Re: The Palestinians and the Jews

  • damnnamething2001
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31, 2003
      I would be forced to call this a "puff piece" that ignores reality
      and focuses only on some desired sympathy for Israel. Now, before
      you make assumptions, I am not anti-Semitic, I am not an Arab, I am
      not a Muslim. I am simply a man who looks at all things from both
      sides. So, let's pick apart a few of your statements.

      "The Jewish extermination has been mapped out again and again....."

      When this kind of remark is made it reduces the entire issue of
      inhumanity and atrocities to a self-serving sympathy ploy. Yes,
      there was a holocaust. There was also the extermination of the
      Aztecs and the Incas by the Conquistadors. There was the
      extermination of many American Indian tribes and the confinement to
      reservations of the remainder. There was a fellow by the name of Joe
      Stalin who slaughtered far more Russians and Ukrainians than Hitler
      ever did Jews. Let's not forget the Crusades when Arabs were
      slaughtered by European Armies. Then of course, more recently, we
      had the purely ethnic slaughter of civilians in Bosnia and Serbia.
      Mass graves are still being uncovered today. How about the
      atrocities in Rwanda? I could go on, because the human existence is
      littered with equally disgusting demonstrations of our intolerance
      and stupidity. As horrible as the holocaust was, it has become a
      tool in the hands of those who wish to only extract more and more in
      the way of sympathy, support and money from the rest of the world. I
      am no longer interested in bestowing all of my sympathy upon one
      group of people to the disregard of those who have suffered equally
      as much.

      "Their economy flourishes without the benefit of oil exportationÂ…."

      From 1949 through the fiscal year of 1998 Israel has received more
      than (including foreign aid, loans that have never been required to
      be paid back, interest costs etc.) one hundred and thirty BILLION
      dollars. To put that in perspective for you, if you combined all of
      the foreign aid over the same period to sub-Saharan Africa, Latin
      America and the Caribbean combined, it would almost equal what Israel
      received by itself. In per capita terms, aide to sub-Saharan Africa
      was $43 per person, for all of Latin American and the Caribbean it
      was $79 per person and for Israel it was $10,775. Is there something
      wrong with this picture? A country with one-one thousandth of the
      world's population receives more than one third of all U.S. foreign
      aid. To be honest, that disgusts me, and it is the result of the
      perpetual lobbying of Jewish groups who wave the holocaust in
      everyone's face as if they were the only race ever to be persecuted
      in this world. In fairness, there are many Jews, particularly in
      Israel, who share these opinions. They would seek a reduction in
      U.S. foreign aide. They realize that they are, unnecessarily,
      consuming aid that is desperately needed by impoverished countries
      and, in fact, only contributing to the widening of the schism between
      Jew and Arab.

      "While the Jewish people bring their children up to respect the thirst
      for learning, the Palestinian children have learned hatred from
      infancy; injurious spiritual destruction that dooms them to believe
      their fate lies in exploding themselves apart in a shopping mall
      orÂ….."

      Given the information mentioned above, can you imagine the difference
      in the education and health systems between Israel and Palestine? Is
      it any wonder that Israelis can devote so much more to education than
      can the Palestinians? How blessed are we who live in a nation where
      most of us have the options unavailable to the Palestinians and so
      many others in this world. Can you imagine living in a country of
      squalor and poverty while the nation that keeps you under it's boot
      receives so much foreign aid to insure it's economic survival? Would
      you, under such circumstances, grow up with hatred in your heart?
      Would you, seeing throughout your entire childhood nothing but
      violence, an occupiers tanks and rockets, the destruction of your
      neighborhood and perhaps the deaths of friends and family at the
      hands of outsiders, somehow grow into a loving and compassionate
      purveyor of love for Israel? I think not.

      Let us not forget that within Israel there are groups that are
      equally as intransigent as the PLO. Extremist Jews exist in large
      numbers and control many seats in the Knesset. They are those who do
      not wish a peace treaty with the Palestinians. They are those who
      would advocate taking over all of the current Palestinian lands.
      They are the ones who continue to push for an increase in settlements
      on Palestinian lands. They are the ones who establish, and then
      demand protection for, illegal settlements in places where they don't
      belong. Have you forgotten the Jewish fanatic that opened fire on
      Muslims who were at prayer in Jerusalem? Killing countless innocent
      people who were simply at worship?

      Neither side in this situation has bloodless hands. After every
      suicide bombing, Israel responds with rocket attacks that
      occasionally actually manage to kill their intended target, but in
      the process also kill women and children. Is Israel the only country
      plagued with suicide bombings? NO! Do the British, French, Turks,
      Italians, or any of the other numerous nations touched by such
      situations respond by performing rocket attacks on civilian
      neighborhoods? I don't think so!

      There will never be a solution to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict as
      long as the Israelis continue to hold themselves up as the world's
      martyrs, deserving of some special treatment for something that
      happened more than fifty years ago. Their nation was created where
      no such nation had ever existed. It was created at the expense of
      the deportation and exile of countless Palestinians. It was created
      as, basically, a religious state in the cradle of all monotheistic
      religion. A place holy to not only Jews and Muslims, but Christians
      as well! In truth, it was, from the very beginning, a recipe for
      disaster. What is the solution? If I knew that, I would win the
      Nobel Peace Prize, hands down.

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "blue_canoe2001"
      <blue_canoe2001@y...> wrote:
      > ...while i wrote this a ways back it still in mind stands the
      > test.......Arafat is now asking for peace?......is that a bigger
      joke
      > than he receiving the 'Piece' prize?...."nothing has changed, it's
      > still the same", 'Good Morning' - Beatles.........
      >

      > The Palestinians and the Jews
      >
      > The Jewish extermination has been mapped out again and again by
      their
      > adversaries through the centuries, yet they and their prosperity
      > still exist. Through the travails of time one thing they as a
      people
      > have learned is that knowledge is ever present, and as such have
      > always known it is the one thing that can not be taken from them.
      As
      > a result through such diligence passed down from their forefathers,
      > they've achieved success to the envy of the ignorant.
      >
      > Israel exists because of the tenacity of a people who refuse to be
      > pushed out of existence and into a Dead Sea, despite the self
      > proclaimed enemies that call on a daily basis for their demise.
      > Their economy flourishes without the benefit of oil exportation
      that
      > most of their `neighbors' (term used lightly) manipulate for world
      > semi-command of respect and recognition. Note how Sharon has
      > received more criticism from our government than the Saudi
      officials
      > from whose country have breed the terrorists that have attacked us.
      >
      > The Palestinians fail to recognize their dubious fate as pawns by
      > their supposed Arab `brothers'. Nor do they see their leaders as
      the
      > failures they are; such leadership that saw them expelled from
      Yemen,
      > Syria, and Jordan because of their incredulous activities. Syria
      > alone is responsible for far more deaths of the Palestinians than
      > Israel, yet one will ever read that fact in a media report.
      >
      > While the Jewish people bring their children up to respect the
      thirst
      > for learning, the Palestinian children have learned hatred from
      > infancy; injurious spiritual destruction that dooms them to believe
      > their fate lies in exploding themselves apart in a shopping mall or
      > disco crowd. The subsistence of their future existence in any
      realm
      > of humanistic manner depends on their acceptance of emulating those
      > they hate the most, by accepting that true discernment and
      education
      > is the key to their success. I don't see it happening. Too many
      > generations have been destroyed because of the puppet-masters that
      as
      > Golda Mier simply stated decades back hate the Jewish people far
      more
      > than they love their own children.
      >

      > I have respect for the Jews. I feel sorrow for the Palestinians.
    • blue_canoe2001
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2003
        ...i'm up for it if my friend is......'sides i was married in Phoenix
        some 24 years back and am still trying to get back to ol' 'Black
        Canyon' highway......

        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Audrey <phoenix743@y...> wrote:
        > --- damnnamething2001 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
        > wrote:
        > > I would go further and call this a "puff piece"...
        >

        > And this looks like another excellent op-ed piece! I
        > would love to see these two essays side-by-side in my
        > local newspaper. I'm sure they would garner many, many
        > comments. :)
        >
        > Audrey
        >
        > =====
        > http://www.audreyshaffer.com

        > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • blue_canoe2001
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1, 2003
          "When this kind of remark is made it reduces the entire issue of
          inhumanity and atrocities to a self-serving sympathy ploy"
          _________________________________
          I believe I've explained myself here in prior post.

          A country with one-one thousandth of the world's population receives
          more than one third of all U.S. foreign aid.
          With all apologizes, I must challenge here your sources.

          "To be honest, that disgusts me, and it is the result of the
          perpetual lobbying of Jewish groups who wave the holocaust in
          everyone's face as if they were the only race ever to be persecuted
          in this world."
          Disgust is a word I could agree with but not in this manner.

          "In fairness, there are many Jews, particularly in Israel, who share
          these opinions. They would seek a reduction in U.S. foreign aide."
          If you were Jewish would you request a reduction in monies? If you
          were any alien nation of the United States would you? You failed to
          mention the amount of monies we in do send to the Palestinians.

          "They realize that they are, unnecessarily, consuming aid that is
          desperately needed by impoverished countries and, in fact, only
          contributing to the widening of the schism between Jew and Arab."
          _____________________________________
          Separate arguments here. Our nations monies are divided in so many
          ways when it comes to foriegn aid.

          "Can you imagine living in a country of squalor and poverty while the
          nation that keeps you under it's boot receives so much foreign aid to
          insure it's economic survival?"
          Are we talking Mexico and the U.S. here, or Columbia and U.S., or the
          Navajo and the U.S? Who exactly is the U.S.?

          "Would you, under such circumstances, grow up with hatred in your
          heart? Would you, seeing throughout your entire childhood nothing but
          violence, an occupiers tanks and rockets, the destruction of your
          neighborhood and perhaps the deaths of friends and family at the
          hands of outsiders, somehow grow into a loving and compassionate
          purveyor of love for Israel?"
          Ask the Sisseton-Wahpeton tribe; or any other locally for that
          matter; the Arapaho, Blackfeet, or Cantawba People. We can all mix
          apples and oranges.

          "Have you forgotten the Jewish fanatic that opened fire on Muslims
          who were at prayer in Jerusalem? Killing countless innocent people
          who were simply at worship?"
          Haven't seen innocent people been murdered in the square as of late,
          have we?

          "There will never be a solution to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict
          as long as the Israelis continue to hold themselves up as the world's
          martyrs, deserving of some special treatment for something that
          happened more than fifty years ago.
          _______________________________________
          The same could be said of descendants of slaves in America. A group
          in Egypt now wants to sue on behalf of the slaves from there leaving
          Africa with all it's gold via Moses. Do you see a difference?

          "Their nation was created where no such nation had ever existed. It
          was created at the expense of the deportation and exile of countless
          Palestinians. It was created as, basically, a religious state in the
          cradle of all monotheistic religion."
          Maybe the Jews see it as importation rather than deportation back to
          their holy land. A place where they can be a people amongst enemies
          that despise their existence.
        • gokeolawoyin
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 19, 2003
            This is surely a heated debate. I have read the Scriptures, read the
            news, been in those types of debate, and taken the time to think it
            over. I have come to the conclusions that, come what may, the Jews
            win. And they don`t win because the are any better than the
            Palestinians, but because God declares them the winner.
            There is no logical explanation to the Middle East debacle than that
            God has a divine program. I am only pro-Jew because that is how He
            wants it.
            David.

            <blue_canoe2001@y...> wrote:
> [...]
            world's
            > martyrs, deserving of some special treatment for something that
            > happened more than fifty years ago.
            > _______________________________________
            > The same could be said of descendants of slaves in America. A group
            > in Egypt now wants to sue on behalf of the slaves from there
            leaving
            > Africa with all it's gold via Moses. Do you see a difference?
            >

            > "Their nation was created where no such nation had ever existed. It
            > was created at the expense of the deportation and exile of
            countless
            > Palestinians. It was created as, basically, a religious state in
            the
            > cradle of all monotheistic religion."
            > Maybe the Jews see it as importation rather than deportation back
            > their holy land. A place where they can be a people amongst enemies
          • Marc McCune
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 20, 2003
              What you say is only based on your belief that the Bible is actually
              true. These kinds of things are subjective only to one's personal
              belief.

              The Muslims believe that God wants them to conquer India. But that
              doesn't mean that such will happen, simply because they believe it.

              Only in a book that Christians and Jews think that God wrote does
              your scenario play out. I used to thoroughly believe such as well.
              But then I read, and read, and investigated and looked at the basis
              of the my beliefs and at the origin of my religious history and I
              found a world built on a flawed system of tales and oral tradition
              and permutations of a story through 3,000 years of change.

              -respectfully,

              Marc

              --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "gokeolawoyin"

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 21, 2003
                .....correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the Jewish calendar like 800
                years older than the Chinese calendar?...(or am i all wet
                again?)..........that's like almost eight centuries of going without
                Chinese food!!!!......that's got to frustrate anyone.........book or
                no book, even a Irish/Scot like me gets that.....

                --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Marc McCune" <msmccune@h...>

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 21, 2003
                  "Jews know two things: suffering, and where to find great Chinese
                  food", Benjy Stone