my very first interview

  • Diva
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2007
      Thursday evening I was interviewed for the 50th episode of the Sooner Thought podcast.  (You will discover my alter-ego, the WordFaery)

      Here's the link:  http://soonerthought.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=230779

      Marge

    • David Roth
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
        Hi Marge,

        Wonderful interview, and nice to put two voices to your work.  I have noticed that many writers have two speaking voices - their normal one they use to talk about their work, and a completely different one when they read their work.  Your normal voice is bubbly and buoyant.  Your reading voice is different.

        Still, a delightful interview.  Thanks for sharing.

        Dave

        Diva wrote:
        Thursday evening I was interviewed for the 50th episode of the Sooner Thought podcast.  (You will discover my alter-ego, the WordFaery)

        Here's the link:  http://soonerthought.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=230779

        Marge
      • queen_of_cryptic_cyphers
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2, 2007
          Marge Dear,

          I loved the ipod and it was so nice to hear your voice. The selected
          readings were fantastic and a great range of your work.

          Kudos.

          Gwen

          --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Diva <the_only_data_diva@...>
          wrote:

          > Thursday evening I was interviewed for the 50th episode of the
          Sooner Thought podcast. (You will discover my alter-ego, the
          WordFaery)

          > Here's the link: http://soonerthought.libsyn.com/index.php?
          post_id=230779

          > Marge
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          user panel and lay it on us.

        • Diva
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2007
            Dave,

            Good to know I'm not the only one who "plays the instrument."

            "Thanks for listening," she said, bubbly and buoyant.  (heh, heh)  :o)

            Marge

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2007
              I have found it interesting over the years to go to live readings, or to listen to poets and authors on the radio, be full of enthusiasm when talking about their work, suddenly adopt this disinterested, almost bored, monotone voice when they start to read.  Thankfully, while you became suddenly very serious when reading, at least you didn't do the bored, monotone, disinterested voice.

              Great interview, by the way.

              Dave

              Now Available: Sometimes I Hear Voices
              ISBN: 978-1-4116-8690-8

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 3, 2007
                Thanks Gwen. I'm glad you enjoyed it.  It was fun to do.

                Marge

                wrote:

                > Thursday evening I was interviewed for the 50th episode of the
                Sooner Thought podcast. (You will discover my alter-ego, the
                WordFaery)

                > Here's the link: http://soonerthough t.libsyn. com/index. php?
                post_id=230779

                > Marge
                >

                > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                user panel and lay it on us.

                The fish are biting.

              • Diva

                  Good to know I'm not the only one who "plays the instrument."

                  "Thanks for listening," she said, bubbly and buoyant.  (heh, heh)  :o)

                  Marge

                  Building a website is a piece of cake.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 3, 2007
                    Dear Marge
                    I was once asked for advice on public speaking and I offered this
                    opinion:

                    On Public speaking

                    Public speaking is the top phobia with most people and yet with a
                    little practice it can become most enjoyable to hold a group of
                    people in the palm of your hand.
                    Unless you are in a hostile environment, your audience wants you to
                    succeed.
                    Try to remain calm even when your mouth is dry, your palms are
                    sweating and your knees shaking. Speak slowly and enunciate clearly.
                    Concentrate on speaking to the back of the room to ensure your voice
                    carries. Vary the tone of your voice to prevent a monotone which will
                    have the listeners yawning with disinterest.
                    Public speakers are actors and should rehearse well before mounting
                    the rostrum. There is no disgrace in using an `idiot board' sheet of
                    paper in front of you with the salient points of your proposed
                    presentation in large type. Smile if the speech warrants it and
                    adjust your delivery to the solemnity or humour of the occasion. But
                    above all enjoy the time at your disposal for you are the star of the
                    moment so twinkle and let your light brighten the room and you may
                    receive a standing ovation.

                    Ps. Marge,I'm sure you are not in need of my advice for yours is the
                    voice of experience.