Fw: February Tuesdays with Writers in Lincoln, Nebraska

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 29, 2008
      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: Rex Walton <rexwalton@...>
      To: Undisclosed-Recipient@...
      Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 7:44:46 AM
      Subject: February Tuesdays with Writers, and more

      Tuesday, February 5th, 7 pm,
      at the South Mill
      48th & Prescott, Lincoln:
      Tuesdays with Writers
      brings
      Diane Dinndorf Friebe & Rex Walton
      to read

      Diane Dinndorf Friebe was/is an Elementary/Music teacher, School-Age Child Care Director, Department of Education consultant, Fulltime Mother, Founder/President of the Minnesota School-Age Care Alliance, Apprenticeship Program Manager for the Greater Minneapolis Day Care Association, Piano Teacher, Thespian, President/Executive Director of the High Plains Arts Council, Costumer, Florist, K-12 Guest Teacher,  Musical Theatre Producer-Director, Youth Choir Director, Keynote Speaker/Workshop Presenter, member of the Lincoln Civic Choir and of the Chaparral Poets, Bipolar Disorder expert (not by choice), Writer (by choice) and Poet.  She is, in a word, Verbose.

      Rex Walton .... my life took a turn, more like a blown front tire, in 1984, so instead of auto repair, I went to UNL, Andrews Hall: Creative Writing.   I spent such glorious, frivolous, exacting times with Greg Kuzma, Charlie Stubblefield, Mordecai Marcus, Marcia Southwick, and Warren Fine, to name a few. Since then, some publishing, much writing, and reading.............. I hope I'll never recover.......

      Coming soon....

      Tuesdays with Writers in March:

      the Creative Writing students of Lincoln High School!

      and, in April:

      Allison Hedge Coke

      Allison holds The Distinguished Paul W. Reynolds and Clarice Kingston Reynolds Endowed Chair in English, and is an Associate Professor of Poetry & Creative Writing in the English Department of the University of Nebraska, Kearney, 2007-2012.

      She holds an MFA from Vermont College (additional post-graduate work), and a professional performing arts certificate from Estelle Harmon's Actor's Workshop. She was a fellow at Naropa in the summers of 1992 and 1993 and remains a returning faculty member for the summer MFA/BFA intensive at Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado.

      http://www.nativewiki.org/Allison_Hedge_Coke

      - for more info, contact Deborah at dmcginn@...
      for more on the Mill, see http://www.millcoffee.com/about.php

    • Carol
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2008
        Dear Suzi,
        Thanks for posting this every month. I've tried for a couple of years
        to get on Rex's list, and for some reason, it never quite works out. I
        think I'll go to this one. Such a wonderful, intimate atmosphere. No
        pressure, no rush, and Deborah is a good friend of mine. Of course,
        that means I better get some writing done.
        In other news, the doctor told me Friday that my heart is back to
        normal. Hooray and let's have a parade (okay, maybe just a party).
        Carol

        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Susan Donahue <suzianne411@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 30, 2008
          Dear Carol, You are most welcome. We have quite a number of t2w
          members in Lincoln, NE, and I am pleased to keep all of you informed
          of poetry and writing events in the area. If it were no so cold, I
          would love to hop a train and go out there. The poetry is always
          interesting, the coffee is good and the company never fails to be
          entertaining. A few years ago, I was priviledged to see the Creative
          Writing students of Lincoln High School give a poetry reading program
          and I was so pleased to witness the enthusiasm and talent they
          displayed. Those who dispair of our youth and public education
          should take heart. Something very special is happening in Lincoln.

          Speaking of hearts...I am glad yours is ticking properly these days.
          Miracles happen and prayers are answered!

          Suzianne

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 30, 2008
            Dear Carol
            Pardon me for taking a peek at your note to Suzianne.
            We are all so pleased you've been given a clean bill of health from
            the doc. OK go ahead and have a party but easy on the hard stuff.

            Re. "Tried to get on Rex's list for a couple of years"
            Give me contact details and I'll try a little olde world charm to
            change his mind.
            Good to have you back in harness.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
              Thank you for your kind words and offer. I believe our Suzi might have
              Rex's e-mail. If I had the contact details, I would take care of it
              myself. Perhaps, as they say, the third time is the charm. I think
              I'll ask for his e-mail next Tuesday. That might just do the trick.
              Okay, back to my writing.....no parties planned as yet. Wish I could
              get y'all in one room. I know we'd have a great time.
              Carol

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
                Dear Carol,

                Here you go...Rex Walton's addy is rexwalton@...

                Drop him a note and ask him to add you to his mailing list. I am
                sure he would be happy to do so.

                Suzianne

                P.S. Does this mean I can stop making the tissue paper carnations to
                decorate the float? Just as well, I suppose. It's snowing here and
                that does all sorts of bad things to my fluffy flowers. I owe you a
                parade, Carol. I am so glad to see you mending properly.