I'm back down

  • Richard J. Bates
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2007
      again for the winter. As Gwen sez ... you guys have been chatty lately. Some trying times in the real world too,  'looks like.
      And Suze is living where now? We can send you a few buckets of snow for Christmas maybe?
      I'd been working at my island cottage job right up till those snows overcame us.   The builders ( an expansion project) has absolutely decimated my gardens with their 20 inch caterpillar treads.
      Ask me if I have enough work to do next Spring!

      I treasure the memories of  my U.K. visit! Uncle Jim is a lovable ol chap and aunt Millie will give you anything you want to eat or drink ... with the exception of orange juice at breakfast [ for some reason].
      He drove me all around the midlands.
       I visited the power props at the North Sea, the Stump in his hometown, the town of Lincoln,  with it's incredible views and teeming population.
      My plan is to take all the Hi-8 tapes and cut and paste in the computer this winter.

      Here's the poem I wrote for them -

      A FEW DAYS IN AUTUMN

      We breezed along the motorway,
      And cast our view to fall's array
      Of English greenery's display
      Me Uncle Jim and I.

      A finer tour there never was
      The movie cam did - what it does
      The weather bloke deserved applause;
      It was comfortably dry.

      We scaled the heights of Steep Hill Lane
      And parapets in King's domain
      We walked the stones which surfs had lain
      Revived the days that spoke of pain
      `Stood towered in the sky

      We watched the geese on grassy bog
      And leaned ourselves upon a log