Re: Hello...and some lyrics

  • thebluemax2006
    Message 1 of 55 , Feb 29, 2008
      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "David L. Rosenthal"
      <sleeping_doggie@...> wrote:

      > Thank you, Tilly.
      >
      > I popped my floppy of poems into the computer, but the stupid
      > computer won't read it. I changed systems, from Windows 95 to
      Windows
      > Something-or-other and now I am stuck with a floppy of poems that
      > cannot be retrieved. Yippee.
      >
      > I wrote the following recently, so it has not yet made it onto the
      > dead floppy. They are lyrics for a song for a Christian Rock group.
      > It is meant to be a bit sarcastic.

      sarcasum noted, but... I question the word 'we' in the last versse.
      It seemes to me we should somehow seperate ourselves from the sinners
      we are preaching to.

      > You Think?
      >
      > You think you've got it so bad
      > You could just break down and cry
      > You're feeling sadder than sad
      > You don't know how you'll get by
      > You don't know which way to turn
      > You don't know which way to go
      > You only wait and you yearn
      > But just for what...you don't know
      >
      > Oh, Lord, please
      > Listen to Me!
      > Oh, Lord, please
      > Where can you be?!
      >
      > You think you've got it so bad
      > But you did not die today
      > Like all those children who had
      > From hunger faded away
      > You didn't die from disease
      > Or as a victim of war
      > So I will just ask you: Please
      > Please do not be...such a bore
      >
      > Oh, Lord, please
      > Please let me see!
      > Oh, Lord, please
      > What should I be?!
      >
      > Today the world is on fire
      > People are dropping like flies
      > And calling out for our help
      > While we are deaf to their cries
      > How can you sit there and think
      > That you have got it so bad?
      > The world would all be content
      > If they could have...what you've had
      >
      > Oh, Lord, please
      > What should I do?
      > Oh, Lord, let
      > Me be with you!
      >

      > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Tilly Rivers <tilly_rivers@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Welcome to the group David.
      > >
      > > Tilly Rivers
      > > www.rainbooks.com

    • bty29586219
      Message 55 of 55 , Jan 1, 2010
        Dear Tammy
        On this first day of 2010, allow me to welcome you to our group trusting you will find a comfortable seat among friends from every corner of this universe in which we exist, ignoring global warming and recessions in our efforts to entertain our neighbours with the written word.

        Re. " Fantasy-Adventure"
        I believe, unless you are reporting fact or recording historical events, all authors invent fantastic adventures which are capricious compositions of an imagination unrestricted by reality.
        Sometimes exposing our characters to impulsive and unpredictable peril, we are omnipotent in our field,
        We possess the power to give birth, to kill, to succeed over adversity, to destroy the world with a stroke of the pen. To write a love story with the consuming passion denied to the layman who never dares take up the pen, fearing ridicule. We can court Aphrodite with a billet-doux to almost pornographic extremes and still remain in the censor's good books.

        In short, we are earthly deities pandering to the whims and the voracious appetite of the reader.

        I look forward with interest to your future posts

        Ps.A few years back I had occasion to visit your Quaker State with a stop-over at Philadelphia en-route to Motown.I would like to have visited Pennsylvania but the airline were not very co-operative in re-adjusting their timetables.
        Next August I have to visit Washington State for a special family celebration, after which I and the rest of my clan wiil be motoring around for a while so I may yet get to see Lake Erie at ground level.