Re: Thanks to all t2w's

  • albiaicehouse
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2006
      TJ,

      I do a lot of crazy stuff, but alas, a ruptured disc and a several
      month case of sciatica (sp?) has caused me to swear off all jumping
      downward...unless there is a water landing that I absolutely know has
      no submerged nasties with which to collide.

      I hope there is no permanent damage to your knee, then you'll be back
      in form in 6 weeks.

      The silver lining is that you'll find out how important a knee is, right?

      albi

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, transom.jumper <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Dear Gwen, George Ann, Albi, Diva, Susan, Carol, Wings and ?
      >
      > Thanks for the support. Hope I named you all since I'm writing
      > quickly and referencing my rather porous memory. Yep, I'm probably
      > doomed to grow old and wrinkled over the next 30-40 years. I got a
      > bit carried away and went on a long walk with some energetic kids in
      > celebration. Part of the nature trail we took is on a cliff near a
      > river. A portion of the trail had washed away. The kids easily
      > jumped onto a wall, circumnavigated the obstacle and jumped off the
      > wall on the other side of the wash-out. I did this successfully,
      > too. Then, on the way back, I decided to give a good leap from the
      > wall to the wooded trail below. When I hit the ground I knew the
      > knee had buckled. Only four miles to help, I walked out and now
      > have a knee the size of a honeydew. My leotards just won't tug past
      > it. Matte on the roundhouse or hook kicks for me for a while, hey,
      > Wings. Time to scoot.
      >

      > Transom Jumper
      >
      > P.S. Susan, something you said makes me suspect you have a clue or
      > two to my top-secret identity. If my suspicions are right, I'm sure
      > I can count on your silence in this matter.

    • Carol
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2006
        Dear Transom Jumper,
        Apparently you need to be watched. I understand the exuberant spirit
        which initiated your attack of the trail. There's a very good reason
        most Boy Scouts learn first aid during their first year with the
        troop. More often than not, the lads end up treating the adults. Last
        weekend, I treated my assisant scoutmaster twice--once for a second
        degree burn on his arm and then he got nailed with a Frisbee and
        wouldn't stop bleeding. Maybe setting up the compass course in the
        middle of the Frisbee golf area wasn't such a good idea. He's fine and
        a great practical demonstration of what not to do.
        Anyway, we're all glad you're okay. Perhaps while nursing that pesky
        knee, you might again choose to entertain us with your unique branch
        of humor. Just a thought....
        Carol