long walk at night a poem

  • TIONG CHUNGHOO
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      long walk at night
      the breeze freezes my spirit
      the moon warms it up
      pulling at my poetic soul

      the crickets sing their poems
      while a million other insects contribute their share
      to loosen up the night
      - for lovers, husbands and wives

      a tide of words swirl
      in all directions in my mental sphere
      and saturates the poetic bar of the intellect

      a rhythm swims along
      with them as i write out verse by verse
      following the pulses
      of my heart

      the moon my friend
      shares its light
      the night wind inspires
      lovelorn stars wave all the way a million light years
      away heralding the birth
      of a song
      sparkling, twinkling
      guided by intricate orchestration of the night
      before gracing the written page

      long walk in the night
      even the insects with the lamps start to lend me their
      lights

      between the twinkle of the stars they zig zag,
      circle, beat out a dance
      a world of poets drunken
      with the beauty of the night

      by john tiong chunghoo