Introducing myself

  • Chelley McLear
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
      My name is Chelley, I am a performance poet based in
      Belfast, Northern Ireland. I also run a mailing list
      for poets based in Belfast and I am currently working
      on a website to showcase the work of other local
      poets.

      I have my own website at www.chelley.biz and the new
      showcase site will be at www.belfastpoets.com.

      I am looking forward to sharing compositions with you
      and having the opportunity to offer help and
      constructive criticism with fellow writers.

      Thanks for listening

      Chelley
      "...poetic justice in a coffee cup..." www.chelley.biz

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
        Dear Chelley, Welcome to ticket2write. I hope you will enjoy
        participating in our group. I visited your websites and added links
        to them in our ticket2write links section. You are a brave soul to
        do performance poetry. Maybe you would share some of your
        experiences and knowledge of performance poetry with the rest of us.
        Too many poets just put ink to paper, but don't go that extra step to
        make their words come to life.

        Suzianne
        suzianne411@...
        http://suzianne.tripod.com

        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Chelley McLear
        <minorearth2001@y...> wrote:
        > My name is Chelley, I am a performance poet based in
        > Belfast, Northern Ireland. I also run a mailing list
        > for poets based in Belfast and I am currently working
        > on a website to showcase the work of other local
        > poets.
        >
        > I have my own website at www.chelley.biz and the new
        > showcase site will be at www.belfastpoets.com.
        >
        > I am looking forward to sharing compositions with you
        > and having the opportunity to offer help and
        > constructive criticism with fellow writers.
        >
        > Thanks for listening
        >
        > Chelley
        > "...poetic justice in a coffee cup..." www.chelley.biz

        __
        > Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE
        Yahoo!
        > Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/
      • Melissa
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
          Chelley,
          Welcome to our group.  I look forward to reading your contributions!

          Melissa

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
            Hello Fellow Poets,

            My name is Carol Wood and I joined this list some time ago, but I've
            just been reading. Haven't posted.
            I don't write a lot of poetry. I'm not writing a lot of anything right
            now as I'm in the middle of a move.
            Sounds poetic doesn't it? Middle of the Move.

            Middle of the Move

            Change the name for the gas
            Breakfast at a restaurant
            Won't fix the leaky faucet now
            Stop watering the grass
            Stepping over boxes
            In the middle of the night
            Selling all my precious
            Life that I can't take
            Burned my back to hear
            "Take a dollar?"
            Driveway littered with remains
            Drove Teddy Bear to Goodwill
            Tears fell on the trash
            Found a crate of memories
            No womb in the new place
            Mailed them to the kids
            Call the cats to come in
            Thinking the dog will chase
            Tiny apartment
            No room for worry

            Okay, it's a really rough draft. But it's what I thought of just now.
            I need to work my poetry. I need to flex my writing muscles. I've been
            editing and editor so much, I think I have rolled into stinky. Maybe
            the next poem I send will be better. Appreciate comments.
            I'm also a publisher, a photographer and a webmaster. You can see my
            site at www.hazelst.com
            Some of my work is there.

            I also hold contests for writers pretty regularly. I give away
            computers and monetary awards. I have one right now on my site. The
            Image-In contest based on my photos. You chose a photo to match up with
            a poem you have or create a poem to go with a picture. I do charge a
            fee, but it's only $5 dollars and the winners get $500, $100 and $50 and
            published along with 17 winners and a few honorees. Everyone of the
            winners and honorees will receive a copy of the anthology and each
            winner will receive a selection of greeting cards based on the winning
            entries. And they all can buy additional books for 50% off the book
            price. Deadline is July 30th.

            This is the first contest that has nearly paid for itself! I have a lot
            of great submissions. If you click on contests on my site and then
            Image-In you will see all the rules and the pictures.

            I hesitated telling you all about this because I have been silent and
            just reading. I hope it's okay that I tell you this. I realized today,
            I would really like some of your work in the book.
            As a thank you, for allowing me to share, any one of you may send me a
            second entry free. Just use the form for the first entry and send the
            second to my email carol@...

            The book that I will make from this contest will include the photos for
            the winning entries and it will be in color. I'm doing this because
            everyone says I should do something with my photography.

            This is a rather long introduction, so I'll stop here.

            - Carol Wood
            www.hazelst.com