Astrology Question.

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 16, 2006
      ASTROLOGY

      Do any of our members study astrology and if so could you research
      the significance of people born on April 20th.
      Mohammad was born on April 20th in the year 571AD.

      Adolf Hitler was born April 20th 1889.

      Now I don't want to get into a political or religious argument but if
      I copy some quotes from Hitler perhaps you might agree with my
      suggestion that a section of today's religious fanatics of a certain
      order exhibit a remarkable similarity of judgement of their fellows as
      did Adolf.

      Hitler faced his maker to atone for his sins in may 1945 and I believe
      the great Mohammad must be turning in his grave when he witnesses the
      actions of some of his supposedly devout followers.

      Quotes of Hitler.
      "I act according to the mind of the Great Creator, in taking up the
      struggle against the Jews. I am fighting for the work of the Lord"

      "The Nazi party must not be the servant of the mass, but its masters"

      "In the last analysis there are only three great statesmen in this
      world, Stalin, I, and Mussolini. Mussolini is the weakest for he has
      been unable to break the power of the Crown or the Church. Stalin and
      I are the only ones who envisage the future-nothing but the future.
      (Speech before invading Poland)

      "Germany is an island of peace" (1937)

      "Human rights are above the rights of the state" (Mein Kampf)

      "The Reich will last 1000 years" (1934)

      What I want to know from an astrologer is: Does a birth date have any
      significance with the actions of persons born on the same day of the year.

      On the plus side:
      My late wife was born on April 20th and you would be very hard pressed
      to find anyone more loving and caring towards other beings.(she had to
      be to put up with me)
      My daughter was also born on April 20th and at present she is devoting
      her life to people with learning difficulties and teaching them how to
      care for themselves.

      One last person has just come to mind: April 20th 1918, one of the
      world's greatest fighter aces was killed in action. Von Richtofen, The
      Red Baron of Germany. An enemy but a gentleman and honourable fighter
      pilot, the hero of many boys, whatever their nationality.

      Interesting theory if anyone would like to get out their star charts.

    • jesse45039
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 16, 2006
        Hi Wings,

        I am not an into astrology, but it is not important anyway. The
        situation confronting us is civlilized culture versus less civilized
        cultures. If I say Jesus is a dork, most people will not notice. If
        a say Mohammad if a dork, riots, burnings, and general unrest
        follows. What is with that? Civilized versus uncivilized? You tell
        me because I don't really understand it all either.

        The only thing I know for sure is that I find myself becoming more
        polarized than I have ever been in my life. I don't like it, but I
        can't stop it.

        Glad I am old.

        Jesse

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 20, 2006
          Dear Wings...I have been watching to see if there would be a
          response to your request for astrological information. I was pretty
          sure there are members of the group who can do charts. Years ago, I
          studied the process and could plot charts. I still have my books on
          the subject, but I don't know where to get an ephemeris for the year
          571 AD, so I have no way of knowing the position of stars and
          planets at that time, and I am sorry to say I really don't know
          where Mohammad was born. Possiply Medina, but I am not sure. I
          will pass your question on to some people I know who have more
          experience in this area. Maybe someone at the Theosophical Society
          Library will be able to come up with a chart that has alread been
          done. It would be fascinating to know how the known history of his
          life matchs up to the astrological charts. I also wonder what
          numeralogists could do with this?

          Suzianne

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 20, 2006
            Dear Suzi
            Thank you for that.I do know that Mohammed the prophet was born in the
            Arabian city of Mecca.
            I've never dabbled in astrology but I've seen some pretty accurate
            forecasts from Tarot cards and mediums.I also own a ouija board but
            only (very rarely)use it as a party piece.

            Did you know that in some hotels(chiefly out East)there are arrows on
            the bedroom ceiling pointing to Mecca to enable disorientated guests
            to face the correct way when praying.
            I'm full of useles information , aren't I?

            AS ever

            Wings
            --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Donahue" <suzianne411@...>
            wrote:

> [...]
            > > My late wife was born on April 20th and you would be very hard
            > pressed
            > > to find anyone more loving and caring towards other beings.(she
            > had to
            > > be to put up with me)
            > > My daughter was also born on April 20th and at present she is
            > devoting
            > > her life to people with learning difficulties and teaching them
            > how to
            > > care for themselves.
            > >
            > > One last person has just come to mind: April 20th 1918, one of the
            > > world's greatest fighter aces was killed in action. Von Richtofen,
            > The
            > > Red Baron of Germany. An enemy but a gentleman and honourable
            > fighter
            > > pilot, the hero of many boys, whatever their nationality.
            > >
            > > Interesting theory if anyone would like to get out their star

          • Johnny
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 21, 2006

              I am at the moment taking a course in numerology. I will check out the birth date of Mohammad.

              Johnny

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 21, 2006
                Dear Wings...Usless information? Never! Knowledge is power and you
                have a wealth of it. I would love the challenge of playing Trivial
                Pursuit with you.

                I will see what I can find out about an astrological chart for
                Mohammed. I have seen charts for our presidents, Washington and
                Lincoln, and they were accurate to an amazing degree. I have also
                been told that astrological charts are made for U.S. Naval vessals,
                and the times of launching those ships are adjusted to give them the
                best advantage. I was told this practice began after an astrologer
                had warned the government about the pending doom of a ship (a
                submarine, possibly) called the Thrasher. The warnings were
                unheeded and the vessal sunk under strange circumstances. I do not
                know the whole story, but it certainly gives sceptics like me reason
                to keep an open mind.

                Suzianne

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 21, 2006
                  Dear Suzi
                  I have researched The US sumarine Thresher and discovered it broke
                  apart during sea trials April 10th 1963 some 200 miles off Cape Cod
                  with the loss of 129 lives.
                  It was said to be able to dive deeper and go faster than any other
                  known sub.
                  I never had the opportunity to take a trip in a sub although I have
                  tracked them by Sonobuoy. These radio devices are so accurate that you
                  can hear movement aboard.
                  The idea, which I expect has been improved upon was to drop a pattern
                  of floating transmitters around the suspected position of the sub.Each
                  trasmitting on a different frequency which could be picked up in the
                  aircraft by an operator searching the different channels.The recieving
                  dial was coloured in sections reading Purple,Orange,Blue,Red and
                  yellow.(POBRY)plots could be drawn to estimate the course and speed of
                  the sub with great accuracy.

                  And yet another piece of out-of-date info for you.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 22, 2006
                    Dear Suzi
                    You want to pit your supreme intelligence against my infinitesimal
                    knowledge at Trivial Pursuit.
                    That's hardly fair. It would be like a poor unarmed gladiator standing
                    in the centre of the arena awaiting the entrance of a fierce tigress.
                    (Pass me a net somebody and I'll tangle her when she pounces.)

                    When I play trivial Pursuit I have two or three stock answers to every
                    question: Either Benjamin Britten,Cathewrine of Aragon,the Galapagos
                    Islands or Teddy Roosevelt. The law of averages dictates I will get
                    it right sometime and the rest of the party will look at me in
                    surprise and say: "Not fair, you know all the answers"

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 22, 2006
                      Dear Wings...Such flattery! You made me smile, but I am not even
                      slightly convinced. Your wisdom and intellect burn too brightly to
                      be disguised.

                      Suzianne