The World Wide Word Radio Networks presents the Moe Green Poetry Hour featuring Kevin Clark, Kate Hall, Tom Thompson and open reader Leanne Ferretti

  • Rafael Alvarado
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2007

      The World Wide Word Radio Networks

       Presents

       This Friday December 28
       on
       The Moe Green Poetry Hour
       To listen to show click below
       Listen live or later
       http://www.blogtalkradio.com/onword/page/3
       Call in number (718) 508-9717

      7pm  Pacific time 10PM eastern
       Join Moe Green (AKA) Rafael F. J.  Alvarado and
       His cohost . Stacey Mangiaracina
      as they listen to the poetry of

      Kevin Clark
      Kate Hall
      Tom Thompson

      Open reader
      Leanne Ferretti

      Kevin Clark
      An award-winning poet, Kevin Clark is the author of the collection In
       the Evening of No Warning. His poems and essays have appeared widely in
       places such as The Georgia Review, Iowa Review, The Southern Review,
       The Writer?s Chronicle, and Contemporary Literary Criticism. His poetry
       writing textbook The Mind's Eye was recetnly published by Longman and is
       available on Amazon. Winner of the Distinguished Teaching Award, he
       teaches at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo and the Rainier Writing Workshop
       in Tacoma, Washington. He lives with his wife and children on
       California?s central coast, where he continues to play upper division softball
       ?despite legs life ancient concrete and more injuries than Eval Kneival.?

      Leanne Ferretti
      I've spent my whole life on Long Island with the exception of four years at the University of New Hampshire, where I played lacrosse and became very involved in activism on campus. I graduated this past May with a degree in Exercise Science, a great amount of ambition, and absolutely no direction. At the end of the summer I panicked and decided to return to school (undergraduate part two) at Stony Brook University, where I am currently taking coursework in biology with the intention of going to graduate school to teach or become a physician assistant, or to just stall and do neither. My loves include longboard skateboarding, acoustic guitar, spoken word poetry, and cooking vegetarian friendly food.

      I've spent my whole life on Long Island with the exception of four years at the University of New Hampshire, where I played lacrosse and became very involved in activism on campus. I graduated this past May with a degree in Exercise Science, a great amount of ambition, and absolutely no direction. At the end of the summer I panicked and decided to return to school (undergraduate part two) at Stony Brook University, where I am currently taking coursework in biology with the intention of going to graduate school to teach or become a physician assistant, or to just stall and do neither. My loves include longboard skateboarding, acoustic guitar, spoken word poetry, and cooking vegetarian friendly food.

      Kate Hall's poetry, stories and nonfiction have appeared in such publications as The Antioch Review, Rattle, Perihelion, Mr. Beller's Neighborhood, The Brooklyn Rail, The Mississippi Review, 5_Trope, and Stirring where she served as a poetry editor. She received the Robert Frost Poetry Prize while a senior at Kenyon College, holds a JD from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and lives in Brooklyn. You may contact Kate via MySpace

      Tom Thompson is the author of LIVE FEED, which came out in 2001, and THE PITCH, published in 2006--both books were published by Alice James Books. His poems and book reviews have recently appeared in Black Clock, BostonColorado Review, Conduit, and Verse. Tom works at an advertising agency, and lives in New York City with his wife and two sons.  Review,