Re: Awesome melioration (Kate 20687)

    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2004
      And none taken dear lady.
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2004
        Thank you Jerry
        Although the UK is locked in pretty tightly with US policies as our
        strongest and most reliable ally, I do not believe the man in the
        street over here has a firm opinion one way or the other which party
        you elect.
        As for myself: I have no vote outside our borders but I respect
        whoever the majority choose.
        The American branch of my family tree is split. The Washington limb
        voted democrat I think and the Michigans caught the other bus.
        Main thing that matters is: both sections are as close as a family
        should be.

        You say you have more comedians per capita than any other country
        in the world. I beg to differ. We have politicians and a judiciary
        over here who would have you rolling in the aisles if they weren't so
        pathetic.
        However, they may be an ugly lot but they're mine so I'll
        just grin and bear it.

        As for stirring the pot: It is only to ensure my friends are well
        fed and to quote the Bard of Avon: `Tis an ill cook the cannot
        lick his fingers.

        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <jerry5849@y...> wrote:

        > Friend Wings,
        > For my part, I know you to be a staunch ally of Americans, though
        > this may or may not extend to any administration which might be in
        > office at a particular time. I have often wished I could see the
        > United States through another's eyes, and with your kind help I
        > can. We Americans are silly people at the best of times (as are
        > most people around the world I suspect).
        > It takes a lot to laugh at oneself, but we do try. We do indeed
        > try. I may be wrong, but I think we have more comedians per
        capita
        > in this country than any other country in the world. We need
        them.
        > (LOL)
        > You are indeed a champion of this nation, but leave it to you my
        > friend to stir the pot (as well as a lot of female hearts).
        > As always,
        > Jerry
        >
        > --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, wings081 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:

        > > Awesome melioration
        > >
        > > Danny, Kate and any member who has taken exception to my
        > > `awesome' post.
        > >
        > > When you have been with this group as long as Suzianne, Jerry,
        AD

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2004
          Hi Danny
          Never worry about offending me. The term 'Water off a duck's back'
          springs to mind.
          Regarding parent/child rivalry: There is a saying in UK that
          whatever America does today, we will do ten years later. So who is
          the child and who the parent.
          We are a nation of inventors who have to cross the ocean to see our
          ideas come to fruition.

          --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Danny Wall" <dannyw@w...>
          wrote:

          > > I am happy when people use my posts to air their own views, for
          > > although you may consider some of my remarks are not what a
          creative
          > > writing group is about, you must admit it triggers replies and
          gets
          > > members to the keyboard.
          >
          > And there you are correct. And please let me "revise and extend
          my remarks"
          > here a bit as well. Please don't think I was jumping all over you
          for the
          > sake of throwing flames. Also, while there may be a bit
          of "sibling
          > rivalry" between our countries (or parent/child rivalry
          anyway) ... please
          > understand that out of all the EU countries, it is you folks in
          Britain who

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 2004
            Dear Carol
            I applaud your efforts to teach CPR.You must be very dedicated.
            CPR to me conjures up pictures of those magnificent giants of the
            Canadian Pacific Railway on which I travelled from new Brunswick on
            the way to Oklahoma.

            Have a great day yourself too

            --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Carol Carpenter
            <carol_emt87@y...> wrote:
            > Dear Wings,
            >
            > What a world we live in! Please keep drawing us to the keyboard,
            if not to your table. Some people just don't get how much you truly
            love the language. Personally, I feel sad for them. Have a great
            Wednesday. I'm off early to teach CPR, fighting my battles for life!!

            > Always write from the heart,
            > Carol
            >

            > wings081 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            >

            > Awesome melioration
            >
            > Danny, Kate and any member who has taken exception to my
            > `awesome' post.
            >
            > When you have been with this group as long as Suzianne, Jerry, AD
            > and a host of other members you will come to realise there is no
            way
            > I would ever write a single derogatory word with malice about
            Uncle
            > Sam and his brood.
            > Almost half my family are American citizens, spread around
            Michigan
            > and Washington states.
            > I lived in Oklahoma for almost a year when I was trained to fly by
            > ex-barnstormers.
            > You have a champion this side of the pond who enjoys ribbing you
            as
            > much as receiving your innocent reciprocal repartee.
            > I am happy when people use my posts to air their own views, for
            > although you may consider some of my remarks are not what a
            creative
            > writing group is about, you must admit it triggers replies and
            gets
            > members to the keyboard.

            > TIP: If you are receiving individual messages, you can modify
            your membership to receive no e-mail or a daily digest of messages.

            > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Service.

          • Danny Wall
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 2004
              Hey, parents are usually old folks running just a step or two behind their
              kids ... whether because they're trying to catch them, or spank them :-)

              -Danny

            • Carol Carpenter
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 2004
                Dear Wings,

                Thank you for the kind words. The world looks much gentler today. When I was in town earlier, the marquee at the gas station read
                You make a living by what you get. You make a life by what you give--Winston Churchill.
                Imagine that--small town Nebraska quotes a great British stateman. Share all your gifts, my friend.

                Always,

                <carol_emt87@y...> wrote:
                > Dear Wings,

                > What a world we live in! Please keep drawing us to the keyboard,
                if not to your table. Some people just don't get how much you truly
                love the language. Personally, I feel sad for them. Have a great
                Wednesday. I'm off early to teach CPR, fighting my battles for life!!

                > Always write from the heart,
                > Carol

                > wings081 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                >

                > Awesome melioration
                >
                > Danny, Kate and any member who has taken exception to my
                > `awesome' post.
                >
                > When you have been with this group as long as Suzianne, Jerry, AD
                > and a host of other members you will come to realise there is no
                way
                > I would ever write a single derogatory word with malice about
                Uncle
                > Sam and his brood.
                > Almost half my family are American citizens, spread around
                Michigan
                > and Washington states.
                > I lived in Oklahoma for almost a year when I was trained to fly by
                > ex-barnstormers.
                > You have a champion this side of the pond who enjoys ribbing you
                as
                > much as receiving your innocent reciprocal repartee.
                > I am happy when people use my posts to air their own views, for
                > although you may consider some of my remarks are not what a
                creative
                > writing group is about, you must admit it triggers replies and
                gets
                > members to the keyboard.

                > TIP:  If you are receiving individual messages, you can modify
                your membership to receive no e-mail or a daily digest of messages.

                > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                Service.

                >  Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.

                TIP:  If you are receiving individual messages, you can modify your membership to receive no e-mail or a daily digest of messages.

                Do you Yahoo!?

              • kate
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 2, 2004
                  yup, I have an almost one year old..and he keeps me on
                  my toes, I'm an 'old' 34:) I'm usually a whole 4 steps
                  behind him...LOL:)

                  Kate

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 2, 2004
                    Careful Danny. In UK you could end up in gaol for spanking the
                    little brats.
                    I was at an auction house a couple of weeks ago and a junior was
                    making a pest of himself.
                    The auctioneer (smiling of course) delivered an appropriate gem of
                    wisdom. he said "Women are from Venus, men are from Mars and
                    kids are from hell."

                    Ps I must hasten to add: I love kids(of the well behaved variety)
                    and always try to get down (or up) to their level.