Re: [ticket2write] Re: Dead safe ? Don't bet on it.(Wings)

  • Carol Carpenter
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 2, 2005

      She must have been a grand lady to capture your heart. Feisty too, I bet.
      Always,
      Carol

      wings081 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Dear Suzi
      It might well have been but certainly not because of any extra-
      marital activity on my part and it certainly wasn't a political
      party issue for I was standing as an independant with no political
      party pressures.
      I believe the threat was from a crank who obviously didn't know me
      well enough to realise that when my name was put forward I
      surrendered to the voice of the people and became their 'Vox populi'
      in the council chamber.
      Besides which, my dear wife was alive back then and repercussions
      from her displeasure if I breached my marriage contract would scare
      me more than any hit man.(or irate husband)

      As ever

      Wings.

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Donahue"
      <suzianne411@y...> wrote:

      > Dear Wings...Dare I ask?  Was it an irate husband?
      >
      > lol - Suzianne
      >

      > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, wings081 <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:

      > > Dear Suzi,
      > > "Private individuals have more right to privacy than public
      > figures"
      > >
      > > But how does one categorise a public figure versus a private
      > > inividual?
      > > I once held a political position, albeit in a minor capacity in
      > > local government,but important enough to warrant a death threat
      on
      > > the night before my first election.I won that one and the next,
      so
      > > perhaps the hit man changed his mind or chickened out.
      > >
      > > Which brings me to another point:What level of importance does a
      > > person need before they are considered assassinated instead of
      > just
      > > murdered?
      > > I think I'd prefer assassination as it would give me a better
      > write
      > > up in the papers. Also if anyone printed adverse comments about
      my
      > > life, the family could sue for libel and have the money to buy
      me
      > > decent box.
      > >
      > > As ever
      > >
      > > Wings
      > >
      > > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Donahue"
      > > <suzianne411@y...> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Dear Ann,  You do not always need permission to write about a
      > > living
      > > > person.  Check the books on the shelves which deal with public
      > > > figures.  Do you really think the subjects of those books
      > granted
      > > > permission?  When in doubt, certainly ask permission or avoid
      > > > anything which can be deemed damaging or untrue.  Consult a
      > > > qualified attorney for cases which you feel might be
      > > questionable.
      > > > Private individuals have more rights to privacy than public
      > > figures,
      > > > but it is worth taking precautions.
      > > >
      > > > Suzianne
      > > >

      > > > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Ann Walters
      > needed
      > > > someones permission if you were going to write about a living
      > > > person, however; I was unaware of the family being able to sue
      > on
      > > > the persons behalf.
      > > > Changing all names to fictitious, but here is another question.
      > > > towns in general and the such.  I'm sure that this has been
      > asked
      > > > before and maybe I just missed it.  I am aware of the general
> [...]
      It

      http://ticket2write.tripod.com

      > > > Service.

      Learn more about ticket2wite at http://ticket2write.tripod.com

      Do you Yahoo!?

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 3, 2005
        Dear Carol

        Feisty, She certainly was, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
        She was the local beauty but with a beauty that was much more than
        skin deep.
        I still cannot fathom why she agreed to be my wife and mother to my
        children.Must have been the uniform which attracted her.
        I adored her and I believe she was quite content to put up with my
        funny ways.Nobody could say a word against me in her hearing without
        feeling the lash of her tongue which had a sting much harder than
        a leather whip.

        Feisty? let me demonstrate: A certain local police constable
        made a habit of pulling her over in her car,for no particular
        reason. I told her to ignore him and he'd soon tire of it, but oh no,
        she insisted I accompany her to the local police station to complain.

        Now the seegeant in charge knew me,for I had previously registered a
        complaint against a traffic warden for sticking a ticket on my
        screen because my rear bumper(I believe you would call it fender)was
        hanging over the parking line by six inches.(he kindly tore the
        ticket up)
        Anyway, on this occasion, before I could speak,my wife ,with arms
        akimbo, wanted to know: "Why that stupid little boy back there (he
        was just visible hiding in a back room)was pestering her instead of
        out playing cops and robbers" and so it went on until the sergeant
        advised me to escort my dear wife out of the station or he would be
        forced to take her into custody. (over my dead body).
        This particular odious officer was promoted a short time later to
        the rank of sergeant and he was moved.

        Feisty? Spirit may be a better word.She could walk into a room where
        people were talking quietly in small groups and before long,
        those cliques joined into a hubub of friendly conversations.

        At one tavern we often frequented, the pianist,on seeing us enter,
        would stop what she was playing and strike up one of Jim Reeves
        melodies. Usually "I love you because etc." It was then the mood of
        the patrons hitched up a notch.
        I like to think we were looked upon as the perfect couple in the
        love stakes.
        That perfection was shattered when she was called by a higher
        authority at an early age.
        With her head on the silk pillow of her oak casket,a string of
        pearls around her throat and a plain gold band on her finger, She
        looked as beautiful then as the twenty year old girl I wed not too
        many years before.

        Feisty! I wouldn't have had it any other way.

        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Carol Carpenter

      • Ann Walters
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 3, 2005
          Dear Wings:

          Sounds like your Lady Love was a woman I would have enjoyed befriending.  Spirited indeed makes for a lovelier tune.  I am pleased to know that you had her to share those wonderful years with and still relish the memories.

          Ann

          <carol_emt87@y...> wrote:
> [...]

          > > > presented

          > proof)
          > It
          > > is
          > contact,

          > > write
          > > > in
          > > the
          > > character's
          > able

          > your
          > > appropriate
          > the
          > > > gun
          > them
          > > > from

          > http://ticket2write.tripod.com

          Terms
          > of

          > Learn more about ticket2wite at http://ticket2write.tripod.com

          Service.

          >  Yahoo! Search presents - Jib Jab's 'Second Term'

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Carol Carpenter
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 4, 2005

            Sorry it has taken me so long to answer your post, my friend. Life interrupts. You and your dear wife were both very fortunate to find each other Oh, the young policeman just couldn't help himself, in my opinion; he found your wife completely irresistible. But I understand why she was annoyed.

            I'll share a similar experience with you. When husband and I were newly married, we lived in a small town outside of Lincoln. We had a young man deliver the Lincoln Journal Star, a daily newspaper, to our house every afternoon. The paperboy, a sweet lad of twelve tender years with wavy blonde hair and brown eyes, had a crush on me, and I knew it. I noticed him watching me while I worked in the garden behind our house. His eyes shining like new pennies. Now, way back then, my body had not succumb to the ravages of children and gravity. So my figure was well worth the look, very voluptuous. Anyway, I found David, the paperboy, following me around and always crossing my path whenever I walked to the store. He was so sweet, innocent, and vulnerable. When a young man begins to discover himself and women, he can be easily wounded. I took great care not to give him the wrong impression, but also not to hurt his feelings. As we packed to move away, he came to visit one afternoon. David helped me pack and carried boxes out to my car. The sadness in his face nearly broke my heart. When he was leaving for home, I cupped his beautiful face in my hands, and told him that he would have many girlfriends in his life. Also, he should treat them with the same respect he always showed towards me. Then I tenderly kissed the dear boy on the cheek and went back into the house. Stunned by my actions, he stood on the porch for ten minutes, caressing the kiss. It was an honor to have that kind of adoration. I'm sure your wife felt the same way.

            Thank you for sharing the story about your wife, dear Wings. She was, indeed, a grand lady.
            Always,
            Carol