Re: Chapter 2

  • Lisa <lisa_lynn67@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2003
      Jesse, I like your advice, but think passive voice should be avoided
      whenever possible and especially in the first paragraph. How about...:

      Curtis strolled south down ninth Avenue. Females passed him and
      gazed a bit too long at his chiseled good looks and easy, sexy smile.
      Despite his attractiveness to the opposite sex and his baggy shorts,
      loud T shirt, and sneakers, he blended easily into the crowd compared
      to Butch; the large...

      One more note: I don't think the word 'handsome' goes well with
      Curtis' impression and attire at this point. Also, all the above is
      only my opinion.

      SMILE!! Lisa

      --- In ticket2write@yahoogroups.com, "Jesse <Jesse@t...>"

    • Audrey
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
        Scot,

        I'm enjoying your story. My mind has already jumped
        ahead to find out that the rich woman he is meeting
        with is his natural mother. I could be wrong, but
        that's where the set-up seems to be going. Nothing
        wrong with it, just don't expect it to be a surprise
        to your readers if that is where you are going.

        The only other suggestion I have is to cut some of the
        description of minor characters. If Mrs. R appears
        again, you can add another line to flesh out her
        character. If she doesn't reappear, we don't need to
        know her story. Same for the other characters. Just
        my personal opinion. I don't like having a lot of
        people introduced at one time. Makes it hard to
        remember later the details of their story.

        Otherwise, I like your story very much!

        Audrey

        =====
        http://www.audreyshaffer.com