Re: DEDUCTION ABOUT JUMP ROPE - A Poem (Gwen)

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
      Dear Gwen,
      Just delightful little piece of Americana. All about teamwork and
      other "heads of state" should take notice of how they swing their
      ropes. Do you really need the last line? For me, it's a knock over the
      head and not necessary...just my humble opinion.
      Otherwise, great word work...especially the way giggles and scribbles
      play off each other--nicely done.
      Carol

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "queen_of_cryptic_cyphers"
      <poetry4u@...> wrote:

      > DEDUCTION ABOUT JUMP ROPE
      >
      > Double dutch gives a girl giggles
      > and grasshopper knees
      > scribbles red peddalpusher images
      > into calligraphic letters on the wind
      > takes the efforts of three different heads of state
      > and makes them run their business as if there were one
      >
      > Young girls playing jump rope should rule the world
      >
      > © Gwen Ames, 2007

    • queen_of_cryptic_cyphers
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
        Dear Wings Sir,

        I'll have you know that in my past life, I was once Roy Rogers. Huh,
        Dale had nothing on me! I wore a holster, boots, and cowboy hat to
        boot. Yep I was something. Long after I found out I was a girl
        (another story) I became Annie Oakley for a while. Never could hold a
        good cowgirl down. A few years ago I went to a dairy farm. The owners
        were friends of my boss at the time. Well they gave me a morning of
        milking lessons. No big machinery for this girl. No siree! I grabbed
        hold of the udders and pulled. They had a newborn bull less than 24
        hours old. Boy was he gorgeous. His eyes were huge and I loved the
        long lashes. I was going to go back and bottle feed him but never
        did. The moral of the story is that I wore knee high rubber waders,
        was ankle deep in cow dung, and had one of the happiest times of my
        life. What you going to do with a girl like me?

        Hugs,
        Gwen

        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "wings081" <wings081@...> wrote:

        > Dear Gwen
        >
        > "Jump Rope"?
        >
        > Now, I know I have a mind which may appear whimsical
        > to persons unused to my interpretations of their posts, But when I
        > read 'Jump Rope' I pictured a girl cattle rustler evading the
        > hangman's noose in the nick of time.Gene Autry singing a cowboy
        > ballad and sweeping her up on his horse for a fast getaway across
        the
        > prairie.
        > Then I thoughtNo,that's not Gwen. She must mean the American
        equalent
        > of SKIPPING. Many's the time I've been railroaded into holding one
        > end of the rope while my elder sister jumped in time to the swing.
        >
        > Great imagery Gwen

        > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "queen_of_cryptic_cyphers"
        > <poetry4u@> wrote:
        > >
        > > DEDUCTION ABOUT JUMP ROPE
        > >
        > > Double dutch gives a girl giggles
        > > and grasshopper knees
        > > scribbles red peddalpusher images
        > > into calligraphic letters on the wind
        > > takes the efforts of three different heads of state
        > > and makes them run their business as if there were one
        > >
        > > Young girls playing jump rope should rule the world
        > >
        > > © Gwen Ames, 2007

      • queen_of_cryptic_cyphers
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
          Carol,

          Thanks for the coms. I'll think on it. Although I do think the last
          line rises the images to another level.

          Cheers,
          Gwen

          --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <carol_emt87@...> wrote:

          > Dear Gwen,
          > Just delightful little piece of Americana. All about teamwork and
          > other "heads of state" should take notice of how they swing their
          > ropes. Do you really need the last line? For me, it's a knock over
          the
          > head and not necessary...just my humble opinion.
          > Otherwise, great word work...especially the way giggles and
          scribbles
          > play off each other--nicely done.
          > Carol
          >
          > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "queen_of_cryptic_cyphers"
          > <poetry4u@> wrote:
          > >
          > > DEDUCTION ABOUT JUMP ROPE
          > >
          > > Double dutch gives a girl giggles
          > > and grasshopper knees
          > > scribbles red peddalpusher images
          > > into calligraphic letters on the wind
          > > takes the efforts of three different heads of state
          > > and makes them run their business as if there were one
          > >
          > > Young girls playing jump rope should rule the world
          > >
          > > © Gwen Ames, 2007

        • queen_of_cryptic_cyphers
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 31, 2007
            Dave,

            Thank you so much. I am glad you enjoyed it. I think it has a
            feminist POV also. I wonder if that was intended?

            Cheers,
            Gwen

            --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, David Roth <davidjroth2002@...>

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
              Dear Roy,Annie,Gwen
              Milking the old fashioned way.
              I had a go at it once. Nice shiny bucket,three legged stool,head
              tucked tight into her flank and gently squeezing and pulling the
              teats.
              Milk flowing steady and rattling against the bucket.All going to plan
              until a horsefly took a bite on the old girl's back.
              Tail swishing round my face,leg lashing out ,kicking over the bucket,
              the stool and me left rolling on my back in cow pancake.
              That was my first and my last effort at the animal lactation process.

              Re. your young bull.I had an occasion to meet a full grown bull once,
              At my last address,I had ten acres of meadow and decided it would be
              a good idea to buy some young heifers to chew down the grass.I had
              already bought my daughter a pair of ponies, butI was warned they may
              contract laminitis from over-feeding on grass.
              So now I had five bovine beauties.Virgins to boot and I thought it
              might be a good idea to find them a boyfriend because I'm not very
              keen on this artificial insemination idea.I wouldn't like it foisted
              on me so why should I spoil an animal's enjoyment.
              An acquaintance of mine had a massive great bull which he agreed to
              let run with my girls for a spell.
              The cattle truck backed down to my field gate,the tailboard was
              lowered and Ferdinand trotted out. His great big eyes rolled as he
              looked my way,snorted,pawed the ground and turned in my direction.
              I'm never known for refusing a challenge but half a ton of beef
              with felonious intent on my person,persuaded me that discretion was
              indeed the better part of valour.
              I quickly pulled open the gate and standing behind it,pointed to
              those pretty little virgins. I'm sure he got my meaning for he was off
              like a hurdler at the starters gun.

              The Menage a trois (or should that be Menage a cinq ) went very well
              and there was no hint of jealousy among the wives and mistresses.

              Ferdinand proved he was up to the challenge and I sold the girls off
              to a local farmer when they were well in calf.Giving me a handsome
              profit,the farmer three beautiful calves and Ferdinand his moments
              of pleasure. So all done and said everyone was happy.

              You ask: "what am I going to do with a girl like you"
              Well at the time of writing I now only have one acre but if you feel
              up to the challenge,I'll check Ferdinand's diary.