Re: Conventions... (Athelia)(Suzi)

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2005
      Nopers...No explanation. I just delete spam.

      P.S. There were links in her message (see below) and since she
      posted the same message four times and you and I have exchanged
      messages, those links have been posted at least seven times. I
      deleted some of them, but at last count I think four sets of those
      links, have muddied the waters here.

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Carol Carpenter
      <carol_emt87@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Suzi,
      > I do not recall a mention of any particular game in
      Cindy's/Athelia's e-mail to the group. She posed what I believe is a
      legitimate question about convention and conferences for writing.
      The one I mentioned, Wiscon, is a real convention held every year
      for sci-fi/fantasy writers and readers, film makers, and others and
      the ones she mentioned are similar. Also, she didn't post any links,
      web addresses, mailing info, or other form of shameless self
      promotion on her post to the group. So you have me at a loss and
      completely perplexed by your response here. Can you provide some
      clarity?
> [...]
      > how we grow. I'm a poet who took a class on fiction. It was a
      > wonderful stretch for me.
      > >
      > > The greatest thing for me was sharing my work with other writers
      > and making new friends. I have ten new friends and we group e-mail
      > about once a week. That's always a good thing for me.
      > >
      > > My English professor lives in Wisconsin and attends Wiscon each
      > year he is able. He's usually one of the presenters or speakers,
      but
      > also enjoys the conference for the learning and networking
      > experience. Just watch out for drunk Klingons roaming the halls,
      he
      > tells me!!
      > >
      > > I don't know zip about the gaming aspect. Is that something
      you're
      > interested in? Now I'm curious–what game or games? Dungeons and
      > Dragons? Or Magic?
      > >
      > > I believe that some of our other members have attended writing
      > conferences in the past, and perhaps writing and gaming
      conventions
      > as well. I would ask those folks to pick up the gauntlet and share
      > their observations. I plan on attending another writing conference
      > next year, maybe Taos, New Mexico or somewhere else. So I also
      would
      > like to hear from any of our members on this subject. Thanks and
      > good luck, Athelia.
      > >
      > > Carol
      > >

      > > Cindy Harigel <athelia@b...> wrote:st1\:*{behavior:url
      > (#default#ieooui) }
      > >

      > > Just curious here… How many folks find gaming and writing
      > conventions interesting? Have you gone to any? What were your
      > impressions? There are two upcoming ones that I am quite
      interested
      > in going to, and I include the links below. If anyone has been to
      > anything like this, please tell me about your experiences, as I am
      > seriously considering going to one or both of these.
      > >

      > > http://www.crescentcitycon.com/ - In New Orleans, Aug 5-7
      > >

      > > http://www.dragoncon.org/ - In Atlanta, September 2-5
      > >

      > > Blessings,
      > >
      > > Athelia
      > >

      > > It isn't hard to be good from time to time. What's tough is
      being
      > good every day. - Willie Mays
      > >

      > > Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds
      you
      > plant. - Robert Louis Stevenson
      > >

      > > If you don't have the time to do something right, where are you
      > going to find the time to fix it? -Stephen King
      > >

      > > Learn more about ticket2wite at http://ticket2write.tripod.com

      > Service.

      > 7/27/2005
      > >

      > > --
      > 7/28/2005
      > >

      > > --
      > 7/28/2005

      > > http://mail.yahoo.com
      >

      > Learn more about ticket2wite at http://ticket2write.tripod.com

      > Creative writing William arthur Professional writer Creative
      writing course Creative writing program Writing book

      Service.

      > http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Carol Carpenter
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2005
        Dear Suzi,
        Okay, you're the boss. I'm always glad for the moderators of this fine group and that's why they pay you the big bucks. You do get paid, don't you? LOL. In her best Monty Python voice, Carol says, "I don't like Spam...even the canned kind!!"
        Carol