Big Bang - crits invited ...

  • Manfred
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
      Big Bang
      (c) Manfred Vijars - May 2007

      Sometimes one gets excited at a 'meeting of the minds' -
      exhilaration's fires stoked by possibility.
      The sharing and the openness of conversation blinds
      the cautious self; forgetting Shangri-la's fragility.

      The pursuit of Nirvana in relationships is fraught
      with bitter disenchantment through attraction's cecity.
      Those fragile flames of friendship, flicker - fade then fall to naught
      when possibility has ceased in sad finality.

      Oh, foolish, foolish heart you are enamoured by the prize -
      desired prize; but not for you in your senility.
      It's only there for youth to share, and youth to realise.
      So reaching from your quicksand is a vain futility.
      ---
    • David Roth
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
        Uncle Manny,

        I just love this line:

        "with bitter disenchantment through attraction's cecity."

        Wonderful word useage.

        Dave

        Now Available: Sometimes I Hear Voices
        ISBN: 978-1-4116-8690-8

        Sometimes one gets excited at a 'meeting of the minds' -
        exhilaration's fires stoked by possibility.
        The sharing and the openness of conversation blinds
        the cautious self; forgetting Shangri-la's fragility.

        The pursuit of Nirvana in relationships is fraught
        with bitter disenchantment through attraction's cecity.
        Those fragile flames of friendship, flicker - fade then fall to naught
        when possibility has ceased in sad finality.

        Oh, foolish, foolish heart you are enamoured by the prize -
        desired prize; but not for you in your senility.
        It's only there for youth to share, and youth to realise.
        So reaching from your quicksand is a vain futility.
        ---

        Learn more about ticket2wite at http://ticket2write.org
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:ticket2write-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:ticket2write-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
          Hi Manfred
          Like your reference to Shangri La's fragility.
          Old people who had attained their Nirvana but pined for the old life-.

          Re. "It's only there for youth to share"
          I know and have known many elderly people who,when harking back to
          the 'good old days, have finally opted to be content with their lot
          and sat back to enjoy what life has left to offer.

          I hope that when I become old, I will have the courage to accept any
          infirmities of the mind and body and laugh at whatever fate has in
          store,grabbing any rope or branch offered to release me from the
          quicksand.

          Nicely put Manfred

          As Always

          Wings
          -- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Manfred" <r_u_sirius2@...> wrote:

          > Big Bang
          > (c) Manfred Vijars - May 2007
          >
          > Sometimes one gets excited at a 'meeting of the minds' -
          > exhilaration's fires stoked by possibility.
          > The sharing and the openness of conversation blinds
          > the cautious self; forgetting Shangri-la's fragility.
          >
          > The pursuit of Nirvana in relationships is fraught
          > with bitter disenchantment through attraction's cecity.
          > Those fragile flames of friendship, flicker - fade then fall to
          naught
          > when possibility has ceased in sad finality.
          >
          > Oh, foolish, foolish heart you are enamoured by the prize -
          > desired prize; but not for you in your senility.
          > It's only there for youth to share, and youth to realise.
          > So reaching from your quicksand is a vain futility.
          > ---

        • rede2rollbaby
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
            G'day Manfred,
            you've pretty well wrapped and tied a sombre
            package...but what the hell, even in youth, we found a lot ot
            the 'joy' resided in the anticipation anyway...Or were we too
            consumed by the then current bang to even notice?
            Looks like you've put a lot of thought and reality
            into this reflection...good therapy, good reading and good poetry...

            Keep on keepin' on,
            Bernie.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
              Thanks Dave, good to see that you're still 'blunting pencils' - catch
              online again soon?

              Cheers,

              Manfred.

              --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, David Roth <davidjroth2002@...>

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
                Thanks for your kind comments Wings. My Muse has been very kind to me
                lately.

                An 'old-timer' told me years ago, when I was in my teens, that there
                are only THREE instructions for life;

                1.) Breath in, breath out
                2.) Continue (the above) until dead.
                3.) Enjoy yourself while you're still old!

                Cheers Mate,

                Manfred.

                --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "wings081" <wings081@...> wrote:

                > Hi Manfred
                > Like your reference to Shangri La's fragility.
                > Old people who had attained their Nirvana but pined for the old life-.
                >
                > Re. "It's only there for youth to share"
                > I know and have known many elderly people who,when harking back to
                > the 'good old days, have finally opted to be content with their lot
                > and sat back to enjoy what life has left to offer.
                >
                > I hope that when I become old, I will have the courage to accept any
                > infirmities of the mind and body and laugh at whatever fate has in
                > store,grabbing any rope or branch offered to release me from the
                > quicksand.
                >
                > Nicely put Manfred
                >
                > As Always
                >

                > Wings
                > -- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Manfred" <r_u_sirius2@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Big Bang
                > > (c) Manfred Vijars - May 2007
                > >
                > > Sometimes one gets excited at a 'meeting of the minds' -
                > > exhilaration's fires stoked by possibility.
                > > The sharing and the openness of conversation blinds
                > > the cautious self; forgetting Shangri-la's fragility.
                > >
                > > The pursuit of Nirvana in relationships is fraught
                > > with bitter disenchantment through attraction's cecity.
                > > Those fragile flames of friendship, flicker - fade then fall to
                > naught
                > > when possibility has ceased in sad finality.
                > >
                > > Oh, foolish, foolish heart you are enamoured by the prize -
                > > desired prize; but not for you in your senility.
                > > It's only there for youth to share, and youth to realise.
                > > So reaching from your quicksand is a vain futility.
                > > ---

              • Manfred
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
                  --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "rede2rollbaby"
                  Onya Bernie, spot on, it was all about the 'anticipation', no real
                  'fulfilment' back then either. :o(

                  Hope things are hanging well together for you Mate, We'll need to
                  organise a 'spiritual' get-together (terrestrially speaking) sometime.

                  Cheers,

                  Manfred.