Re: For National Poetry Month 35985 Diva)

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2008
      Dear Marge.
      I trust you will not consider this irreverent on my part, but
      tomorrow is April 1st and you say we may receive poems from some of
      the famous you mention.

      Let's have a look at those you mention: I don't know if Julia Hartwig
      (born 1921) is still with us, but I can assure you Rudyard Kipling
      left us in 1936.

      Perhaps you should quote him to me with:
      "The silliest woman can manage a clever man
      But it needs a very clever woman to manage a fool"

      Your foolhardy friend

      Wings
      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Diva <the_only_data_diva@...>
      wrote:

      > Thought I would share this with you:
      >

      > Dear Poetry Lover,
      >
      > Ten years ago we began a Knopf tradition. To celebrate National
      Poetry Month, we sent a poem a day by e-mail for 30 days to anyone
      who asked to receive them. Now, with over 35,000 subscribers, we are
      proud to continue with a whole new series of daily poems. Each day
      during the month of April you will receive a poem from some of the
      best poets in the world including Mark Strand, Mary Jo Salter, Julia
      Hartwig, and Richard Kenney, as well as classics from Frank O'Hara,
      Rudyard Kipling, Kenneth Koch and more. This year, we'll also be
      featuring special podcasts, gorgeous printable broadsides, and signed
      books.

      > If you know of someone who might like to join the Poem-a-Day
      party, they may visit
      http://www.randomhouse.com/knopf/poetry/poemaday/ to sign up.

      > Best Wishes,
      >
      > Jason Kincade, Knopf New Media
      > knopfpoetry@...
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

    • Diva
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2008
        Wings, you dear, ever providing a good chuckle.

        Perhaps Coward had his lyrics wrong.

        Mad dogs and Cornishmen
        Go out in the midday sun,

        Cheers, dear.

        Diva

        wrote:

        > Thought I would share this with you:
        >

        > Dear Poetry Lover,
        >
        > Ten years ago we began a Knopf tradition. To celebrate National
        Poetry Month, we sent a poem a day by e-mail for 30 days to anyone
        who asked to receive them. Now, with over 35,000 subscribers, we are
        proud to continue with a whole new series of daily poems. Each day
        during the month of April you will receive a poem from some of the
        best poets in the world including Mark Strand, Mary Jo Salter, Julia
        Hartwig, and Richard Kenney, as well as classics from Frank O'Hara,
        Rudyard Kipling, Kenneth Koch and more. This year, we'll also be
        featuring special podcasts, gorgeous printable broadsides, and signed
        books.

        > If you know of someone who might like to join the Poem-a-Day
        party, they may visit
        http://www.randomho use.com/knopf/ poetry/poemaday/ to sign up.

        > Best Wishes,
        >
        > Jason Kincade, Knopf New Media
        > knopfpoetry@ ...

        > You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of
        Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

      • Richard J. Bates
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 9:41 AM
          They had suspended their email delivery's all winter but it's nice to
          know I'll be getting them again.