Sorana - New member

  • Sorana Salomeia
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2003
      Hi, everybody! I'm a new member on this list so first of all let me introduce myself.

      My name is Sorana � Lucia Salomeia and I am 18 years old.

      I was born on the 13th of March 1985 in Iasi, Romania.

      I'm a student at the Fine Arts Highschool"Octav Bancila" in Iasi, Romania.

      This highschool has several artistic fields that can be attended, such as music-either vocal or instrumental-, plastic arts, coreography, architecture, design, drama, music pedagogy.

      My specialty is the piano which I've been studying ever since I was four years old. It is my favourite musical instrument and I consider it the most complete one; the piano could even be compared to an entire orchestra and it is also one of the most difficult instruments.

      Another great passion of mine is English, of course.My teachers consider that I have a special talent in this field.

      I enjoy reading original English literature, some of my favourite writers being James Joyce, John Fowles, Thomas Hardy, Charlotte and Emily  Bronte, Charles Dickens, George Eliot.

      Currently I am also studying Spanish, a language that I simply love.

      I  love classical music; my favourite composers are Beethoven, Chopin, Brahms, Mendelssohn and Liszt. But I also like any other kind of good music.

      My favourite pop group is ABBA. I'm a great admiror of theirs. Iknow almost everything about them and their music.

      Other music artists whose music I�m very keen on are Tom Jones, Ricky Martin, Julio Iglesias, Mark Anthony, Shakira.

      I enjoy reading good literature and writing (especially in English), listening to music, playing basketball and playing the piano, naturally.

      I would  like to travel all around the world, to see fascinating new places and meet new people, to get acquainted to new cultures, customs and traditions.

      Well, on broad lines, that's me!

      Sorana

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Message 2 of 5 , May 31, 2003
        Hi Sorana
        It is always a pleasure to welcome a new member from a younger
        generation.
        You have entered our group as a breath of Spring air gently stirring
        the currents of winter into a delightful zephyr.

        Your spelling would indicate an American influence in your education.
        In the UK we use an `H' in the word Coreography (choreography)

        From your profile I note your favourite (favorite) quote to be
        "Do
        not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and
        leave a trail" Ralph Waldo.

        Very good but as you have only now entered the adult arena I would
        suggest you follow the trodden path for a while Study the footprints
        of others who have left their indelible mark on history. Look for
        their successes and failings, skirt around the quicksands and then
        when you are certain of your desired direction, hack your way through
        the bush leaving a new trail for others to follow.

        I will be watching you with interest young lady.

        Very best wishes

        Wings
      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 5 , May 31, 2003
          Sorana,
          Welcome to our writer's group. It is a pleasure to have you with us
          at T2W and I look forward to seeing both your written works and the
          critiques you give to the works of other writers. With your
          background and having been born and raised in Romania, it will be
          interesting to see what unique insights you bring to our group.
          Once again, welcome aboard.
          As always,
          Jerry
          jerry5849@...

          --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, Sorana Salomeia
          <luciadream2003@y...> wrote:
          > Hi, everybody! I'm a new member on this list so first of all let
          me introduce myself.
          > My name is Sorana – Lucia Salomeia and I am 18 years old.
          >
          > I was born on the 13th of March 1985 in Iasi, Romania.
          >
          > I'm a student at the Fine Arts Highschool"Octav Bancila" in Iasi,
          Romania.

          > This highschool has several artistic fields that can be attended,
          such as music-either vocal or instrumental-, plastic arts,
          coreography, architecture, design, drama, music pedagogy.

          > My specialty is the piano which I've been studying ever since I
          was four years old. It is my favourite musical instrument and I
          consider it the most complete one; the piano could even be compared
          to an entire orchestra and it is also one of the most difficult
          instruments.

          > Another great passion of mine is English, of course.My teachers
          consider that I have a special talent in this field.

          > I enjoy reading original English literature, some of my favourite
          writers being James Joyce, John Fowles, Thomas Hardy, Charlotte and
          Emily Bronte, Charles Dickens, George Eliot.

          > Currently I am also studying Spanish, a language that I simply
          love.

          > I love classical music; my favourite composers are Beethoven,
          Chopin, Brahms, Mendelssohn and Liszt. But I also like any other
          kind of good music.

          > My favourite pop group is ABBA. I'm a great admiror of theirs.
          Iknow almost everything about them and their music.

          > Other music artists whose music I'm very keen on are Tom Jones,
          Ricky Martin, Julio Iglesias, Mark Anthony, Shakira.

          > I enjoy reading good literature and writing (especially in
          English), listening to music, playing basketball and playing the
          piano, naturally.

          > I would like to travel all around the world, to see fascinating
          new places and meet new people, to get acquainted to new cultures,
          customs and traditions.

          > Well, on broad lines, that's me!
          >
          > Sorana

        • Sorana Salomeia
          Message 4 of 5 , May 31, 2003
            Wings,

            Thank you so much for your kind words, advice and for your interest in my literary works!

            It's very nice being on this writing list!

            Sorana

            wings081 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            Hi Sorana
            It is always a pleasure to welcome a new member from a younger
            generation.
            You have entered our group as a breath of  Spring air gently stirring
            the  currents of winter into a delightful zephyr.

            Your spelling would indicate an American influence in your education.
            In the UK we use an `H' in the word Coreography (choreography)

            From your profile I note your favourite (favorite) quote to be