RE: [ticket2write] Re: Take Me to Your Leader, Earthling! (266236transom jumper)

  • David Roth
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 2, 2006
      Message
      Good Morning Transom,

      A marvelous introductory piece!  I wasn't caught off guard by the title, but probably because I had just finished reading a Cluve Cussler novel called Inca Gold, and he made several references to river silt, so the idea was still fresh in my mind.  Were this not the case, however, a careful reading of your first stanza would have cleared this up.

      I rather like your descriptions and the imagry you use.  The metaphor of silt slipping thorugh your fingers as things meander through the rivers of your consciousness is wonderful.

      Very nice piece.  I look forward to seeing more of your work.

      Dave

      "And sometimes, if I listen very closely, I can hear voices…"

      from Sometimes I Hear Voices

      my new book

      available at LuLu.com

      Silty Nothing
      by Transom Jumper

      Silty nothing
      Slips between my fingers
      As I stand in a river
      That meanders through my mind

      Water currents
      Tear at neurons
      Ripping a stream bed through my brain

      Microscopic geisers
      Break through my skull bone
      Mixing cognition with dreams and soul.

      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 2, 2006
        Dear Diva and Wings...Thank you for your confidence and for your
        unfailing support. However, having grown up in a political family,
        I know only too well the pitfalls of a public life. Besides, my
        campaign slogan of, "Off with their heads!" seems to rattle the
        opposition.

        Suzianne

        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Diva <the_only_data_diva@...>
        wrote:

        > Susie!
        > Susie!
        > Susie!
        > Susie!
        >

        > wings081 <wings081@...> wrote:
        > My dear Suzie
        >
        > Thank you for your supreme vote of confidence in my abilities.
        > Let me offer you the deal of the century:
        > I will accept the premiership of the UK if you will reciprocate by
        > standing for the Presidency of the United States
        > I believe between us we would be irrefrangible and with a little
        > help from our friends at t2w, we could take over the World and the
        > troubles of this planet would evaporate as snow on the desert
        sands.

        > As ever
        >
        > Wings.
        >

        > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Donahue"
        > <suzianne411@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Dear Wings...Why the British government has not made you Prime
        > > Minister is beyond me. You exhibit a level of statesmanship
        which
        > > must be the envy of all who know you and your patience would put
        > Job
        > > to shame.
        > >
        > > Keep up the good work! I would polish your badge if you had
        > > one...or your halo.
        > >
        > > Suzianne
        > >

        > > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "wings081" <wings081@>
        wrote:

        > > > Hi transom.jumper
        > > >
        > > > So, you're the new sheriff in town who will not tolerate
        > > censorship.
        > > >
        > > > Unless you aspire to a plot on boot hill, I suggest you take
        > your
        > > > badge of office and the rest of your trappings and move along
        > > the
        > > > next city.
        > > > We have no room in this here town for jumped up critters such
        as
        > > you.
        > > > I suggest you saddle up and vacate this street before sundown,
        > > lest
        > > > those among us,who have helped to build t2w into a thriving
        > > > metropolis, become riled enough to ventilate your carcase.
        > > >
        > > > If however, you have second thoughts regarding your
        pretentious
        > > > introduction and show yourself to be contrite, we would be
        > > prepared
        > > > to ignore your recent post and welcome you with (partly) open
        > arms
        > > > to this literary Mecca we call t2w.
        > > >
        > > > Yours optimistically
        > > >
        > > > Wings081
        > > >

        > > > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, transom.jumper
        <no_reply@>

        > > > limits do
        > there,
        > > > now!
        > by
        > > > >

        > Learn more about ticket2wite at http://ticket2write.tripod.com

        > Creative writing Professional writer Creative writing
        course Creative writing program Writing book Writing a book

        Service.

        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 2, 2006
          Dear Suzi

          Opposition! Opposition!. You should not be so negative.
          When I was first elected,I stood as an independant and romped home
          against the main national parties.
          Due, not to my political charisma but to a collection of my words
          printed in the local press. I forget the exact text but I remember
          taking a little stick from my dear wife for referring to her as 'My
          Cornish Maid' (I intended it as a compliment,but you can't win them
          all)
          When my term was up and I was persuaded to stand again,I was
          returned unopposed.

          Forget the opposition. I'll knock their feet from under them and
          while they're on the ground you can proceed with your Queen of
          Hearts trick.

          <suzianne411@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > pretentious
          > > > prepared
          open
          > > arms

          > <no_reply@>

          What
          > > there,
          > answers
          > stained
          > > by
          > law.
          > > > > >

          > > Learn more about ticket2wite at http://ticket2write.tripod.com

          > > Creative writing Professional writer Creative
          writing
          > course Creative writing program Writing book Writing a
          book

          > Service.
          > >

          > > ---------------------------------
          > >

          > > ---------------------------------
          > > Brings words and photos together (easily) with
          > > PhotoMail - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.

        • Diva
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 2, 2006
            Dear Suzianne,

            Personally I find "off with their heads!" a very fine platform plank given the current approval ratings of the Administrative and legislative branches of government.

            regards,

            Diva

            wrote:

> [...]
            > > prepared
            > > > to ignore your recent post and welcome you with (partly) open
            > arms
            > > > to this literary Mecca we call t2w.
            > > >
            > > > Yours optimistically
            > > >
            > > > Wings081
            > > >

            > > > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, transom.jumper
            <no_reply@>

            > > > limits do
            > there,
            > > > now!
            > by
            > > > >

            > Learn more about ticket2wite at http://ticket2write.tripod.com

            >         Creative writing   Professional writer   Creative writing
            course     Creative writing program   Writing book   Writing a book

            Service.

            > ---------------------------------
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            >  PhotoMail  - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.

            Yahoo! Mail

          • transom.jumper
            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 2, 2006
              --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "wings081" <wings081@...> wrote:
              >Hi Wings,

              I accept your critique rules. People tend to think I'm silly so
              perhaps Silly Nothing would be a more apropos title. By the way, I
              chose the word copasetic since it was in the lexicon of the Old West
              and we were playing cowboys at the time.

              Transom Jumper

              > Hi Transom
              >
              > On behalf of myself and fellow members (I trust) welcome aboard
              > this ship. From the captain to the cabin boy you are most welcome
              > our mess (Mess not to be confused with disorder)
              > On first reading your poem I thought there was a typo with 'Silty'
              > and it should be read 'silly' but I now perceive a deeper meaning
              > and believe the poets among us will have a field-day with your
              > future work.
              > I ought to point out here that whatever others say about our work
              we
              > never critique a critique apart from explaining a point which
              might
              > not have been made obvious.
              >
              > In your post 26636, you used a word rarely seen these days viz:
              > 'COPASETIC' Dashed if I could find it in my lexicons, and I have a
              > few.I now understand it to mean: 'Completely satisfactory' and had
              > been aware of this whilst reading your introduction, it would have
              > spawned a different reaction.
              > The American novelist John O'Hara used the word when he wrote"You
              > had to be a good judge of what a man was like, and the English was
              > copacetic" Not too sure about the book but it was possibly his
              > first,which put him on the road to success: "Appointment in
              Samarra"