Re: [ticket2write] Re: New Member intro (25413 Andrei)

  • Andrei V. Lefebvre
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
      The joy of spirits, I confess,
      I so inviting, so relaxing
      The question, though, my Dear Mr. Wings
      Is type of liquor you’re suggesting.

      I am man of old world style
      The trendy mixers lave me cold.
      But if you’re ready for a while
      To drink straight liquors only.

      I promise to forgo all spices,
      The evil salt included and forgotten.
      And drink all night with men left to their own devices
      And partake in a slow old-fashfashioned conversation about things important.

      Andrei

      wings081 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi Andrie

      We welcome you to this club my friend
      To share our joy and dread
      But please go easy on the salt,
      Unless you want us dead.
      For too much salt the doctors say
      Is bad for your poor ticker
      So put that condiment  away
      And bring along the liquor.

      Best regards

      Wings.

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Andrei V. Lefebvre"
      <lefeb@y...> wrote:

      >   Dear Fellow Writers,
      >
      >   I am happy to join your group. I am a published news and fiction
      writer and a voracious reader. I hope to contribute my talents and
      energy to your group. Below is a short rhyme which (or is it "that")
      came out of my fingers as I was typing this message.

      >   Andrei
      >
      >   Be well, my friends,
      >   I bring you salt and bread.
      >   I aim to be your comrade
      >   And share your joys and dread.

    • Andrei V. Lefebvre
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 4, 2005
        Dear da Baiz,

        Your welcome means the world to me
        But may I make a comment
        Did brain compose the verses that just came to be?
        Or did the magic of the heavens done it?

        My dear friend, this argument is old
        Does He exists and guides our deeds?
        Or, are we accident of random fold?
        Are flowing rhymes just man made, or do they serve the higher needs?

        Andrei

        <lefeb@y...> wrote:

        >   Dear Fellow Writers,
        >
        >   I am happy to join your group. I am a published news and fiction
        writer and a voracious reader. I hope to contribute my talents and
        energy to your group. Below is a short rhyme which (or is it "that")
        came out of my fingers as I was typing this message.

        >   Andrei
        >
        >   Be well, my friends,
        >   I bring you salt and bread.
        >   I aim to be your comrade
        >   And share your joys and dread.

        Welcome Andrei,

        I believe it's "that", but it's my position that the poem actually
        streamed out of your brain and was given life by your fingers.  In
        any case, WELCOME!!!!!  Leave your sanity in your hat and your
        inhibitions at the door step.

        All my best,
        da Baiz

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 4, 2005
          Hi Andrei

          To quote Beaumarchais:

          "Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love all year
          round,that is all there is to distinguish us from the other animals"

          But then our thirst needs quenching as does our appetite for love
          need appeasing,do you not agree?
          As for conversation:
          Writing is but a different name for conversation which has a certain
          charm which beggars interruption of the speaker.

          <lefeb@y...> wrote:

          > The joy of spirits, I confess,
          > I so inviting, so relaxing
          > The question, though, my Dear Mr. Wings
          > Is type of liquor you're suggesting.
          >
          > I am man of old world style
          > The trendy mixers lave me cold.
          > But if you're ready for a while
          > To drink straight liquors only.
          >
          > I promise to forgo all spices,
          > The evil salt included and forgotten.
          > And drink all night with men left to their own devices
          > And partake in a slow old-fashfashioned conversation about
          things important.

          > Andrei
          >

          > wings081 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          >
          > Hi Andrie
          >
          > We welcome you to this club my friend
          > To share our joy and dread
          > But please go easy on the salt,
          > Unless you want us dead.
          > For too much salt the doctors say
          > Is bad for your poor ticker
          > So put that condiment away
          > And bring along the liquor.
          >
          > Best regards
          >
          > Wings.
          >

          > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Andrei V. Lefebvre"
          > <lefeb@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear Fellow Writers,
          > >
          > > I am happy to join your group. I am a published news and
          fiction
          > writer and a voracious reader. I hope to contribute my talents and
          > energy to your group. Below is a short rhyme which (or is
          it "that")
          > came out of my fingers as I was typing this message.
          > >
          > > Andrei
          > >
          > > Be well, my friends,
          > > I bring you salt and bread.
          > > I aim to be your comrade
          > > And share your joys and dread.
          > >

          > Learn more about ticket2wite at http://ticket2write.tripod.com

          > Creative writing Professional writer Creative writing
          course Creative writing program Writing book Writing a book

          Service.

          > ---------------------------------

        • Andrei V. Lefebvre
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 4, 2005
            Dear Wings,

            My new old friend
            I thank you for your welcome
            You stimulated my poetic muse
            Which brings me to this outcome

            No argument about human intercourse
            You have the subject pat
            To drink, make love, and put the conversation onto abstract course
            Yes, that’s what separates us from a rat.