Re: cutting coupons

  • beautiful2afault <beautiful2afault@yahoo
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2003
      Cutting coupons

      Tuesday the new sales came up on the store racks. Today I reviewed
      the coupons from Sunday's paper. Seems the canned tomatoes on sale at
      the store can be had for almost nothing with the use of the Sunday's
      coupon offer. Hum... the thought of uses for canned tomatoes....

      As a vegetable
      as a sauce
      as a soup, a tomato soup but not with a beef base

      I was hard pressed not to want to make a pasta sauce. Last years ten
      pounds addition via pasta has put the pasta binge on hold as I
      continue
      to exercise off last year's winter layers.

      So tomorrow I will go and purchase the tomatoes for use as needed.

      Other recipes came to mind.

      The eternal meat loaf:
      the clam of the kitchen
      everything goes into that creation
      including canned tomatoes as a sauce on top
      or just mulled within the meaty mixture before cooking

      yes anything goes into the meatloaf.
      The old molded bread still lingering in the bag
      the half a dozen eggs still in the fridge
      that splat from the ketchup bottle no one want to shake out and the
      other assortment of condiments upon the shelves.

      Do hold the pickles unless making a pickle loaf but other than this
      one ingredient anything seems to go
      crackers, cereals, stale breads, left-overs of less than a serving,
      vegetables no one will eat otherwise including onions and green
      peppers and of course the last scrapping of peanut butter from the
      jar which you can't throw out or deem worthy enough for a sandwich.

      Yes, its meatloaf - The clam of the refrigerator.

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "beautiful2afault

    • Susan Donahue <suzianne411@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2003
        Thanks for the chuckle....this is cute and I know most of us can
        relate...lol

        Suzianne