'MOTHERS WEEP AND LOVERS SORROW'.

  • rede2rollbaby
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2007

      Song lyrics: Copyright : Bernard de Silva. Thurs 4th Oct. 2007.

      " MOTHERS WEEP AND LOVERS SORROW".

      Men fight for kings, or fight for country,
      too often they fight, in some other's war.
      Happens now…like throughout history,
      same as those old times, gone long before.
      Yesterday and today, likewise tomorrow,
      hear the cannons…and vile dogs of war…

      So let mothers weep and lovers sorrow,
      for those who fall, not to see tomorrow.
      the bugles fade, now campaigns are o'er,
      the world moves on, as it's done before.

      Crosses of white…across every country,
      showing the cost, not the squalor, of war.
      Always the same for defeat or in victory,
      fill the ranks, fight on…same as before.
      Yesterday and today, likewise tomorrow,
      so sad is the folly, the one they call war.

      Weep, my mother weep, my lover sorrow,
      life I'll give…for some brighter tomorrow.
      The bullets fly, I hear those cannons roar,
      pray for the last battle, in that final war.

      Rows of white crosses, one with my name,

      so much for changes, this world never saw,

      For naught, more a pity, more is the shame
      we gave life and our all, in wars to end war.

      Yesterday and today, likewise tomorrow,
      no one got the message…for all is the same.

      Yesterday, and today, likewise tomorrow,
      Mother, sad is the folly, one we call war.
      Weep, my Mother, you've reason to sorrow,
      my life I gave…for that brighter tomorrow.
      but bullets still fly and the cannons still roar,
      Mother, pray for the last battle, in that final war.

      ©. Copyright: Bernard de Silva…
      4 October 2007.

      "IGNORE CORRECTNESS...TELL IT HOW IT IS".