
                      unknown. How does this effect us? Why? All unanswered questions.
                      Maybe it is time to find answers to these question before it is
                      really too late. Floods definitely will be the next biggy on a global
                      scale. But how does one stop an ocean or two?
                      The mysterious doppleganger effect of a full moon, unusual biological
                      rumblings of the old hag syndrome, plus the Hadron Collider, as well
                      as no electricity has all been a bit too much lately for this sad
                      Sally. Something about things coming in threes? Let's be on the
                      proton side of this positive thinking trend to turn back the tide of
                      impending doom. Doom is not inevitable, not if humans truly has a
                      will that works!gibj
                      Robots (RUR) --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "wings081"
                      <wings081@...> wrote:

> [...]
                      > > > ours will implode on itself.
                      > > > In case this turns out to be fact rather than fiction,I would
                      > like
                      > > > take this opportunity to thank all members for their efforts to
                      > > make
                      > > > t2w one of the greatest creative writing groups on the WWW.
                      > > >
                      > > > Might I suggest you telephone your loved ones to bid them a
                      fond
                      > > > farewell;make friends with your enemies;have a nice hot cup of
                      > cocoa
                      > > > and hit the sack for your final pillow conversation before
                      > dreaming
                      > > > yourself into the oblivion of Wednesday September 10th 2008.
                      > > >
                      > > > By my reckoning we have roughly ten hours to go, so farewell my
                      > > > friends it's been nice knowing you.
                      > > >
                      > > > As always
                      > > >
                      > > > Wings
                      > > > Now where did I park my space ship.Beam me up Scotty.

                    • Paul Mueller
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 18, 2008
                        I've been busy approaching as many attractive women as I can, explaining that with the end of the world approaching, we'd be wise to use our last moments on earth in mutually enjoyable activities.  Alas, so far there have been no takers.

                        Maybe they don't like my cigar.  :(

                        Paul

                        Forget Global Warming for there is about to occur an experiment which
                        could result in the termination of all mankind.

                        Sometime after 0800hrs tomorrow,in a 17mile long tunnel beneath
                        the Swiss/French border, scientists intend to reproduce the Big Bang
                        with their Large Hadron Collider.
                        It is possible, due to the intense gravity created that this world of
                        ours will implode on itself.
                        In case this turns out to be fact rather than fiction,I would like to

                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 18, 2008
                          Hi Paul
                          Re. "maybe they don't like my cigar"
                          Two solutions here:
                          1 Advertise in the lonely hearts for a girl named Monica
                          2. Quit the smoking habit and start carrying around a large bar of
                          dark chocolate.You will have to fight them off.

                          --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Paul Mueller <ishbibbledee@...>
                          wrote:

                          > I've been busy approaching as many attractive women as I
                          can, explaining that with the end of the world approaching, we'd be
                          wise to use our last moments on earth in mutually enjoyable
                          activities.  Alas, so far there have been no takers.

                          > Maybe they don't like my cigar.  :(
                          >
                          > Paul

                        • Pauline Hamilton
                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 18, 2008
                            Hi guys,
                            Given the level of your desperation; why limit yourself to attractive women? ;-)

                            PS the chocolate only works if you have flowers to go with it...

                            Pauline Hamilton

                            Dance where you can, love where you dare,
                            Joy is not finished with you yet....

                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 19, 2008
                              Dear Pauline
                              Re. "why limit yourself to attractive women"
                              Define attractive.
                              How about: Alluring ;fascinating; captivating; charming; winsome (and
                              lose some); bewitching enchanting or just pleasant.
                              I count myself most fortunate to have been associated with most of
                              those feminine attributes among girls I have met. Some who would not
                              be out of place on a catwalk. Models and aspiring actresses, but many
                              who were what most people would call pretty, yet to me had little
                              else than beauty and beauty dissipates with the ravages of time.
                              Don't get me wrong for I admire a girl who takes care to look her
                              best, but beauty is often found hidden in the hearts of women who are
                              spurned by many men. Well, I'm not one of those men for I possess the
                              ability to look deeper than the paint and powder.

                              Re. "Chocolate works only if you have flowers to go with it"
                              You can't eat roses and you might get pierced by a thorn. Chocolates
                              however are harmless and a strong aphrodisiac. The trick is to offer
                              the lady a bar but always keep another ready for when she has scoffed
                              the lot and her lips have turned from red to brown, then produce your
                              reserve ammunition while she is still drooling.

                              Trust me fellers, it works.

                              --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Pauline Hamilton

                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 19, 2008
                                Would have to agree with your definition of attractive: add mysterious and you have the full catalogue. Of course, a wicked sense of humour and a twinkle in the eye goes a long way....

                                But that is not where the conversation was heading....

                                As for the chocolate, I'm a much tougher cookie to crack. Prefer the long game, the intensity of the chase, the dancing around each other unsure of when to make the next move. A box of choccies...well, that's just for amateurs...

                                But then, guess it depends on what exactly it is you're looking for...