Re: Fw: Weekly cleaning/Friends

  • queen_of_cryptic_cyphers
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2007
      Dear Susan,

      I think this poem was written for many of the members here at T2W.
      LOL [At least it speaks for me.]

      Now where was that bill?

      Gwen

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Susan Donahue <suzianne411@...>
      wrote:

      > This just tickled me...
      >

      > Make sure you read the poem below the bulletin board...
      >

      > Cleaning Poem
      >
      > I asked the Lord to tell me
      > Why my house is such a mess.
      > He asked if I'd been 'computering',
      > And I had to answer "yes."
      >
      > He told me to get off my fanny
      > And tidy up the house.
      > And so I started cleaning up...
      > The smudges off my mouse.
      >
      > I wiped and shined the topside.
      > That really did the trick...
      > I was just admiring my work...
      > I didn't mean to 'click.'
      >
      > But click, I did, and oops I found
      > A real absorbing site
      > That I got SO way into...
      > I was into it all night.<<Sigh>>
      >
      > Nothing's changed except my mouse
      > It's very, very shiny.
      > I guess my house will stay a mess...
      > While I sit here on my hiney.

    • Valerie Kuczek
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2007
        Ha Ha, tickled me too and fits me to a "T". ( shaking out crumbs).
        Valerie

[...]

        Valerie J Kuczek
        Author of
        "Golden Memories"
        http://www.freewebs.com/valeriejkuczek
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2007
          Dear Suzi

          As I sit here at my keyboard, I have the tower to my left and printer
          to my right,a mouse pad-cum-calculator on my immediate right a
          telephone flashing on my immediate left.Under,around,and scattered
          about are papers of every description.Household
          bills,notebooks,stapler,hole punch,boxes of printing paper.Wireless
          gubbins transmitting to two other computers stuck atop the tower.Half
          a dozen ball point pens, some of which write(except the first one I
          pick up).
          Shelves to my left crammed full of books of every description,from
          Mrs Beeton's cookery to the Complete works of William Shakespeare.
          On the opposite wall are bankers boxes stacking all the shelves
          containing details of such diversity as airships,solicitors letters
          and all the usual paraphenalia that goes with a property.
          Another built in table has a computer which was probably used by the
          stoneage inhabitants. No longer in use but the floppies that go with
          it hold vital information which I cannot transfer to modern
          equipmaent.
          Now shall I start on the floor? No I think you probably get the idea.
          It may seem an untidy mess but ask me where anything is and I will
          tell you within a few hours.
          I'm in what I call a happy muddle and your poem is me to a tee.

          As ever

          Wings.

          Ps I also happen to be secretary to two limited companies, but I
          write up their books on the dining table when everyone is abed.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 4, 2007
            Dear Wings...What a vivid picture you draw. I can just picture you
            there, like the Great Wizard of Oz, keeping your world spinning at
            the controls of all that lovely technology. Isn't this a wonderful
            time to be alive?

            Suzianne

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 4, 2007
              Dear Valerie,

              I think it applies to most of us here at t2w. When I was teaching
              genre writing, many of my adult students faced the challenge of
              balancing their writing with housework and parenting. My advice was
              to leave the vacuuming to the children. It frees the writer from the
              domestic chores and occupies the child.

              I took a glance at your profile and liked the GBS quote, so I put it
              on the ticket2write page as the quote of the day. Thanks for the
              inspiration.

              Suzianne

              --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Valerie Kuczek <valerie1943@...>

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 4, 2007
                Dear Susan,

                I like that quote very much, I think it says it all. The trouble here is that I am alone and have no one to even dust for me. I have a poetry group at a local nursing home here in Cleveland that keeps me busy most of the time. They are truly wonderful and I just finished making their group membership badges and personelizing a journel for each of them. They all wrote poems for Valentines Day, so I fixed them up and printed them out on pretty paper and inserted a rose on each one. I took them back yesterday and they loved them. Maybe I should give T2W a glimps of their writings, but I'll have to get their permission first. I am also saving all of their work to put into a book for each of them. This is what takes up my time and I love it.

                Valerie

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 4, 2007
                  Dear Suzi

                  Hardly the Wizard of Oz, although Nobody has ever accused me of, like
                  the tin man, lacking heart or as the lion ,lacking courage.

                  I have witnessed a Kansas twister however yet never taken refuge in
                  a storm cellar at the back of a house
                  But I will always follow your lead along the yellow brick road, over
                  the rainbow to the Emerald city.

                  It is indeed "A wonderful time to be alive" in spite of everything
                  man can devise to dampen our spirits.
                  Your posts here,banish clouds and bring a little sunshine into our
                  lives.

                  As ever

                  Wings