Re: A Big Bang

    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 9, 2008
      Dear Wings...The Indians of the Iroquois Confederacy professed a
      belief that each child is born with the number of days of his or her
      life in the palm of its hand. That being the case, nothing can be
      done to prolong or shorten that time. We all live as long as we are
      supposed to live. If I am not intended to die on Friday, I won't.
      If that is the designated last day of my existance, so be it. If we
      all perish, it will be but a short time before we are all reunited in
      a better place.

      Either way, I will be chatting with you again tomorrow.

      Suzianne

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "wings081" <wings081@...> wrote:

      > Forget Global Warming for there is about to occur an experiment
      which
      > could result in the termination of all mankind.
      >
      > Sometime after 0800hrs tomorrow,in a 17mile long tunnel beneath
      > the Swiss/French border, scientists intend to reproduce the Big
      Bang

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 9, 2008
        Hi Bernie (for possibly the final time)
        Re. "Whose 0800hrs)
        I assume it to be UTC Co-ordinated Universal Time which I suppose is
        similar to mean solar time GMT, but it could be T.A.I. International
        Atomic Time.
        I shouldn't worry too much Bernie as you still have, by my clock,
        around eight and a half hours to grab a few cans of Fosters and go
        out in style.Hold it though The experiment is about 8 degrees east of
        us here so better hurry along to the bar as you now have only maybe
        six and a half hours left.
        Good heavens, is that the time and I haven't had my cocoa yet

        Cheers old mate, see you at the pearly gates or around the fireside.

        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "rede2rollbaby"

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 9, 2008
          Dear Suzi

          Your native Americans have got it wrong this time.
          Now would I lie to you Suzi?
          I have told you many times of my association with the highest
          authority and Peter his door-keeper told me he has a new pair of
          trainers for me so I can fast-track to the nearest poker game.

          I will take you to task at some future time about "WE all live as
          long as we are supposed to live" For now I'm going for my final
          goodnight rest period.

          As ever

          Wings
          --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Donahue"

          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 10, 2008
            Dear Wings...The experiment is over and we survived. My old home in
            Illinois was just a few miles from Fermi Lab where there is a
            particle accelorator. It it a fascinating operation which may unlock
            the secrets of the universe. Below ground, the frontiers of science
            are being probed, but above ground a herd of buffalo grazes on a huge
            expanse of prairie. It is quite a contrast.

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 10, 2008
              Dear Suzi

              Dear Suzi

              Re "the experiment is over"
              Now hang on a cotton picking minute girl. The experiment is only on
              its first run.
              Rome wasn't built in a day, although it would have been had I been
              site manager.
              So the world did not implode (YET!!). It takes time to cross a road
              with a pram load of kids.
              The Celts are behind this mammoth task The top man is from Wales and
              the procurement manager lives a short trek up the road from my house
              near Wadebridge.

              You are aware how truculent the Celts can be when the World cocks a
              snook at them,so I would advise you to be a little circumspect when
              dismissing their efforts or your place on my space vehicle will be
              forfeit and I was anticipating welcoming you aboard.

              One way tickets are selling fast to our destination, Alpha Orionis,
              or to give it the layman's name: Betelguese.

              Sleep well tonight. It could be your last.

              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 10, 2008

                Golly, I just love it when Brits talk Southern. Down here in
                Arkansas, "a cotton pickin' minute" is a familiar phrase.

                Hold that place on the space vehicle for me. I am always up for an
                adventure.

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                  Dear Suzi

                  Dear Suzi
                  Re. "Brits talking Southern"
                  I was an Okie for almost a whole year and had a close liaison with a
                  purdy local college girl,
                  but the attraction ,from her POV, was the uppity way I spoke back
                  then and when I returned to UK
                  a smattering of the Southern drawl returned with me. Some terms
                  required explanation and still do to this day.
                  I read that `Hush Puppies' are balls of cornbread deep fried, and fed
                  to dogs at meal times to keep them quiet, yet in UK they are a
                  comfortable style of soft shoe. You say: `Fit to be tied' when angry.
                  Tied to what, I ask?
                  `Walking on a slant' when over-imbibed of hard liquor is an apt
                  description sho `nuff.
                  However, whatever you write as an Arkansawyer, I'm sure I will be
                  able to comprehend your meaning.

                  As ever

                  Wings

                  Ps. I realise today is perhaps the most infamous anniversary of the
                  day the terrorist scum demolished the Twin Towers and in
                  rememberance,we in UK mourn the loss of life with all citizens of the
                  USof A.
                • goddessinbluejeans
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                    Further addendum to an endumquantum: Yes, we survived another day!

                    Hurray!!! But what a night! I woke up in a cold sweat which probably
                    was not

                    caused from menopause, but rather a combination of events.

                    The time was 4:30 a.m. there was no electricity in the

                    house. Later I found out that the electricity was turned

                    off in our area, is this coincidental? I think not? How

                    much energy is needed to smash these minute particles?
                    I tried in vain to find a flashlight, stubbing my often

                    broken toes in the process. The absolute darkness reminded

                    me of a War of the Worlds scenario.
                    Thank-you Wings for providing me with this domestic and

                    domilcile type of doombastic entertainment series. Better

                    than Mad Men series! It really makes the future emergency

                    drills so much more real for the actual events that may

                    take place in the future. FEMA has nothing on you!
                    A few questions to pass the time; Just exactly should one

                    expect or how exactly should one dress when combining

                    molecules and the like with a black hole? It did not feel

                    like an enjoyable experience as I had been imagining the

                    worse case scenario. Would odd lights appear on the

                    horizon? It would be nice if something good could come from

                    this disaster? Maybe the presence of God, for example?
                    Would there be a blue light orb of the God molecule

                    immanitating from the collapse of space? How large would be

                    this black hole if it were to exist?
                    Also, could these experiments conflict with the global

                    warming theories? Could these occilations in the universal

                    fabric go awry and cause horrible hurricanes as the US is

                    experiencing? Canada also feels these unwanted effects of

                    the Doomsday Machine now called the Hadron collider. Hope

                    it is all "much ado about nothing".jane jones--- In

                    ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "g--- In
                    ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "goddessinbluejeans"

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                      Dear GIBJ

                      The "Last Flower" which, together with one man, his girl and a flower
                      was all that remained after the end of WWX11.
                      Bit too far ahead for me. I'm having difficulty coming to terms with
                      WW4
                      However the story reminds me of Karel Capek's "Rossum's Universal
                      Robots (RUR) written in 1921,
                      in which robots created by man take over control and two robots, a
                      male and a female automaton
                      fall in love. I believe the last words of the story were: "go Adam,
                      Go Eve"
                      Then there was Aldous Huxley's "brave New World" of 1932 where the
                      Creator was usurped and people were artificially cultivated.
                      We are at present getting very near the mark with cloning. I would
                      confidently predict that within the next ten years a perfect
                      reproduction of human life will emerge from the laboratories, if
                      indeed that event has not already taken place

                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 15, 2008
                        Dear Wings: Thank-you for this information! About Karel
                        Capek's "Rossum's Universal Robots (RUR), I shall have to google the
                        man and his work. This week on TCM (Turner Classic Movie Network) the
                        play Stage Door is going to be shown. This was my first professional
                        production at 16! I played Bobby Melrose! Of course, I thought Jack
                        Warner would have noticed my "broad" talent. Oh well...
                        Anyway, I am not panicking now, the storm is behind us, that
                        ravaging beast called Hurricane Ike. Not sure how the lovely and fair
                        sweet Suzi faired in this Hurricane Ike, one of many this season.
                        It has been horrible weather this year, cold, wet and damp.
                        Complaining now only seems worthwhile in hindsight, if it isn't the
                        Hurricane season, it is a drought season. El Nino. At least the
                        Hurricane is named after a man this time around.
                        If only the scientists knew how to cool the ocean waters or
                        something. Maybe some enterprising youth could erect huge windmills
                        rather than continue with the beleagered oil refinery factories which
                        do not help matters in the Gulf of Mexico.
                        I have some friends in Houston, Texas who weathered the hurricane
                        with only 1/2 hour of electrical outage. FEMA is getting better
                        prepared for these non-stop disaster events. The cost in the Billions
                        may be why Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch are closing shop. Sign
                        of things to come? How to stop the train wreck literally (California
                        train crash could be sinister too) and figuratively. What next?
                        Migraines caused from extreme low pressure can last for days.
                        My "canary in the cage" spidey-sense communicates to me similar to
                        those who feels storms coming when arthritis kicks in, and joints
                        swell.
                        There are other causes of undue nervousness and feelings of impeding
                        dread due to extreme weather fluctuations. I could really hire myself
                        as a barometer as I can feel it in my bones! The many tornadoes and
                        hurricanes (not to mention Listerosis outbreak) all taking a toll. It
                        was my conjecture that sunspots and hurricanes, as well as
                        bacteriologic, virologic outbreaks, etc may be caused by sunspot
                        activity. The gamma radiation being released could be the signal that
                        the sun is not doing well, and may be on a downward spiral. A spiral,
                        like the dna, formed the the peptide chain of events of unknown
                        electrical solar energy fields. Maybe, hopefully the Hadron collider
                        will find out these truths before it is too late. Maybe not. It is
                        interesting to note that the dna intertwined chain is also an
                        electrically charged molecule, with fluctuations and activity as yet
                        unknown. How does this effect us? Why? All unanswered questions.
                        Maybe it is time to find answers to these question before it is
                        really too late. Floods definitely will be the next biggy on a global
                        scale. But how does one stop an ocean or two?
                        The mysterious doppleganger effect of a full moon, unusual biological
                        rumblings of the old hag syndrome, plus the Hadron Collider, as well
                        as no electricity has all been a bit too much lately for this sad
                        Sally. Something about things coming in threes? Let's be on the
                        proton side of this positive thinking trend to turn back the tide of
                        impending doom. Doom is not inevitable, not if humans truly has a
                        will that works!gibj
                        Robots (RUR) --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "wings081"
                        <wings081@...> wrote:

> [...]
                        > > > ours will implode on itself.
                        > > > In case this turns out to be fact rather than fiction,I would
                        > like
                        > > > take this opportunity to thank all members for their efforts to
                        > > make
                        > > > t2w one of the greatest creative writing groups on the WWW.
                        > > >
                        > > > Might I suggest you telephone your loved ones to bid them a
                        fond
                        > > > farewell;make friends with your enemies;have a nice hot cup of
                        > cocoa
                        > > > and hit the sack for your final pillow conversation before
                        > dreaming
                        > > > yourself into the oblivion of Wednesday September 10th 2008.
                        > > >
                        > > > By my reckoning we have roughly ten hours to go, so farewell my
                        > > > friends it's been nice knowing you.
                        > > >
                        > > > As always
                        > > >
                        > > > Wings
                        > > > Now where did I park my space ship.Beam me up Scotty.

                      • Paul Mueller
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 18, 2008
                          I've been busy approaching as many attractive women as I can, explaining that with the end of the world approaching, we'd be wise to use our last moments on earth in mutually enjoyable activities.  Alas, so far there have been no takers.

                          Maybe they don't like my cigar.  :(

                          Paul

                          Forget Global Warming for there is about to occur an experiment which
                          could result in the termination of all mankind.

                          Sometime after 0800hrs tomorrow,in a 17mile long tunnel beneath
                          the Swiss/French border, scientists intend to reproduce the Big Bang
                          with their Large Hadron Collider.
                          It is possible, due to the intense gravity created that this world of
                          ours will implode on itself.
                          In case this turns out to be fact rather than fiction,I would like to

                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 18, 2008
                            Hi Paul
                            Re. "maybe they don't like my cigar"
                            Two solutions here:
                            1 Advertise in the lonely hearts for a girl named Monica
                            2. Quit the smoking habit and start carrying around a large bar of
                            dark chocolate.You will have to fight them off.

                            --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Paul Mueller <ishbibbledee@...>
                            wrote:

                            > I've been busy approaching as many attractive women as I
                            can, explaining that with the end of the world approaching, we'd be
                            wise to use our last moments on earth in mutually enjoyable
                            activities.  Alas, so far there have been no takers.

                            > Maybe they don't like my cigar.  :(
                            >
                            > Paul

                          • Pauline Hamilton
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 18, 2008
                              Hi guys,
                              Given the level of your desperation; why limit yourself to attractive women? ;-)

                              PS the chocolate only works if you have flowers to go with it...

                              Pauline Hamilton

                              Dance where you can, love where you dare,
                              Joy is not finished with you yet....

                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 19, 2008
                                Dear Pauline
                                Re. "why limit yourself to attractive women"
                                Define attractive.
                                How about: Alluring ;fascinating; captivating; charming; winsome (and
                                lose some); bewitching enchanting or just pleasant.
                                I count myself most fortunate to have been associated with most of
                                those feminine attributes among girls I have met. Some who would not
                                be out of place on a catwalk. Models and aspiring actresses, but many
                                who were what most people would call pretty, yet to me had little
                                else than beauty and beauty dissipates with the ravages of time.
                                Don't get me wrong for I admire a girl who takes care to look her
                                best, but beauty is often found hidden in the hearts of women who are
                                spurned by many men. Well, I'm not one of those men for I possess the
                                ability to look deeper than the paint and powder.

                                Re. "Chocolate works only if you have flowers to go with it"
                                You can't eat roses and you might get pierced by a thorn. Chocolates
                                however are harmless and a strong aphrodisiac. The trick is to offer
                                the lady a bar but always keep another ready for when she has scoffed
                                the lot and her lips have turned from red to brown, then produce your
                                reserve ammunition while she is still drooling.

                                Trust me fellers, it works.

                                --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Pauline Hamilton

                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 19, 2008
                                  Would have to agree with your definition of attractive: add mysterious and you have the full catalogue. Of course, a wicked sense of humour and a twinkle in the eye goes a long way....

                                  But that is not where the conversation was heading....

                                  As for the chocolate, I'm a much tougher cookie to crack. Prefer the long game, the intensity of the chase, the dancing around each other unsure of when to make the next move. A box of choccies...well, that's just for amateurs...

                                  But then, guess it depends on what exactly it is you're looking for...