Re: God Protected Me

  • latrinaljohnson
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 31, 2007
      Hi, Gwen

      Thank you for your kind words. It was delightful to read your
      response. I respond to life much differently now. At least I try. I
      love faster and deeper. I am more passionate and have more
      compassion. I don't live by the rules of comfort. I take the risk of
      being rejected or dejected at the chance of living life fully. I do
      live each day as if it is my last. I choose to use kind words to
      inspire and uplift. I'm truly grateful to be alive.

      huge grin
      Latrina

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "queen_of_cryptic_cyphers"
      <poetry4u@...> wrote:

      > Dearest Latrina,
      >
      > Grace is wonderful. Thanks for sharing this story about that
      horrible
      > ordeal. It is good you could come out stronger inspite of this.
      Your
      > faith is amazing, and thank you for reminding us the time we have
      > should be valued.
      >
      > Hugs,
      > Gwen
      >
      > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "latrinaljohnson"
      > <latrinaljohnson@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, Everybody!
      > >
      > > One year ago today, I was robbed single handed at gunpoint. This
      > > occurrence contributed to a very pivotal pinnacle in my life. It
      > was
      > > a normal day, just like today. I got up, stretched my arms
      towards
      > > heaven to give God a good morning hug, showered, got dressed and
      > went
      > > to work. I had no idea, just minutes later that my very life
      would
      > be
      > > in jeopardy.
      > >
      > > As I faced the nine-millimeter gun, I had no fear. That's the
      good
      > > thing about being a child of God, He has not given us the spirit
      of
      > > fear. And to die as a Christian is a gain. At one point I thought
      > the
      > > gunman was going to shoot me. When he instructed me to go into a
      > > secluded room, I surely thought a bullet was going to pierce my
      > > heart. BUT GOD! I remained calmed and did everything the gunman
      > > instructed me to do.
      > >
      > > While laying on the floor, faced down and a nine-millimeter gun
      > being
      > > pointed at the back of my head, I remember hearing the words my
      > > mother spoke to me earlier that morning, "Baby, sometimes you
      have
      > > forgive and just let things go" Someone very close and dear to me
      > had
      > > hurt me and I had a hard time getting passed it. Then visions of
      my
      > > two nephews and siblings and father flashed before me. I thought
      > > would never see them again. The things that seemed like a problem
      > > before became null and void seeing now that my life was at
      stake.

      > > By the grace of God, I am here! Now, I live each day as if it is
      my
      > > last, because it just might be. So, if I love someone, I will
      tell
      > > them. If I have a song to sing, I sing it. I throw caution to the
      > > wind and live a life of gratitude. I will not take my precious
      > > moments for granted. When my friends or foes come to harm me in
      > words
      > > or deeds, as my mother said, I forgive them; I just let it go.
      Life