Re: November 29 (31489 Jesse)

    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 30, 2006
      Hi Jesse
      Good to hear from you. You've been missed on this site. Unless I have
      overlooked your posts, in which case I apologise

      There will be an answer to all those problems which plague our
      present times but sadly not in our lifetime.
      Short term our progeny will cope for a while, maybe a few hundred
      years but eventually the bill will have to be paid and world
      population will fall from the present 6½ billion people down to less
      than half a billion.

      As a dreamer with foresight, I have been privileged to witness life
      some three thousand years ahead of our time.
      I am not a fortune teller: don't read the tea leaves: shun the Tarot
      cards; the gypsy's crystal ball and lucky heather but I am forced to
      accept information on future events to which I am fortunate enough to
      be privy.

      I would like to share my experiences with others here but I am
      apprehensive of the reception I might receive from members suggesting
      my words are only science fiction predictions emulating the works of
      Jules Verne or H.G. Wells.

      And so I will document my excursions into futurity and maybe publish
      a limited edition which, when read in years to come, will make
      manifest to my own descendants, the twenty first century had at least
      one member of homo sapiens with the capability of realising and
      accepting the inevitability of change for a better life.

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, jesse45039 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
      the
      > technology to sequester the carbon dioxide generated by man, but
      > what do you do with it afterwards? If you could produce hydrogen at
      > a cost that was affordable, you could solve the problem. But how do
      > you do that in quantities that make a difference? Solar, wind, etc.
      > fall short of what is necessary. Nuclear fission comes to mind, but
      > that comes with its own problems (I don't want it in my back yard,
      > what do we do with the wastes, and what if terrorists get their
      > hands on it.) Nuclear fusion has not been proven except in
      > uncontrolled cirsumstances (as in bombs).
      >
      > Want to help? Turn off the lights, turn off your heat and air
      > conditioning, turn off your computer/TV/video games, stop driving
      > your car, grow your own food (with manual labor, no combustion
      > engines to help), plant a few thousand trees per person, figure out
      > how to make volcanoes stop erupting, and stop forest fires from
      > happening. Problem solved for your grandchildrens' grandchildren.
      >
      > Really, there are no easy solutions.
      >
      > Jesse
      >

      > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "wings081" <wings081@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear Carol
      > > "Stunted grass once again turns green"
      > >
      > > Down here in Cornwall we are feeling the effects of global
      > > warming,which has now been amended to global heating.
      > > Ouside my entrance door are hanging baskets which display a
      > glorious
      > > spectrum of reds and whites throughout summer, but come autumn
      > they
      > > hibernate for winter leaving only bare stalks where once shone
      > > beautiful blooms.
      > > Something has gone drastically wrong because those fuscias
      framing
      > my
      > > portal are once again in full blossom and a small bed with
      > carnations
      > > that are usually asleep at this time are in full bloom also.
      > >
      > > What are our great great grandchildren going to think of us when
      > > their water is rationed to four litres per day each.
      > > Can nobody stand and say it is time for action?
      > >
      > > It's becoming a case of; "I'm on board jack, pull up the
      gangplank"

      > > Our seasons will soon be changed from four to two:Winring and
      > Sumtumn.

      > > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <carol_emt87@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Just because.......
      > > >
      > > > November 29
      > > >
      > > > In these sharp hours,
      > > > deep in November
      > > > I remember orange
      > > > Marigolds, crimson maples,
      > > > golden planks of sunshine
      > > > washed from
      > > > indifferent windows
      > > > by thick shafts of grey,
      > > > drifting through gutters
      > > > with brown, crackling leaves.
      > > >
      > > > Yesterday morning,
      > > > I awoke to thunder and rain.
      > > > Today, as the gauze of December
      > > > rides a frozen gelding across the valley,

    • jesse45039
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 30, 2006
        Hi Wings,

        I always check in on the site, but have become more of a lurker than
        a poster. I've been struggling with life which includes problems at
        work, a son who is a sociopath and druggie, grandchildren who are
        now living with me, and a lot of other stuff. I'm not whining, but
        I'm complaining like hell. I'm too old for all of that.

        In bits and pieces I've managed to rewrite my second book and finish
        a third. Both have recently been published by Bangkok Book House and
        will be in general distribution in Thailand and Singapore by
        December. Once in a while I try to find and agent/publisher in the
        US but I haven't been very consistent with my efforts. I've only
        been consistent with rejections. Agents seem to think that all Thai
        women are prostitutes which drives me nuts. Can you imagine a
        country with a population of 70 million people and all the women are
        whores. Well, I guess that could be fun for a man, but it is not
        realistic.

        I would love to read some of your insights into the future. Like
        you, I don't think it will be pretty. A reduction in population on
        the magnitude that you suggest would change life as we know it. It
        might sound like science fiction but, like you, I think it will
        eventually become a fact. I'm just happy I'm old enough that I
        won't live to see it.

        Best Always,

      • albiaicehouse
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 30, 2006
          Hey, is that you Nostra-wing-mus?

          albi

> [...]
          > > glorious
          > > > spectrum of reds and whites throughout summer, but come autumn
          > > they
          > > > hibernate for winter leaving only bare stalks where once shone
          > > > beautiful blooms.
          > > > Something has gone drastically wrong because those fuscias
          > framing
          > > my
          > > > portal are once again in full blossom and a small bed with
          > > carnations
          > > > that are usually asleep at this time are in full bloom also.
          > > >
          > > > What are our great great grandchildren going to think of us when
          > > > their water is rationed to four litres per day each.
          > > > Can nobody stand and say it is time for action?
          > > >
          > > > It's becoming a case of; "I'm on board jack, pull up the
          > gangplank"
          > > >
          > > > Our seasons will soon be changed from four to two:Winring and

        • David Roth
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 1, 2006
            Carol,

            Magnificent imagery - 'the gauze of December rides a frozen gelding
            across the valley' - pure delight to read lines like this.

            Dave

            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 2, 2006
              Hi Albi
              Re: Nostra-wing-mus.

              Indeed not.I am no vaticinator.Rather I obtain my prophecy
              powers mostly at night whilst dormant.The visions are so clear I have
              great difficulty ignoring them.

              Most of us are too concerned with the present to explore the
              future,yet if we only made the effort to study the past it would
              become obvious where the road ahead was leading.
              Examine the history of the twentieth century and the great strides
              made in medicine,transportation and communications,to name but a few
              great strides forward.

              You may be inclined to ridicule me and justly so, if I were to tell
              you that two thousand years hence there would be nobody beyond the
              age of thirty five. Work would be a priviledge of the few, as msot
              menial tasks would be undertaken by robots.Not the jerky metal
              contraptions of today, but machines covered with simulated flesh and
              skin, programmed to carry out every whim of their masters.War will be
              unthinkable and unnecessary because there will be nothing worth the
              effort of fighting. By then we would have passed through many types
              of travel systems.Fossil fuels will be old hat, replaced first by
              harnessing the earth's magnetic field and finally by thouight
              transference.Not to be confused with the 'beam me up Scotty'
              transposition gadgetry which was discarded around the end of the
              third milleneum. However that is another story and one which I must
              refrain from discusssing here for fear of losing credibility.

              I have no proof of my pre-knowledge of the future but I accept what
              is presented with good faith for I am no denier of progress.

              --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, albiaicehouse <no_reply@...>
              wrote:

> [...]
              etc.
              > > > fall short of what is necessary. Nuclear fission comes to mind,
              but
              > > > that comes with its own problems (I don't want it in my back
              yard,
              > > > what do we do with the wastes, and what if terrorists get their
              > > > hands on it.) Nuclear fusion has not been proven except in
              > > > uncontrolled cirsumstances (as in bombs).
              > > >
              > > > Want to help? Turn off the lights, turn off your heat and air
              > > > conditioning, turn off your computer/TV/video games, stop
              driving
              > > > your car, grow your own food (with manual labor, no combustion
              > > > engines to help), plant a few thousand trees per person, figure
              out
              > > > how to make volcanoes stop erupting, and stop forest fires from
              > > > happening. Problem solved for your grandchildrens'

            • jesse45039
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 2, 2006
                Wings,

                Have you done any research on Zero Point Energy or the effects of
                stationary permanent magnets and superconductors? I'm not smart
                enough to figure it out, but if you haven't alreay looked you might
                find it interesting.

                Jesse

> [...]
                > enough to
                > > > be privy.
                > > >
                > > > I would like to share my experiences with others here but I am
                > > > apprehensive of the reception I might receive from members
                > suggesting
                > > > my words are only science fiction predictions emulating the
                works
                > of
                > > > Jules Verne or H.G. Wells.
                > > >
                > > > And so I will document my excursions into futurity and maybe
                > publish
                > > > a limited edition which, when read in years to come, will make
                > > > manifest to my own descendants, the twenty first century had
                at
                > least
                > > > one member of homo sapiens with the capability of realising
                and
                > > > accepting the inevitability of change for a better life.

              • Carol
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 2, 2006
                  Hi Nigel,
                  Your thoughtfulness and critical ear always amaze me. I sat at my
                  window and simply looked out. The grey sky and stiff wind contrasted
                  sharp to the bright green grass at the neighbor's house, as if nature
                  herself was thumbing her nose at old man winter. I like to use
                  familiar objects in my poetry and sometimes I find a word I like a
                  little too much, therefore, I may tend to use "planks" in other poems.
                  You're correct insomuch that I was using unnatural yet familiar
                  elements in this piece—ie. planks, gauze, gelding and so on. But it
                  was intended to be light. Sometimes, no matter what we humans inflict
                  on this precious blue jewel we ride, nature finds its way in spite of
                  us. At least, the most adaptable of elements, and that is where I was
                  heading. I think in the analysis we find new ideas, new directions,
                  and perhaps, solutions as well. Ask the tough questions, but trust the
                  universe--a delicate balance, to be sure.
                  This question has been asked in writer's circles and of other poets.
                  I'd like to know your opinion. Do we, as not only writers, but guests
                  of this realm, need to use our tools to enlighten and perhaps share
                  the responsibility for the health of our planet for our children's
                  children's children? I see the forest as more than just a bunch of
                  trees. Also, it has been asked before, how much can one person do? One
                  person, especially someone with writing skills and perhaps a knack for
                  motivation, can indeed change the world. I tend to think in global
                  terms these days. Can we mend fences and truly be a caring world
                  within each other's borders? Is it possible make that turn to
                  preserve, instead of destroy?
                  Nigel, maybe you're right about my muse. I haven't given up hope. But
                  when I feel baby birds dying because a farmer burned off his fallow
                  acres after pheasants nested, I cannot help thinking that demons live
                  in overalls and drive tractors.

                  Carol

                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 3, 2006
                    Hi Jesse.
                    Now you're getting into the field of quantum physics or should I say
                    quantum mechanics, associated with the ground state of the quantum
                    harmonics oscillator where Energy E = hw divided by two.

                    Afraid that is out of my league although to my younger brother in
                    Melbourne and his eldest son this could be an everyday converstional
                    piece.

                    Unfortunately WW2 curtailed my education at a point where I was
                    beginning to take interest in the happenings around me and the causes
                    of such happenings.
                    However I did learn a great many valuable lessons about my fellow man
                    and his enemies.

                    And so I must either go back to school or accept the knowledge
                    imparted to me during my excursions into another time and place
                    in the future. A Shangrilah where peace and tranquillity reign
                    supreme.

                    Thank you for your interest

                  • albiaicehouse
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 3, 2006
                      Sir Wings,

                      Through my own lense, much makes sense. But why live only to 35? I
                      forsee people living to 150 but spending the first 140 years of that
                      only aging to a body of a 35 year old. Am I wrong?

                      As too your difficulty in mixed company including non-seers, the name
                      for that is the Cassandra Syndrome. If the non-seers could just get
                      over their in-built psychological tendancy to ignore what they
                      consider bad news or too different from what they know, right?

                      albi

                    • albiaicehouse
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 3, 2006
                        Carol and Nigel,

                        I thought planks of sunlight made perfect sense for the shafts of
                        sunlight that emerge from a leafless forest. They would tend to be
                        longer vertically than horizontally as they would be formed more by
                        the up and down trunks of the trees and less so divided across by the
                        branches.

                        I know for a fact I've seen planks of sunlight when passing through a
                        stand of trees into an open area when the stand is of a certain number
                        of trees and the angle of the sun is correct. A little smoke from a
                        wood fire, such as from campers, and the whole clearing is filled with
                        blue grey planks of drifting fibers.

                        albi

                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 3, 2006

                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 3, 2006
                            Hi Alba

                            You ask why only live to 35.
                            Now I'm in a quandary as to whether or not my reply should be posted
                            to you off site But `in for a penny, in for a pound' so here goes:
                            Before the end of the next century human life span is obviously going
                            to far exceed one hundred. That is an established fact which nobody
                            in their right mind will dispute.
                            Now let me take you forward a couple of thousand years.
                            Please bear in mind that with the inevitability of nuclear war and
                            it's consequent reduction in population, plus the usual plagues which
                            tend to follow such catastrophes, the world population will be little
                            more than half of a billion.

                            There will be no wild life of any description. We will be living in
                            caves excavated in the sides of high ground or mountains to escape
                            the rising sea levels and intense solar radiation
                            Everybody will be on a vegetarian diet with the only meat being fish
                            which have survived the holocaust.
                            Any children born will be raised, not by their parents but by highly
                            advanced androids.
                            It will be one continual playtime for the children until the age of
                            puberty or shortly after. By that time people who have attained the
                            age of thirty five will be given the opportunity to take over the
                            body of a teenager of their choice after their own brain waves and
                            extensive knowledge has been transferred to the child..
                            The `old' person's body (less it's intelligence)will then be cremated
                            and they will assume their new identity for another thirty or so
                            years, when the process will be repeated ad infinitum.
                            The child will retain no knowledge of their previous playtimes.
                            Family planning will be strictly enforced to prevent the overcrowding
                            which brought the world to it's knees towards the end of the second
                            millennium.
                            There will be one language and the only religion will be an accepted
                            code of behaviour from which no one will feel the need or desire to
                            depart.
                            Skin colour will resemble the olive/brown of the semi tropical
                            regions.
                            There will be an equal proportion of males to females.
                            Crime will no longer exist for there will be no necessity for anyone
                            to want to keep up with the Jones's as everything will be there for
                            the asking.
                            Finance will be a relic of ages long past. Perhaps the only memory
                            of previous times will be man's love of music and art.
                            Games will still be played for fun but never for the glory of winning.

                            Albi, I could go on for a full book but your query was about the age
                            of thirty five and I trust I have explained that to your entire
                            satisfaction.

                            wrote:

> [...]
                            > > skin, programmed to carry out every whim of their masters.War
                            will be
                            > > unthinkable and unnecessary because there will be nothing worth
                            the
                            > > effort of fighting. By then we would have passed through many
                            types
                            > > of travel systems.Fossil fuels will be old hat, replaced first by
                            > > harnessing the earth's magnetic field and finally by thouight
                            > > transference.Not to be confused with the 'beam me up Scotty'
                            > > transposition gadgetry which was discarded around the end of the
                            > > third milleneum. However that is another story and one which I
                            must
                            > > refrain from discusssing here for fear of losing credibility.
                            > >
                            > > I have no proof of my pre-knowledge of the future but I accept
                            what
                            > > is presented with good faith for I am no denier of progress.

                          • jesse45039
                            Message 13 of 21 , Dec 3, 2006
                              Wings,

                              Have you written any chapters about your visions? The future sounds
                              like a twisted utopia. I'd read it if you wrote it.