Re: Not a challenge poem

  • Johnny
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 1, 2006
      Jerry,
      I liked the imagery of this poem. I am unsure if the repeated
      stanzas at the end were deliberate or an accident. I really don't
      think they were needed.
      Johnny

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jerry5849@...> wrote:

      > Folks,
      > This is not a challenge poem, but rather something I have had
      > rolling around in my head for a while. I hope you all enjoy it.
      > (smile)
      > As always,
      > Jerry
      >

      > Summer Night
      >

      > We're running `cross the fields
      > Beneath the crescent moon and stars
      > The meadow's voice is soft because the night is ours
      >
      > We're dancing on the dew
      > No trace or track of play we leave
      > While laughing at the dark our magic dreams we weave
      >
      > We're singing songs of peace
      > Upon the breeze they float and fly
      > Moonbeams smiling on us down through the misty sky
      >
      > Fending off the coming dawn
      > And the end of night
      > The spell of love always brings its very own light
      >
      > We're holding onto love
      > Within its spell we're gladly caught
      > Surrender is the key just as the ancients taught
      >
      > Fending off the coming dawn
      > And the end of night
      > The spell of love always brings its very own light
      >
      > We're running `cross the fields
      > Beneath the crescent moon and stars
      > The meadow's voice is soft because the night is ours
      >
      > JK Saylor
      > 8-1-06

    • bty29586219
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 1, 2006
        Hi Jerry

        Tell me about this mountain property in the Everglades.
        I could be interested.If the crocodiles and alligators can live in
        harmony side by side there and nowhere else in the wide world, I'm
        sure I'll be able to co-exist while I study the mangrove swamps.
        I have a theory involving mangroves and sewage which could change the
        deserts into oases.

      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 1, 2006
          Hey Carol,
          The two stanzas you refer to were crafted as a relief from the other
          ones, as in a song you sometimes find refrains which give a
          counterpoint to the rest. This was my intent. Thank you for asking.
          As always,
          Jerry

          --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <carol_emt87@...> wrote:

          > Hi Jerry,
          > Nicely woven...just one minor detail...the repeat of the stanza
          which
          > begins with "Fending off the coming dawn" seems a little off
          balance
          > in the overall scheme of the poem. Or am I missing something?
          > Carol
          >
          > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jerry5849@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Folks,
          > > This is not a challenge poem, but rather something I have had
          > > rolling around in my head for a while. I hope you all enjoy
          it.
          > > (smile)
          > > As always,
          > > Jerry
          > >

          > > Summer Night
          > >

          > > We're running `cross the fields
          > > Beneath the crescent moon and stars
          > > The meadow's voice is soft because the night is ours
          > >
          > > We're dancing on the dew
          > > No trace or track of play we leave
          > > While laughing at the dark our magic dreams we weave
          > >
          > > We're singing songs of peace
          > > Upon the breeze they float and fly
          > > Moonbeams smiling on us down through the misty sky
          > >
          > > Fending off the coming dawn
          > > And the end of night
          > > The spell of love always brings its very own light
          > >
          > > We're holding onto love
          > > Within its spell we're gladly caught
          > > Surrender is the key just as the ancients taught
          > >
          > > Fending off the coming dawn
          > > And the end of night
          > > The spell of love always brings its very own light
          > >
          > > We're running `cross the fields
          > > Beneath the crescent moon and stars
          > > The meadow's voice is soft because the night is ours
          > >
          > > JK Saylor
          > > 8-1-06

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 1, 2006
            Richard,
            Thank you for your musical insights. We all grow from the view
            points of others.
            As always,
            Jerry

            --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Bates"
            <icyimeir@...> wrote:

            > Hello Jerry-
            >
            > Rythme is of course the whole picture in general, for life and
            > progress of any kind.
            > If it wasn't for timing and the knowlege of its subtlties
            > businessmen would flounder and sports would be unwatchable.
            > But for the sorriest of all senarios - music would be unlistenable.
            > As a musician I can't help but think in time -and it follows that
            > place high priority on writing things that like to move along, and
            > find a workable compatibity with their neighboring words.
            > It takes a few runs at it with the eraser ...but it's only rock
            and
            > roll but I like it!
            > Nice poem!
            >

            > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jerry5849@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Folks,
            > > This is not a challenge poem, but rather something I have had
            > > rolling around in my head for a while. I hope you all enjoy
            it.
            > > (smile)
            > > As always,
            > > Jerry
            > >

            > > Summer Night
            > >

            > > We're running `cross the fields
            > > Beneath the crescent moon and stars
            > > The meadow's voice is soft because the night is ours
            > >
            > > We're dancing on the dew
            > > No trace or track of play we leave
            > > While laughing at the dark our magic dreams we weave
            > >
            > > We're singing songs of peace
            > > Upon the breeze they float and fly
            > > Moonbeams smiling on us down through the misty sky
            > >
            > > Fending off the coming dawn
            > > And the end of night
            > > The spell of love always brings its very own light
            > >
            > > We're holding onto love
            > > Within its spell we're gladly caught
            > > Surrender is the key just as the ancients taught
            > >
            > > Fending off the coming dawn
            > > And the end of night
            > > The spell of love always brings its very own light
            > >
            > > We're running `cross the fields
            > > Beneath the crescent moon and stars
            > > The meadow's voice is soft because the night is ours
            > >
            > > JK Saylor
            > > 8-1-06

          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 1, 2006
              Johnny,
              I'm glad you were touched by the imagery. As for the repeated
              stanzas, they were indeed planned that way. Whether they were
              needed or not I leave to the various readers to decide. (smile)
              As always,
              Jerry

              --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Johnny" <john.gregory7@...>
              wrote:

              > Jerry,
              > I liked the imagery of this poem. I am unsure if the repeated
              > stanzas at the end were deliberate or an accident. I really don't
              > think they were needed.
              > Johnny
              >

              > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jerry5849@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Folks,
              > > This is not a challenge poem, but rather something I have had
              > > rolling around in my head for a while. I hope you all enjoy
              it.
              > > (smile)
              > > As always,
              > > Jerry
              > >

              > > Summer Night
              > >

              > > We're running `cross the fields
              > > Beneath the crescent moon and stars
              > > The meadow's voice is soft because the night is ours
              > >
              > > We're dancing on the dew
              > > No trace or track of play we leave
              > > While laughing at the dark our magic dreams we weave
              > >
              > > We're singing songs of peace
              > > Upon the breeze they float and fly
              > > Moonbeams smiling on us down through the misty sky
              > >
              > > Fending off the coming dawn
              > > And the end of night
              > > The spell of love always brings its very own light
              > >
              > > We're holding onto love
              > > Within its spell we're gladly caught
              > > Surrender is the key just as the ancients taught
              > >
              > > Fending off the coming dawn
              > > And the end of night
              > > The spell of love always brings its very own light
              > >
              > > We're running `cross the fields
              > > Beneath the crescent moon and stars
              > > The meadow's voice is soft because the night is ours
              > >
              > > JK Saylor
              > > 8-1-06

            • Jerry
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 1, 2006
                My dear Wings,
                If you are interested in such property, please transfer funds to my
                numbered account in Switzerland, and then I shall see what I can
                do. (wink, wink) As for your theory of mangroves and sewage, I
                shall let you keep such things to yourself. (laughing)
                As always your friend,
                Jerry

                --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "bty29586219" <afhnewquay@...>
                wrote:

                > Hi Jerry
                >
                > Tell me about this mountain property in the Everglades.
                > I could be interested.If the crocodiles and alligators can live in
                > harmony side by side there and nowhere else in the wide world, I'm
                > sure I'll be able to co-exist while I study the mangrove swamps.
                > I have a theory involving mangroves and sewage which could change
                the
                > deserts into oases.

                > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jerry5849@> wrote:
                > >
                > > My dear Suzianne,
                > > I must confess, yes I was a bard in an earlier life and a
                > troubador
                > > in one life earlier than that one. Oh, and by the way, I have
                > some
                > > lovely mountain property for sale cheap in the Everglades if you
                > are
                > > interested. (LOL) It is true however that I am a hopeless
                > > romantic. (smile)
                > > Thank you for mentioning the rhyming. Rhymes should appear
                > natural,
                > > not forced. The poet should also do his/her best to make the
                > rhymes
                > > tight, although approximate rhyme sometimes works out better in
                > > certain instances, but this should be done purposefully. Just
                my
                > > humble opinion of course. (smile)
                > > I'm glad you liked my offering.
                > > As always,
                > > Jerry
                > >

                > > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Donahue"
                > > <suzianne411@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Dear Jerry...You are such a romantic! I suspect that in an
                > > earlier
                > > > life you may have been a bard or troubador. This poem may not
                > > > conform to the challenge, but it illustrates the aim of using
                > > rhyme
                > > > in such a way that it adds to the sounds of the poem without
                > > > distracting from it.
                > > >
                > > > This is a lovely poem.
                > > >
                > > > Suzianne
                > > >

                > > > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jerry5849@>

                > > it.

              • agoodchap
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 3, 2006
                  Nice to see you on the board again jerry, you old romantic. A lovely
                  sensual poem, well done.

                  Alison

                  > Jerry <jerry5849@...> wrote:
                  > Folks,
                  > This is not a challenge poem, but rather something I have had
                  > rolling around in my head for a while. I hope you all enjoy it.
                  > (smile)
                  > As always,
                  > Jerry
                  >
                  > Summer Night
                  >
                  > We're running `cross the fields
                  > Beneath the crescent moon and stars
                  > The meadow's voice is soft because the night is ours
                  >
                  > We're dancing on the dew
                  > No trace or track of play we leave
                  > While laughing at the dark our magic dreams we weave
                  >
                  > We're singing songs of peace
                  > Upon the breeze they float and fly
                  > Moonbeams smiling on us down through the misty sky
                  >
                  > Fending off the coming dawn
                  > And the end of night
                  > The spell of love always brings its very own light
                  >
                  > We're holding onto love
                  > Within its spell we're gladly caught
                  > Surrender is the key just as the ancients taught
                  >
                  > Fending off the coming dawn
                  > And the end of night
                  > The spell of love always brings its very own light
                  >
                  > We're running `cross the fields
                  > Beneath the crescent moon and stars
                  > The meadow's voice is soft because the night is ours
                  >
                  > JK Saylor
                  > 8-1-06

                • Jerry
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 4, 2006