Hi, New to Group -- Progress So Far

  • Robert Pearson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2005
      Hi,

      I'm Robert from Seattle -- new here.

      I just got back my first three Library of Congress numbers from the
      books I sent them, and have been adding my titles to Books in Print.
      I feel a good sense of accomplishment. I set up a little publishing
      company for the books I've been writing for the last twenty years.
      I want to eventually look for an agent and bigger publishers.

      I need a professional looking website. Mine was done by hand many
      years ago. Any suggestions on making that transition without long
      hours of suffering? I have not budgeted website development into
      my small publishing company's business plan.

      If anyone in this group would like to have free pdf file copies of
      my books, I would be willing to give them copies if they promise
      to critique them (doesn't have to be extensive) and give feedback. I
      can always further use proofreading.

      I have written books on psychology and spirituality ("The Experience
      of Hallucinations in Religious Practice" and "Hyperreligiousity:
      Identifying and Overcoming Patterns of Religious Dysfunction").
      They are written from a pro-spirituality point of view but use
      Western "academic" psychology references. I also write anti-novels --
      modern poetry put into prose, a little like the style of
      Joyce or some of Rimbaud/Lautreamont.

      My website is at http://www.rspearson.com Let me know which book
      or books you are interested in.

      For the last twelve years, I've been selling a brainstorming program
      for writers at: http://www.paramind.net (windows, mac and linux
      versions available).
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2005
        Dear Robert...Welcome to ticket2write. I hope you will find the
        kind of support and encouragement you deserve here. For most of us,
        this is the perfect writing group. We don't have to attend
        meetings, pay dues or bring refreshments. We just drop in and visit
        from time to time and help others when we can and seek advice when
        we need it. It works!

        Suzianne

        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Pearson"