Re: [ticket2write] Re: SORANA - "LONELY SILENCE"

  • Melissa
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
      Great point, Sorana!!!  I hope you do not take offense to my reply to Cynthia's question....you are so right to say what you have.  I also believe that poetry, or any other form of writing for that matter, can be and is interpreted differently by each reader....isn't that one of the joys of being a writer...that we can express ourselves however we want and everything is open to interpretation!!!!

      Melissa
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2003
        sorana,
        I don't think I was the one who misinterpreted. A critique was made and your response was to attack personally by saying she didn't know literary value, etc. And when I asked a question I am said to be misinterpreting. In my humble opinion, everyone has something to say but that doesn't make it a poem or novel or short story or anything else other than something to say.
        It does appear from your response, we will have to agree to disagree.