Re: Waiting for spring (23622)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2005
      Hi Morphologyous
      What a wonderful piece of prose with which you have delighted this
      site.
      If only more people would stroll through graveyards and study the
      epitaphs to our forebears.
      They abound with a wealth of history, ancient and modern to form the
      basis of a story.
      I recently walked through a cemetery near my home, where my father-
      in-law and his wife are buried.He was a Cornish wrestling champion
      and raconteur extraordinary.My mother-in-law was a typical Cornish
      housewife whose pasties were the most delicious I have ever tasted.

      I stayed awhile in silent contemplation of good times past and then
      ambled past other headstones to read of local people I had known
      intimately. There lay the boy, who, as a young lad, sat with his
      girlfriend,my niece, baby-sitting my children. Dead way before his
      alloted lifespan. People I had passed the time of day with as we met.
      Others who had done me an injustice, but having paid the price,
      would now receive my forgiveness.

      As you so rightly say; 'There is life in dead places'

      I thank you for sharing with us. You are indeed true to your ID
      a grand morphologist.

      I look forward to more from your pen.