Re: New Member intro

  • ralphbaisley
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Andrei V. Lefebvre"
      <lefeb@y...> wrote:

      > Dear Fellow Writers,
      >
      > I am happy to join your group. I am a published news and fiction
      writer and a voracious reader. I hope to contribute my talents and
      energy to your group. Below is a short rhyme which (or is it "that")
      came out of my fingers as I was typing this message.

      > Andrei
      >
      > Be well, my friends,
      > I bring you salt and bread.
      > I aim to be your comrade
      > And share your joys and dread.

      Welcome Andrei,

      I believe it's "that", but it's my position that the poem actually
      streamed out of your brain and was given life by your fingers. In
      any case, WELCOME!!!!! Leave your sanity in your hat and your
      inhibitions at the door step.

      All my best,
      da Baiz
    • Andrei V. Lefebvre
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
        The joy of spirits, I confess,
        I so inviting, so relaxing
        The question, though, my Dear Mr. Wings
        Is type of liquor you’re suggesting.

        I am man of old world style
        The trendy mixers lave me cold.
        But if you’re ready for a while
        To drink straight liquors only.

        I promise to forgo all spices,
        The evil salt included and forgotten.
        And drink all night with men left to their own devices
        And partake in a slow old-fashfashioned conversation about things important.

        Andrei

        wings081 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hi Andrie

        We welcome you to this club my friend
        To share our joy and dread
        But please go easy on the salt,
        Unless you want us dead.
        For too much salt the doctors say
        Is bad for your poor ticker
        So put that condiment  away
        And bring along the liquor.

        Best regards

        Wings.

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 4, 2005
          Dear da Baiz,

          Your welcome means the world to me
          But may I make a comment
          Did brain compose the verses that just came to be?
          Or did the magic of the heavens done it?

          My dear friend, this argument is old
          Does He exists and guides our deeds?
          Or, are we accident of random fold?
          Are flowing rhymes just man made, or do they serve the higher needs?

          Andrei

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 4, 2005
            Hi Andrei

            To quote Beaumarchais:

            "Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love all year
            round,that is all there is to distinguish us from the other animals"

            But then our thirst needs quenching as does our appetite for love
            need appeasing,do you not agree?
            As for conversation:
            Writing is but a different name for conversation which has a certain
            charm which beggars interruption of the speaker.

            <lefeb@y...> wrote:

            > The joy of spirits, I confess,
            > I so inviting, so relaxing
            > The question, though, my Dear Mr. Wings
            > Is type of liquor you're suggesting.
            >
            > I am man of old world style
            > The trendy mixers lave me cold.
            > But if you're ready for a while
            > To drink straight liquors only.
            >
            > I promise to forgo all spices,
            > The evil salt included and forgotten.
            > And drink all night with men left to their own devices
            > And partake in a slow old-fashfashioned conversation about
            things important.

            > Andrei
            >

            > wings081 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            >
            > Hi Andrie
            >
            > We welcome you to this club my friend
            > To share our joy and dread
            > But please go easy on the salt,
            > Unless you want us dead.
            > For too much salt the doctors say
            > Is bad for your poor ticker
            > So put that condiment away
            > And bring along the liquor.
            >
            > Best regards
            >
            > Wings.
            >

            > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Andrei V. Lefebvre"
            > <lefeb@y...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Dear Fellow Writers,
            > >
            > > I am happy to join your group. I am a published news and
            fiction
            > writer and a voracious reader. I hope to contribute my talents and
            > energy to your group. Below is a short rhyme which (or is
            it "that")
            > came out of my fingers as I was typing this message.
            > >
            > > Andrei
            > >
            > > Be well, my friends,
            > > I bring you salt and bread.
            > > I aim to be your comrade
            > > And share your joys and dread.
            > >

            > Learn more about ticket2wite at http://ticket2write.tripod.com

            > Creative writing Professional writer Creative writing
            course Creative writing program Writing book Writing a book

            Service.

            > ---------------------------------

          • Andrei V. Lefebvre
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 4, 2005

              My new old friend
              I thank you for your welcome
              You stimulated my poetic muse
              Which brings me to this outcome

              No argument about human intercourse
              You have the subject pat
              To drink, make love, and put the conversation onto abstract course
              Yes, that’s what separates us from a rat.