  • Trisha Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2003
      I have been writing for Eharlequin.com where they have a variety of
      round robins and contests going on. Recently I submitted a chapter
      for the big round Robin Contest called "Night Magic". I didn't win.
      some one else did and after reading what she wrote I know that my
      submission wasn't even close. I could really use some advice about
      how I could have made my chapter better. I am just learning to write.
      I have had several poems published and I use to write for Themestream
      but I have never had any thing on a large scale published before. any
      advice or critiques would be very helpful.

      Night Magic is a BLAZE story and contains graphic descriptions that
      may not be suitable for this site. So I didn't post it here. Instead
      I have provided links to both the actual Round Robin and to my
      chapter submission. if either site is a problem to visit or view
      then please email and I will email you both the entry and the
      winning story.

      sylvrbyrd69@...

      "Night Magic" @ Eharlequin

      http://www.eharlequin.com/cms/learntowrite/ltwDetail.jhtml?
      pageID=030402wr01011

      My Submission for Chapter 3

      thank you

      Happy Writing all

      Trisha
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2003
        Dear Trisha: You came to the right place! I quit writing romance
        novels a while back, but I do have some experience in that field.
        I am a past president of the Chicago-North Chapter of Romance
        Writers of America, attended a lot of national RWA conferences,
        and taught genre fiction classes. If you want a practiced eye to
        look over your work before you submit to e-harlequin, I would be
        glad to give you a hand.

        There are lots of other people here who are very good at
        critiques and will be happy to offer opinions, too. Just post and
        ask. If you have deadlines for contests, let us know so we will
        respond soon enough.

        Suzianne
        suzianne411@...
        http://suzianne.tripod.com

        P.S. Just a reminder to all members...This is what we are about.
        When a writer needs a little help, please feel free to voice an
        opinion. We are professional writers and won't get upset if we
        hear our work critiqued. That is what we want. Our policy at
        ticket2write is that we are on the honor system and are expected
        to critique two pieces for each one we post for consideration. If
        we all try to meet that goal, we will really benefit from the
        process.

        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Trisha Williams"