Proudly announcing the release of my first novel "Bitter Water"

  • sherri6477
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
      posted November 01, 2005 08:51 AM
      -----------
      Hi friends, some of you will get an e-mail from me because I have
      your addy. For new friends I thought I would publish my mass email
      here. It's my own personal milestone and first anniversary and it's
      being celebrated by the fact that I should have my novel by the
      first of next week! Dare to dream!

      Dear family, old friends and new friends,

      Today marks a milestone for me. One year ago today I started writing
      my novel "Bitter Water." I had my hands full with a full time job
      and my daughter and three precious grandkids living with us at the
      time and I really didn't see how I could take on the challenge of
      National Novel Writing Month. I did, and I won! The end result is my
      second book and first novel "Bitter Water." On this Thursday it will
      be shipped to me from the printer and I will finally hold my "baby"
      in my hands. It will be released nationally on January 17, but for
      now, copies can be bought through the Tate website and through me.
      I'm so excited!

      Today, I'll be starting National Novel Writing Month again, working
      on the second book of a planned trilogy. The stories are all based
      right around my home town and landmarks of Central Illinois. The
      second book is "Marisol." My main character is a local reporter for
      the newspaper and she becomes friends with Mara my first main
      character and.....well if I tell you anymore it'll ruin the book!

      On November 20, 2005, I'm hosting a release party at the Eldorado
      End Zone for those of you who are in the area. It's a Sunday
      afternoon from 2-4. It will be in their party room. A good friend of
      mine T Scott Deaton will be singing and sometime during the
      afternoon will debut the song we wrote together called "Daddy." I
      don't profess to be a songwriter, but these words came from the
      depths of a Mother's soul and Scott has added great musical notes
      and I'm proud of the results.

      I hope to see all of you who are near me at my party. For those of
      you who would like to buy my book, its available at the Tate
      website, but if you want an autographed copy, you can e-mail or see
      me. I'll be selling books out of my trunk...LOL.

      Thanks to all of you who have been such a wonderful support group to
      me, especially my family and my second family, my friends at Boomer
      Women Speak. Without your love and support I never would have had
      the courage to continue.

      Thanks and all my love,

      Sherri Smith

      --------------------
      Bitter Water available to order at:
      http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=1-59886-14-4-1

      http://home.insightbb.com/~dancer6477/wsb/index.html
      http://christianstoryteller.com

      Don't be afraid to reach for your dream.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
        Dear Sherry
        It is always a pleasure and an honour to congratulate any member of
        t2w who has weathered the storm and been successful in having a book
        published and it is my great pleasure to congratu;late you now and
        wish you further success for the rest of your trilogy.

        Great stuff Kid keep at it

        My very best
      • David Roth
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
          Sherry,

          Having just published my first poetry collection, Sometimes I hear Voices, albeit in a much smaller way (LuLu) I can say that I share your excitement and enthusiasm.  This is especially true because my first venture went unpublished because the only publishing choice was not interested.

          I'm very happy for you, offer my heartfelt congratulations, and wish you the best with this book and the ensuing two segments of the trilogy!

          Dave Roth

          "Vrede het beste, zei de kikker tegen de ooievaar"

          Dutch Proverb

          Visit Me at Dave's Place