Re: Missing Posts

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2003
      Hi Janet

      Allow me to put the record straight about Moderating of this site:
      In the `bad old days' before moderation, articles could be
      posted
      willy nilly without any consideration for young persons or those of a
      delicate, pre `F' word disposition. Offensive material could
      only be
      deleted after it was open on site for all to see.
      Nowadays each posting is vetted and approved beforehand and I can
      assure you only in the very worst scenario will a post be deleted and
      this will be usually be accompanied by a private e-mail to the person
      concerned if their e-mail address is available.

      Before the advent of moderators I once counted sixty two identical
      consecutive messages of rubbish, blocking our site completely. This
      can never be allowed to happen again for it caused a mass exodus of
      members. Many of them like you, have now returned and we are very
      happy to renew their acquaintance.

      On another point, regarding critiques: We do not insist on two for
      one but as you so rightly say, it is a matter of courtesy. What we do
      ask is members do not critique a critique other than to illustrate
      their reasons for a point about which the critic may have
      misconstrued the meaning.

      Good to see you back in the fold Janet
      As Always

      Wings.
    • bluejay_2112
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2003
        Hiya Wings,

        Thanks for the warm re-welcome. I totally get what you and the other
        Moderators are saying. It really wasn't a big deal on my part.
        <smile> Just feeling a tad rebellious upon my return and wondering
        what happened, is all.

        Take care!

        Janet

        Visit me http;//www.SymbolicSight.com