Re: [ticket2write] Re: the owl (Wings)

  • Carol Carpenter
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2005
      Yesterday in my "neck of the woods", I had a Great Horned Owl hooting in the daytime. Although it is rare, occurring only when fledglings leave the nest or when other birds, snakes or predators disturb the owl, they do, in fact, occasionally hoot in the daytime. I wish I had taken my recorder outside with me. I could have captured and an owl and a wren at the same time--very unusual. Opted for getting a nice photo of the busy little wren instead.

      wings081 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Hi Jules

      One small problem if I may make so bold:

      "hear that owl calling all DAY and all night"

      Birds of prey of the order Strigiformes are usually nocturnal and I
      have yet to hear one hooting during the day but then perhaps they have
      different habits in your neck of the woods.

      Otherwise, good to hear from you. The owl really is a handsome bird.

      As always

      Learn more about ticket2wite at http://ticket2write.tripod.com

      Do You Yahoo!?