RE: [ticket2write] Re: Awesome melioration (Danny 20689)

  • Danny Wall
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hey, parents are usually old folks running just a step or two behind their
      kids ... whether because they're trying to catch them, or spank them :-)

      -Danny

    • Carol Carpenter
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2004

        Thank you for the kind words. The world looks much gentler today. When I was in town earlier, the marquee at the gas station read
        You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give--Winston Churchill.
        Imagine that--small town Nebraska quotes a great British stateman. Share all your gifts, my friend.

        Always,

        Carol

        wings081 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Dear Carol
        I applaud your efforts to teach CPR.You must be very dedicated.
        CPR to me conjures up pictures of those magnificent giants of the
        Canadian Pacific Railway on which I travelled from new Brunswick on
        the way to Oklahoma.

        Have a great day yourself too

        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Carol Carpenter
        <carol_emt87@y...> wrote:
        > Dear Wings,

        > What a world we live in! Please keep drawing us to the keyboard,
        if not to your table. Some people just don't get how much you truly
        love the language. Personally, I feel sad for them. Have a great
        Wednesday. I'm off early to teach CPR, fighting my battles for life!!

        > Always write from the heart,
        > Carol

        > wings081 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        >

        > Awesome melioration
        >
        > Danny, Kate and any member who has taken exception to my
        > `awesome' post.
        >
        > When you have been with this group as long as Suzianne, Jerry, AD
        > and a host of other members you will come to realise there is no
        way
        > I would ever write a single derogatory word with malice about
        Uncle
        > Sam and his brood.
        > Almost half my family are American citizens, spread around
        Michigan
        > and Washington states.
        > I lived in Oklahoma for almost a year when I was trained to fly by
        > ex-barnstormers.
        > You have a champion this side of the pond who enjoys ribbing you
        as
        > much as receiving your innocent reciprocal repartee.
        > I am happy when people use my posts to air their own views, for
        > although you may consider some of my remarks are not what a
        creative
        > writing group is about, you must admit it triggers replies and
        gets
        > members to the keyboard.

        > TIP:  If you are receiving individual messages, you can modify
        your membership to receive no e-mail or a daily digest of messages.

        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Service.

        >  Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.

        TIP:  If you are receiving individual messages, you can modify your membership to receive no e-mail or a daily digest of messages.

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • kate
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 2, 2004
          yup, I have an almost one year old..and he keeps me on
          my toes, I'm an 'old' 34:) I'm usually a whole 4 steps
          behind him...LOL:)

          Kate

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 2, 2004
            Careful Danny. In UK you could end up in gaol for spanking the
            little brats.
            I was at an auction house a couple of weeks ago and a junior was
            making a pest of himself.
            The auctioneer (smiling of course) delivered an appropriate gem of
            wisdom. he said "Women are from Venus, men are from Mars and
            kids are from hell."

            Ps I must hasten to add: I love kids(of the well behaved variety)
            and always try to get down (or up) to their level.