Do not cry

  • mnbates
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2003
      I suppose this may be considered a 'war poem'

      Do not cry

      Do not cry
      For we are dead
      And have no need of tears

      Do not speak
      As the silence
      Tells all the truth

      Do not think
      Your deeds will show your soul
      In all shades, dark and light

      We are not there
      We never lived
      We do not count

      Regards,
      Tin
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2003
        Dear Tin: Without your preamble, I don't think I would have
        catagorized this poem as you did. The message is more
        universal and applies to the human condition from birth (or
        prenatal experience) to death. Making the moments between
        count for something is a daunting task.

        I like your observation that, "your deeds will show your soul." No
        matter what our stated intentions may be, it will be by our acts
        that we will have demonstrated our character and our humanity.

        This is very nicely stated. I appreciate the economy of words.

        Suzianne

        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, mnbates <no_reply@y...>