Re: porch challenge (Childhood Porch)

  • ambient_dreamer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
      hey alfonso--

      never too late-- awesome i was hoping for poem w/ some asphalt in
      it... it made me laugh and think back to the mischief of being young--
      good effort to me the best thing about writing is documenting
      feelings and places that are too easy to forget. writing is like
      excersize the more we do it the better we get at it. so whatever
      meomories you can muster write em down keep them like a a collection
      of pictures and you will always have that to look back on :) -- AD

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, alfonso tusa <alcanter@y...>
      wrote:
      > Here is my poem ambient dreamer: Maybe a little late but here it
      is. Thanks for the challenge.
      > Best regards
      > Alfonso L. Tusa C.
      >
      > Childhood porch
      >
      > I've lived in many houses
      >
      > The only one with porch for me is the one
      >
      > Where I practiced my first steps and discovered
      >
      > How water dropped by the ceiling holes
      >
      > That porch relaxed me everytime
      >
      > In the morning the fog on the street made me forget
      >
      > About the school while I stood looking at the dew over the garden
      >
      > At noon I stayed with my brothers playing domino
      >
      > Until Dad came with his energic voice "time to lunch"
      >
      > In the evening we sat on the chairs hearing the frogs simphony
      >
      > And looking to the sky to see what star would bring Dad earlier
      enough

      > To get the money for going to the movies.
      >
      > On Saturdays and holidays I stood on the porch just for a while
      >
      > To see how my friends started to play some baseball on the
      >
      > Asphalt field surrounded by arbours just in front of my porch
      >
      > Those ere my slightest moments in the porch
      >
      > I couldn't stand for more than a minute watching from the porch
      >
      > "Mom I'm going to play some ball".
      >
      > I went inside changed my clothes and took my bat and my ball.
      >
      > Only one day I had to get back from the asphalt field to the porch
      >
      > A cousin of mine had come to visit us and I took him to a game
      >
      > A guy batted a flyball to him
      >
      > All of us started to shout get it Louie, get it.
      >
      > Louie got the ball and started to run to the porch
      >
      > I and all my friends followed him
      >
      > "C'mon Louie give us back the ball. When we told you to get the ball
      >
      > We didn't mean you could take it home".
      >
      > When I finally could make Louie understand my point
      >
      > Everybody enjoyed watching the movement of people going to the
      Hospital

      > In the other side of the street
      >
      > Moving on the metal rocking chairs
      >
      > Drinking water from the garden pipe.
      >
      > Alfonso L. Tusa C.
      >

      > ambient_dreamer <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > ok i wrote mine... wow i gave myself carpel tunnel and after
      tweeking
      > it just right, bam... my microsoft progam vanished w/o saving the
      > final draft... so i am going to stop being really mad before i
      start
      > agin... anyone else have a porch poem???
      >

      > TIP: If you are receiving individual messages, you can modify your
      membership to receive no e-mail or a daily digest of messages.