a new tomorrow

  • firenicenc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2003

      Hi, my name is Danielle from North Carolina usa.  I am 27 and have been writing since I can remember.  Started with the adventures of my Cabbage Patch Kids and now its a bit more ummm.....mature than that.  I will save those stories for later. Here is a poem I wrote the other night.  Thanks for the invite, its good to be here

      Cry not tears for me

      you need not hurt anymore

      It is no my heart or soul

      but my body that goes off to war

      worry not my love

      you need not feel sorrow

      for us there will be

      a new tomorrow

      there is a new tomorrow

      Time passes slowly

      in this dessert land

      I long to hold you close

      lead you by the hand

      down the path of life together

      man and wife loving forever

      but time is something we no longer have

      I cherish every memory of your chaste kiss

      knowing that you will be the one I will miss

      but shed no tears my dear

      I am fighting for the freedom of all

      and in the end justice will prevail

      even if I have to fall

      worry not my love

      you need not feel sorrow

      for us there will be

      a new tomorrow

      there is a new tomorrow

      In the sand where my body lies

      I think of you as I die

      this was not my war

      not my intentions

      but I willingly signed on the line

      became the governments possesion

      I close my eyes tightly

      breathing hard

      thoughts of you I can not discard

      I take comfort in knowing

      I have not died in vain

      our child will bring your relief from this pain

      Peace comes in the knowledge that I have

      made a difference with my sacrifice

      freeing those captive by fear, tyranny and strife

      securing a future of peace for those to come

      protecting future generations of loved ones

      so cry not tears for me,

      as I am laid to rest

      find comfort that I did my best

      my love for you is eternal

      we shall never part

      as long as you keep the memory of me

      alive within your heart

      worry not my love

      you need not feel sorrow

      for us there will be

      a new tomorrow

      there is a new tomorrow

      Danielle Marie Wray  4/3/03
    • Shawn
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2003
        Hello Danielle,

        In view of all that's going on today w/the war and all.. those words
        surely cut the the core of alot of what is definitely being felt by
        many. I've been touched by your words, just as, i'm sure many others
        will be.

        Thanks for sharing..

        Shawn
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2003
          Hi Danielle

          It's a pleasure to have you board.
          You write from the heart and your words must surely reflect the
          innermost thoughts and fears of many at this sad period of the new
          millenium.
          thank you for sharing,
          Best regards