Crucible - A Poem

  • David Roth
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005

      of both, in paradoxical juxtaposition

      the flourished without contradiction.

      Perched on the edge of uncertainty,

      he paused but for a moment

      and the decision was made

      to step forth by faith

      into the roaring maelstrom

      that was, and is, and might yet be,

      to see if the dream was flight or folly.

      This quantum intersection

      where time and space,

      dream and fancy,

      reality and desire,

      melded together to face his choice,

      engulfed him as a lover’s tender embrace,

      the gauntlet drawn and the crucible met,

      the next reality shaped

      by one inconsequential moment.

      "And sometimes, if I listen very closely, I can hear voices…"

      from Sometimes I Hear Voices

      my new book

      available at LuLu.com