Re: Krishna Rao

  • screamgrip
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2005
      Albi,

      Thankyou for your interest and your suggestions. It really does mean a
      lot. Now regarding your suggestions...

      The sixty five year old man, the student, is not Krishna Rao's close
      friend. He is the only student who regularly attenteds his classes.
      Krishna Rao develops a bond with him and both of them sympathise with
      the others condition, perhaps they discuss their past: of
      opportunities lost, the promise of becoming something etc. I guess I
      can elaborate on this a bit.

      Telengana Agitation was an agitiation in the 1970's in the State of
      Andhra Pradesh in India demanding a seperate statehood for the region
      of Telengana. This article, written by Krishna Rao, in itself is not
      momentous. It's only significance is that it was one of the first to
      report what later became a major news item. But I see your point,
      perhaps I should place the mention of the article in a little more
      elaborate historical background, especially for readers who dont know
      of the agitation.

      The stacks in Krishna Rao's room are in a pattern that even I dont
      know of. He must have worked very hard on them trying to find a link.
      The only way I can elaborate or mention atleast one stack in detail is
      by finding a pattern myself.

      I like your suggestion about the blurb in the end.

      Thanking you again for your attention
      Suman

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, albiaicehouse <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > Suman.
      >
      > I like the character development you have created.
      >
      > The details, such as the maid repeatedly burning her feet, are
      engaging.

      > One suggestion: I'd give the sixty five year old man, student then
      > compainion, a name and some personality. After all, this is Krishna
      > Rao's closest friend, right?
      >
      > I would have enjoyed finding out more about the "Telangana
      agitation"
      > and would like to see quotes from Krishna's articles on same. I'd
      > like to hear the prose that got such attention.
      >
      > Last, I think it would be really cool to see some of the prior
      > articles or reports that demonstrated a specific pattern that
      > he had painstakingly established by studying all the news worthy
      > stories in detail all those habitually sleepless nights and bright
      > sunny days.
      >
      > What's cool about this characteristic of him is that he's correct.
      We
      > can always see seeds of todays news circulating in the past. He's
      > just gone over the edge in looking for it.
      >
      > Anyway, just like in poetry, I think the best prose shows you more
      > than tells you. Think about showing us his fascination.
      >
      > It would be really awesome if you ended with the landlady reading a
      > small blurb in the local rag about the dead buffalo.
      >
      > albi
    • albiaicehouse
      Message 2 of 4 , May 5, 2005
        Suman,

        You are welcome.

        Your writing really pulled me in. I hope that my reactions have helped.

        albi