Dating Priority

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
      You put the month before the day
      It's only right I hear you say
      On this my friends I disagree
      I was taught this at my mothers knee
      The day will always start the date
      The month will always follow late

      But Monday next we harmonise
      Both you and I are equal wise
      Your almanacs and mine you see
      Both tell us it 03-03-03

      A very happy Monday to you all

    • Jon Wood <backwaterjon@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
        --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, wings081 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        I was taught this at my mothers knee
        Wings
        ************
        I can't write poetry worth a flip but I do so love reading words that
        rhyme and make sense.

        Nice work Wings.
        Jon
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
          Hi Jon
          Thanks but I can't write poetry worth a flip either. My futile
          efforts are simply rhymes which I hope will tickle somebody's
          fancy.
          One day I'll get serious and compete (if possible) with the likes
          of A.D (ambient Dreamer) and JKS (Jerry) , until that day, allow me
          to pass on a few tips for Rhyming stories.
          First I jot down the general content and a possible conclusion.
          Having agreed on that I write the first line, taking care to end with
          a word for which there are a number of alternative rhyming words.
          Then decide if the next line has to rhyme or the third. If I get
          stumped, I move the last word of any line further back and choose
          another ending.
          I try to keep a rhythm going, sometimes by use of commas. It may not
          be grammatically correct but then I claim poetic licence.

          A good exercise is to compose limericks.

          There once was a poet named Wings
          Who wrote stories and rhymes and such things
          The tales and the poems were not very clever
          A Wordsworth or Shelley he would be never
          For his endings would always have stings.

          OK so it's rubbish but for a two minute effort it's good
          practice.

        • mnbates
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 30, 2003
            There once was a fellow named Bates,